41

Game Day 3

USA v ENG

Starting lineup : Jenkinson ; Johnston, O'Hara, Marovic, Sonnett ; Heath (c), Brian, Horan, S. Mewis ; Leroux, Riley

___________________

"Be aware!"

Julie ran back to her position. The game was already in the 56th minute, and the US scored in the 34th minute, thanks to a wonderful set up by Moe and an even better finish by the 18-year-old Lena.

But they all knew nothing was over yet. They really wanted to win the group, and were playing the best they could. Kelley was back on the field, so the back line was already feeling better. Mark chose not to play Allie, in order to make her rest. He already had the next game in sight : it was a crucial game.

Mark used his three subs in the 78th minute. Tobin left her spot to Kealia, while Julie and Lindsey were subbed out for Cari and Kristie. It was a pretty weird line up, but it seemed to work out. When Sam dispossessed a player from her midfield spot, she patiently dribbled past several defenders, before giving Syd a perfect ball, that the dark-haired sent in the back of the net.

Once they finished their brief celebration, Kelley - who was wearing the captain armband - looked over at Saskia and Jenko, who both looked very focused.

"They're coming at us guys" she warned them, before making a weird sign at Sonnett.

The blonde nodded.
Of course she had seen the forward running past the two Mewis and then Cari, who even slipped and fell on the ground. As she was ready to take a shot, Saskia blocked the ball with her body. The ball landed on Moe's feet, as she was running toward the goal.

At that very moment, she lifted her head and saw that dead space. She was just running past the half way line. She then remembered Carli's words to her the day they won the Word Cup : 'you see kiddo, one day you'll score a goal like this. I know it : when I look at you, I see a very gifted player. Just, grab your chance Moe. Take that shot when it is offered to you.'. Moe didn't hesitate anymore. She shot that ball the only way she could.

She then only heard the cheers, and saw the ball hitting the back of the net perfectly. Moe turned around and ran straight at Cari, who was yelling in excitement. She then jumped on her, but the defender couldn't hold her, so they fell on the ground. It was the first time they'd been that close - hugs not included - and Moe caught herself liking it a little bit too much.

Jenko, who wasn't far away, couldn't help it.

"Get a room !" she said, rolling her eyes.