24

"Amor ?" a soft voice said, reaching Julie's ear. That made the blonde groan, but she didn't move a bit. Waking the defender up was mission impossible, since she was a real sleepy head, and Christen found that so cute. Her hand reached Julie's forearm, as she was cuddling against her back. The dark-haired then kissed Julie's neck. "Wake up" 

"Mmmmmmmh nooooo" Julie complained, hiding her face on the pillow. She then turned around and wrapped her arms around Christen's body, pulling her the closest she could. The Latina sighed.

Christen rolled her eyes at her girlfriend, still surprised that she wasn't pissed off by her attitude, when she usually hated people that couldn't wake up on time. "Julie, I have something important to ask you." 

The blonde positioned herself a little bit backwards, facing Christen. Her eyes were barely opened, as she was waiting for Christen's question. The forward giggled at how cute her girlfriend was. 

"Channing and her husband booked two planes tickets to Amsterdam later this month, but my mom called this morning because she's going to deliver. Today." Christen explained, filled with pride when she was mentioning her pregnant sister. "So they won't be able to travel in Europe after all, and her husband thought about us." 

"Us ?" Julie repeated, suddenly more awake. 

"They... kinda gave them to us. It's just after the qualifying tournament, and we would be back three days before the beginning of the next prep camp" she went on, trying to hide how nervous she was. "I was thinking... Well, since we've been together for three years and a half now, it was a very good way to celebrate ?"

Julie's eyes went wide, as a happy smile was on her face. 

"A holiday ? Just the two of us ? In Amsterdam ?" Julie said, astonished. She seemed to be pretty confident about it, so Christen was able to breathe again. She knew the blonde had problems with the medias knowing about them in the first place, and didn't like her personal life to be exposed, so the couple would just hide from the cameras and photographers. But now, she seemed pretty happy. "Yes, please." 

"Yes ?" Christen repeated, surprised. 

"Of course yes ! I'd like to go in Amsterdam with my amazing girlfriend, aka the love of my life !" Julie said, before kissing Christen. 

The two girls went downstairs to eat their breakfast, smiles on their faces. 

° 

"Allie, we need to talk !" 

The freckled girl was walking as fast as she could to catch up on the blonde, who seemed pretty pissed. They were attending her brother's wedding, as expected, and once the ceremony was over, and that the people were heading to an aperitif afterwards, Allie just rolled her eyes and rushed out of the church. Kelley was following her, unable to know whether Allie was mad at the people that were asking questions all the time to her, or at Kelley herself, even thought they didn't talk much. 

Once they reached a place where they were alone, Kelley grabbed Allie's forearm and made her turn around. The blonde seemed really angry. 

"What is it ?" Kelley asked, trying to feel nervous. "If it's my grandma, I can tell her to shut the fuck up ! I know I should've warned you that she really loves me and wants to make an investigation on everyone I am talking to, especially my girlfriend, and- Oh, is it because of my cousin ? He's an ass, and I hate him. I knew he would eye-fuck you ! I mean, who wouldn't ? But I can tell him to stop ! And-"

"Kels" Allie spoke out, and the freckled girl just stopped talking. She looked at the middy, who seemed in some sort of discomfort, even though she looked self-confident as always. She just looked at Kelley in the eyes, and sighed. "It's not that. Your family is great, I like them very much." 

"So what's wrong ! You can tell me ! Is it because of me ?" Kelley argued, feeling her heart beat very fast. 

She was used to Allie blaming her for things - and she deserved it most of the time - but didn't like it when the blonde wasn't telling her things right away. She just waited for her to formulate a proper explanation, which she did. 

"It's not you, it's-" she said, but stopped talking, and sighed. "I mean, it is, but I don't know if that's in a good way or not." 

Kelley frowned. Allie was so clever that sometimes the former Stanford student had trouble following her thoughts and acts. 

"There is something I've been willing to do all day, while you were next to me, but I don't know if... I don't know." the middy went on. 

"What is it ? You can tell me, Al. I'm not made out of sugar." 

"I can show you instead" the blonde proposed. 

Kelley nodded. 

She was surprised when she felt Allie coming closer. The blonde just leaned in, making sure their bodies weren't touching. She slowly reached Kelley's lips with her own, and kissed her softly. This was the smoothest kiss Kelley was ever given, so she didn't even dare to kiss back. Allie was showing her this soft side of her, and she loved it. In order to show her that she wasn't committing any kind of mistake, Kelley put her hands on her hips, opening her eyes to make sure this was real. She immediately saw Allie frowning. 

When she started to feel Allie's lips away from hers, Kelley observed her. She was still very close to her, and her cold hands were on Kelley's cheeks. The middy still had her eyes closed when Kelley felt her heart racing on her chest. The blonde still had this effect on her, the same effect since day one. 

Her eyes still closed, Allie whispered : "I can't forget you". She then opened them, and stared into Kelley's soul (at least it felt like it). "I've tried so hard for a year. I tried to get over you, to tell myself that I could find happiness with someone else. You know I hate this whole 'soulmate' thing, and never believed in it. But now, I really think we're connected." 

She stopped talking, as Kelley's fingers were on her lips. 

"Alexandra Linsley Long, I swear on my life and those of the people I love the most that I will never betray you again." the freckled girl whispered against her lips. "You're the one person I think of all the time, even when I shouldn't. I'm sorry I acted like a stupid bitch with you, because you sure deserve better than me. But from now on, I will try to be a better friend, and an even better girlfriend."

"Girlfriend ?" Allie asked, frowning. 

"Y-yes, girlfriend" Kelley said, trying to be confident. 

That made Allie giggle. Her arm then slipped to Kelley's hips, and the smiled at her. 

"Okay." 

"Okay ?" 

"Okay." Allie smiled at how stupid this exchange had been. "Now, let's go otherwise your parents will think I'm a bad influence." 

Kelley kissed her one more time, before putting her hand on Allie's back. They finally were reunited, for better and for worse.