6

Lindsey wasn't feeling well today. 

She was staying in her and Cari's room for the day. Mark already stopped by. He knew the youngster wasn't faking anything. In fact, she was one of the most motivated person he knew. So he and Cari just went for some medication. Moe helped Lindsey settle in a cozy bed with extra pillows, while Cari just made her some tea. Lindsey was glad she had two best friends like them by her side. Mal also stopped by, laughing her ass off when she saw her friend's awful face. 

When she finally was feeling a little bit better and didn't want to puke her whole meal anymore, she closed her eyes and tried to rest. But the door was slammed opened, which made her open them again. She saw Emily's hair flipping around when she shut the door, before turning round to face her. When she saw Lindsey looking terrible, that didn't stop her from growing angry and walking back and forth. 

As Lindsey was going to ask what was going on, Emily cut right to the front, glaring at her with cold eyes. 

"You need to stop psyching me out all the time, okay ? I'm so done with your glares, with your famous smile whenever you feel you're in control. Because you're not ! I am the one in control, and I only let you kiss me the other day because I knew I needed it to figure out why I loved my boyfriend so much okay ? Stop giving me all this attention, I probably don't even deserve it ! I'm not attracted to you the slightest, so stop following me around all the time !" Emily blurted out with no filter. 

Lindsey gave her a quick weak look. "Okay." 

"Okay ?" Emily asked, confused. Lindsey wasn't a quitter, so why would she quit on her ? Maybe her speech was strong enough, but Emily doubted that. 

"Yeah, whatever" Lindsey said, closing her eyes again. 

"You look awful" Emily let out. 

"Thanks" the brunette responded without even opening her eyes to look at a very confused Sonnett. "That's what people usually look like when they have fever. So I'm taking it as a compliment. Now get out." 

"You're sick" Emily said out loud, feeling like a piece of shit right now. Geez, I just threw my harsh words at her, and she is feeling very bad. I'm so stupid. She then put her things down, and walked straight in Lindsey's bed. The brunette opened her eyes, and confusion was filling them. 

"What do you think you're doing ?" Lindsey said, offended. "I said 'get out' not 'get in here with me'!" 

"Shut up." Emily cut her. "I'm trying to be nice."

"But I thought you said..." 

"Shut up, Horan." 

With that said, she put her arm under Lindsey's neck, which caused the midfielder to rest her head on Emily's chest. She then undertook to caress her arm gently, while placing a light kiss on her forehead. Lindsey was rather confused, but so comfortable in Emily's embrace that she didn't think about complaining. Instead, she just wrapped her arm around the defender's abdomen, feeling her abs through her t-shirt. 

Lindsey still was curious. 

"What happened with what you just said ?" she asked. 

"You're sick, you need to rest" Emily let out. "I'm here to help you with this, because I know you can be stubborn sometimes. Often, actually." 

"Well, friends usually aren't in that position" Lindsey argued in a weak voice. 

"We both know we aren't regular friends". 

Lindsey's heart stopped beating in her chest for a few seconds. What does she mean ? Is she like implying something ? Like a hidden message or something ? That conversation was so tense, and that made Lindsey nervous. Emily, on the other hand, seemed to be relax. This girl was so bipolar sometimes. 

"We aren't ?" Lindsey asked, still not sure what to say. 

"No." the defender abruptly said. "Now, shut up and rest."

Lindsey frowned, but decided to obey. She closed her eyes, and about one minute later her breathing got heavier, and Emily just looked at her, protective. When Cari came back from practice, she found the two girls sleeping side by side - or more like half of Lindsey's body on Emily's. 

They looked like a couple. 

°

The afternoon had gone by very quickly. 

Some of the midfielders decided to stay a little bit longer. So only Allie, Tobin, Kealia and Sam were still taking shots on the field. Ever since Carli retired, the Harrys had to take care of the midfield, and kind of direct it. Allie was advising the defensive midfielders, while Tobin would take car of the attacking mid. They both knew their roles were very important, because the midfield was what attached the defense to the attack. In other words, it was very important that they played well. 

Kealia had been quiet the whole time. She wasn't a very talkative person. The same couldn't be said about Sam. People really enjoyed her company because she was always finding a way to discuss or laugh with people. 

"Hey, Panic Petunia, do you know where Kristie is ?" Tobin asked, smirking. "I need to talk to her about something." 

"Probably with Hoodrat" Sam said, rolling her eyes. "Seriously, I think they had something planned tonight. Like a non-date or some shit." 

"A non-date ?" Allie asked, raising her eyebrows. 

Once again, Sam just sighed. "Since they aren't actually officially dating, they won't call it a 'date', which is very stupid according to the fact that they obviously aren't 'just friends' anymore. For like four years now." she blurted out, annoyed. "Anyway, you won't be able to talk to her before dinner I think." 

"Gotcha" Tobin said, smiling. 

Meanwhile, Kealia and Allie were silently shooting some balls into the net. Whenever Allie got the ball, she just passed it to the blonde and so on. 

"You've got a hell of a shot" Allie pointed out after the ball crashed in the back of the net once again. 

Kealia hesitated. "I used to play forward before" she shyly said, passing the ball to Allie. 

"That's not surprising" Tobin said, looking at the newcomer like if she was the new Lionel Messi or something. "That's why Mark put you in the attacking mid." 

The woman concerned just nodded, and looked down at her feet. Tobin frowned : why wasn't she talking at all ? Did she dislike her teammates that much ? She sure doesn't seem to be a introvert person at first. That's weird. That made Tobin wanting to know her more. They've been playing on the team together for about a year or so, and they never got to talk alone, just the two of them. 

That realization made Tobin frowned. Kealia, who saw her reaction, must've thought it was because of her silence, because she quickly said : "Yeah, I guess." That wasn't much, but at least she didn't feel guilty. 

"We better go back now" Allie said, her eyes locked right ahead of her. 

The girls turned around and saw a group of people coming back to their hotel. Their teammates were back, which meant that dinner would be serve quickly. 

"Yup" Tobin let out. 

The four midfielders headed to the dining room.