53

{A/N : go and check my new story.}

Mal woke up by the sound of the heavy breath of Jenko. 

Tired of sleeping on that uncomfortable chair next to the keeper's bed, she decided to slip under the covers. Since the bed was really small, her body was basically on the blonde's, and she didn't mind. She wrapped her arms around Jenko's inanimate body, and her head was resting on her chest. She knew she shouldn't stay here all day. But she wanted to be the first one to be here when she woke up. It was all so natural, as if they were dating for years already. Mal could hardly believe they only knew each other for less than a year. 

The door opened slowly, as an old lady came in. Mal jumped on her feet, knowing very well that the woman had seen where she was several seconds ago. She had light white hair, and piercing blue eyes. She was dressed as a rich woman, so Mal immediately knew who that was ; Jenko's savior. 

"Hello, Mallory" the old lady said, before looking at her 'daughter' why sad eyes. "Thank you for remaining by her side the whole time. She would really appreciate it." 

Mal frowned. "Y-yeah, that's a normal thing to do" she then said, which caused the woman to look at her. 

"My name is Rose. As you may know, I am Gabrielle's legal tutor. She maybe told you horrible things about me, and they all are true. But you should know I care about her, she is like my grandchild." 

"You sure have a weird way to show it to her" the forward commented, before biting her lips.

Why the fuck did you say that ? Mal bit her lips. 

"You are right, I guess. But here I am. And I am quite surprised she made a... let's say, 'friend', like you. She usually connects with awful people that are no good to her. But you seem to be a great person, Mallory." 

Mal looked down. The was the old lady have said 'friend' irritated her. Jenko and her were obviously more than friends. They sat in silence for a while, before Rose just got up, put an envelope by the keeper's side, and left the room. She's so weird, Mal thought to herself, before locking the door and going back to her initial position. 

She couldn't help but take the envelope on her hands, and open it quickly. Rose's handwriting is as straight as she seemed to be. Inside, there were two things ; a credit card with money on it, and a note. Mal frowned. "You are not alone." That was it. Money and lame excuses, and Rose was already gone. Mal put it all back on the envelope, and closed it with her saliva. She then relied on Jenko's chest again. 

She then felt her move a bit. 

"Did you just opened my envelope ?" a weak husky voice asked. 

Mal jumped on her feet, and was facing the now awake goalkeeper. She knew she should hide her excitement, but just couldn't help it ; she rushed on the bed again, and hugged Jenko with all the strength she had. The keeper did answer this embrace by only putting a hand on the small of Mal's back. 

It was enough.

°

Maura opened the door as quietly as she could. 

She immediately regretted it. Tobin was lying down on her bed, her back pressed against the wall behind her bed, and her legs stretched down as well. Cuddling by her side - she probably feel asleep there not on propose - was Kealia. When her sister looked back at her, Maura blushed a little bit. But when she noticed Tobin didn't seem ashamed of that position, she assumed she was allowed to be here. 

"Hey" she let out. 

"Hey." Tobin said, unsure. 

The younger girl just closed the door behind her, and looked at her sister. Now that she was facing her, the little speech she had prepared in her head had just disappeared. Ever since Alyssa died, they got a little bit closer. Tobin was spending all her time with either her, Allie or Kealia. Surprisingly, the middy seemed to have developed a natural sister instinct for her, and Maura didn't know how to react.

She talked to Allie the other day - even if the blonde was scaring her only by looking at her - and the middy told her to just talk with Tobin. But the problem was that Tobin was very hard to read as a person. 

Tobin took the lead : "I wanted to talk to you", she said, slowly getting away from Kealia's embrace. She then showed Maura the door, and they both got out. "Let's go on the field, do you mind ?"

Maura just nodded, and they silently went to that field. Some balls were still on it, but Tobin decided to just stop before stepping on the actual grass. She turned around slowly, just to face the brunette.

She then took a step further and wrapped Maura in a tight hug. The younger girl, that wasn't expecting this at all, just went with the flow and eventually held Tobin back. It was the first 'sisterly' embrace they were having. Tobin's hugs were amazing : she was sweet, but intense and caring. Maura felt that she meant something to the midfielder, and she was very surprised, because Tobin actually didn't hug a lot of people (except during games). It was only Allie, sometimes Kealia, but rarely, Alex, and now her. 

"I am sorry for putting you aside" she whispered in Maura's ear, not willing to letting her go that quickly. "I know I didn't act the right way. I am new in that whole 'being a big sister' thing, and I gotta admit it scares me. But I am here, kid. And what happened with Alyssa made me realize how short life was. So, I am here now." 

With that said, she let her go. The girls' eyes connected, and Maura sighed out of relief. 

"Woah, I... wasn't expecting that- Not at all" she honestly said. "It means a lot." 

Tobin smiled, before finally going on the field. Maura was more than happy to join her. What the two girls didn't know was that Kealia was watching them from the room balcony, a smile on her lips : when some of the girls arrived this evening to the hotel, Kling came to see her. She told her about how Tobin insisted for Mark to give her a shot, and then exchanged her spot on the starting XI so that Kealia would get the start. So the blonde decided to help Tobin be happy ; and family was the most important thing. She told Maura to just go and talk to her, knowing how much Tobin wanted to get to know her, but didn't know how to act.

Kealia was now smiling. Her smile is perfect, she thought, looking at Tobin.