40

{A/N : I know those looks like 'filled chapters', but they really aren't. It's important for me to talk about the team and not only about the different ships. Also, in like 9-10 chapters, you will literally die, so enjoy reading happy stuff while you still can. Peace out.}

Only one day remained before the face-off against England. 

With the aim of letting the players regain their bodies in mind, Mark allowed them to have a recovery day before the game. So the players were split up in pairs, and they had to go to each activities at least one. As the coach was forming the parings, Moe got pared up with Lindsey, which made her very happy, because they had to talk. They went to wait for the massages, sitting in a very huge doorway. 

Moe was the first one to speak up. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you" she murmured, looking at her hands. Noticing that Lindsey was frowning, she went on : "I was scared of your reaction. She's our best friend - well, mostly yours since you two are like sisters - a-and I didn't want you to get angry at me or something. But you have to know that it's not only a crush I have on her. I have feelings, and whenever she's around, I can't keep calm and my body... I don't know, it's so weird and confusing. But I won't hurt her, I swear. I-" 

"Morgan, what the heck are you talking about right now ?" Lindsey asked, really surprised by Moe's loss of countenance. She usually was well-driven and delivered wonderful built-up speeches and stuff. So when she saw how red Moe's face was at the moment, she kinda guessed what it was all about. "Is it Cari ?" 

The slightly older girl closed her eyes. "Y-yes."  

"Okay" Lindsey said, rolling her eyes. "Listen. After further consideration, I have to apologize for my text. I know you're not a bitch or something. And I can see in your eyes how much you care about her."

"In my eyes ?" Moe asked, completely panicked. "Jesus, nobody can find out ! The team would-"

"Honey, everybody knows" Lindsey cut her, winking. 

"What ?"

"You two already are the new 'Presston' to them" the brunette explained, trying to hide the fun she had while looking at a completely panicked Morgan Brian. "I mean, you two are too obvious. It's like you are the only ones not knowing how much you like each other." 

Moe winked. "Y-you... she likes me." she then let out, like if she was realizing something very important. "She told me that the other day." 

"Great, what about you telling her to-" she then suddenly stop talking and made a quick transition : "Ooooooh Cari hey ! I have to go, bye !"

With that said, she literally pushed Cari - who was in her training and messy bun, only willing to talk to Lindsey about something - inside of the room before slamming the door behind her on her way out. Cari intensively looked at Moe, who was totally freaking out. Oh my God, I can't be alone with her in a room now ! I can't deal with her cuteness, especially after what Linds just fucking told me ! Whaaaaaat do I dooooo ? She looked up and caught eyes with Cari, who was blushing. 

Moe coughed. 

"Cari, we should-" she began, but was cut off. 

"Would-you-go-on-a-date-with-me-I-mean-not-a-real-date-if-you-don't-want-to-but-like-a-moment-together-just-the-two-of-us-together-and-" the defender blurted out, her voice shaking as much as her hands. 

Holy shit, nervous Cari is even cuter than normal Cari, Moe thought, trying her best not to give the brunette her usual heart eyes whenever she was looking at her. Is she that nervous because of me

"What ?" Moe playfully asked. 

She knew making Cari more uncomfortable wasn't really nice of her, but she really liked that idea that the defender could really be nervous because of her. Cari's eyes went wide, as she was breathing loudly. 

"I-I was wondering if we could, like... hang out ?" she said, before shaking her head. "I-I mean, outside. Hanging out outside. Us. You a-and me. Like..."

"A date ?" Moe suggested. 

Cari closed her eyes. "Y-yes. I guess. I want to. I mean I just-"

"I'd like to go on that 'hang out outside' session with you"

"Are you sure ?" Cari asked, raising her eyebrows. "Because I can be really awkward when I like someone, and maybe talk rubbish all day long, and do stupid things just to impress you a-and not be sexy at all because I'm too weird for that, and..."

While she was talking, Moe just took a couple steps closer to Cari, and grabbed her two arms with fierce. Cari immediately stopped talking, shocked by Moe's forwardness. The slightly older girl just looked at her in the eyes. 

"Cari. I have never been so sure about going out with someone that I am now" she reassured her, smiling. "And, as a response about your speech the other day..."

"Oh, that speech was lame and s-stupid, you don't-"

"I like you too, Cari."

Before the defender could do anything, Moe placed a light kiss on Cari's cheeks, before disappearing of the room with confidence. Cari stood still for a long minute, her hand touching the skin where Moe's lips were on several seconds earlier. 

Her heart was beating hella fast. 

°

Maura nervously stood by the door. Tobin was sitting just in front of her, turning her back on her, talking with Allie and Kelley as usual. You have to tell her before she finds out by herself. Becky's words came back into the young defender's mind, terrifying her. Her legs were shaking, as she desperately was trying to walk toward the small group. It won't be that hard. Easy as in one two three, right ? You just have to go like 'hey Tobin', and then try to smile and not look like a freaking terrorist or some shit. 'I have something very important to tell you', yup, that would be it. Maura was snapped out of her trance when she heard the door being slammed. She jumped a little bit.

The freckled defender, who noticed her, was looking at her like if she'd seen a ghost or something.

"Maura ? You okay ?" she then asked, concerned.

Tobin and Allie immediately turned around. The young brunette just looked at them, not understanding what was happening, until Tobin got up and put her hands on Maura's shoulders.

"What's wrong, kid ? You're as white as a sheet" she said, conserving her 'resting chill voice' as she was speaking.

"N-nothing I just-" Maura tried to say, but immediately stopped speaking. You are going to betray yourself. Shut the fuck up until you can come up with a good excuse to say. She then regained confidence a little bit, and said : "I need to call my grandmother." You don't have any grandmother, dumbass. "Mother" she immediately corrected.

She escaped Tobin's grip and rushed out of the room. 

USWNT 3.0जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें