38

Alex Morgan was sitting on the couch, her husband by her side. 

That was when Allie and Tobin lost it. They ran toward her and carefully pulled her into a tight group hug. She was pregnant for six months now, and it showed. She seemed to radiant, and so ready to start this family. Once they were done with the 'I've missed you so much', 'what in the world are you doing here', 'how are you ! how is the baby ?' and 'we're so glad you're here', the three girls pulled away and smiled at each other. Then, they greeted Serva. Tobin was the first one to hug him. She knew they were meant to be, and was glad that this stupid crush she thought she had for Alex disappeared. 

Once they were done with Alex, they let their other teammates hugging her. Tobin then hugged Allie, while Kelley was already getting weird with Alex. The Harrys looked at each other, big smiles on their lips. 

"Feels so good to be reunited with this gem" Tobin said, while Alex hugged both of them. 

"Three Amigas for life, bitches !" Alex yelled. 

That made the girls laugh. 

As some of them were on the shower, Alex sat her two friends down. She had something important to ask them, and was feeling nervous again. Tobin and Allie waited for them to finally speak up. 

"It's a girl." Alex let out. Before her two friends had the time to freak out, she lifter her hand and went on. "I want her to have the best role models possible. So... I know the whole team will be her aunties, but I want you two to have a special role to play in her life." she then explained, while the two girls were frowning. "I want you two to be her godmothers." 

There was a silence, while both Allie and Tobin's faces lighted up. The blonde even felt the tears growing inside of her eyes. 

"Of course !" Allie exclaimed, being all emotional. "Alex, that's an honor for me." 

"Yah, me too." Tobin said, moved by her friend's demand. 

Once again, the Three Amigas hugged each other. That was what a real friendship looked like. And Kelley was watching her girlfriend cry, thinking that one day, she'd like to live the same thin than Alex and Serva, but with her. 

°

Jenko wanted to be alone after the game. 

She knew the game against England would be hers. Mark already told her he'd put her in goals, and maybe change the whole roster again. The truth was that Jenko felt safe whenever people like Julie, Tobin and Allie were on the field, so she was just playing that they'd be here by her side. 

She was lost in her thoughts when the door opened. She thought it was Michelle - her roommate that she liked because she wasn't too invasive, but was still being a good friend - but then remembered she was talking with her boyfriend on the phone. So when Jenko lifted her head and saw Mal standing in front of her, her eyes red because sh cried, she immediately sighed. 

She then saw the pain and distress in the slightly older girl's eyes. She put her book down, and rolled her eyes, before opening her arms. She never had done such a thing before, but with Mal it seemed pretty natural. So the dark-haired immediately laid down practically on her, her head resting on Jenko's chest, and her leg on the keeper's. As a response to her tears, Jenko put her hand on Mal's back. 

The forward was silent for five good minutes, during which Jenko was just observing her, surprised by her weakness. 

"We can talk if you want" the whispered, caressing Mal's back with her fingers. 

She felt the girl shiver under her touch, and liked it way too much. She then shook her head and let her hand still on Mal's back. The forward's body was shaking, as she was bursting into tears again. Jenko had never seen her so weak. She used to hate weak people, but seeing Mal like that only made her want to hold her closer and comfort her. That was a very weird thing to admit for her. 

Noticing that Mal wouldn't answer, Jenko went on :

"We're friends. Well, I obviously kissed you the other day. That made you upset, I get it. It won't happen again. So let's say we're friends." she nervously said. "Friends talk when things are shitty. So I'm here." 

Mal wiped her tears. 

"Thank you." 

Both girls could've stayed in that position for years. Feeling each other heartbeats on their chests, and then touching, caressing each other without any question, any hesitation or doubt, and just enjoy each other's presence. Jenko had this weird impression that the rooms were empty when she was in them. But when Mal entered them, they suddenly become bright, colorful and great to live in. And it was quite the same thing in her life : ever since Mal came into her life, she had become a better person. 

At least she hoped she was. 

When Mal lifted her head and placed her body totally on Jenko's, blocking her from moving, she still had teary eyes. She then looked into Jenko's eyes, and leaned in slowly. Her lips touched the keeper's, as she was playing with her blonde hair. Jenko didn't even move, waiting for Mal to show her what she really wanted. The forward opened her eyes and saw that Jenko's were closed, as her hands were caressing Mal's back. Without further due, Mal softly bit the keeper's lips, before licking them slowly. 

Once she was feeling like home, she just leaned away a very tiny bit, just to feel their noses touch, and Jenko's gaze on her. 

"Mallory, what are you doing ?" she softly asked, and Mal wasn't able to tell if she was annoyed by the situation, or only curious. Jenko spotted her sudden worry, and put her hand on Mal's butt. "Not that I mind. It's just that... You have to tell me what's going on here." 

The forward bit her own lips. 

"You are holding me. And I kissed you." she said, putting her nose back on the other girl's. 

"Yeah, I figured that out already" Jenko let out, giggling. 

That sound just made Mal smile. She then leaned in again, and gave Jenko a very smooth kiss. They were moving their lips in sync, and there was nothing sexual about it. Only softness and gentleness. Two things the keeper wasn't used to. 

She squeezed Mal's but, which made the forward smile against her lips. Their bodies seemed glued to each other, as she was breaking the kiss. Jenko kissed her neck, before holding her tighter. She heard Mal moaning, so she kept on leaving small kisses all over her neck. 

"Mmh, when did you become so touchy and nice ?" Mal asked, smiling. 

The keeper rolled her eyes and nodded. "It seems that a certain brunette is having this effect on me." she then responded, before straightening. Mal was put aside, as Jenko was kissing her lips for the final time of the day. "We should stop it here. We both know we need to be focused for this tournament." 

Mal nodded. "Yah." She seemed pretty disappointed. 

"That doesn't mean nothing will happen afterwards" Jenko whispered, putting one of Mal's lock of hair behind her hear. 

"Mmh" Mal let out, before going back to her initial position. "Do you mind me staying here for a while ? I played like shit today." 

"You didn't play your best, but you didn't play like shit either" the keeper argued, putting her hand back on Mal's. "And yes, you can stay." 

Mal smiled, before closing her eyes. For the first time in years, she finally felt in the right place. She just never expected it to be in Gabie Jenkinson's arms.