50

{A/N : this chapter will mark the beginning of a small break. I don't know how often I will be able to update.}

Alyssa saw the blood. 

That red liquid that the never had wanted to see in her life. Not that much blood. She felt her heart becoming heavy, and her throat becoming sore. Jenko was on the ground, and she just fainted. The bullet was shot straight in her stomach, as she was not able to do anything. Hope, on the other hand, got one on the shoulder. She was restraining herself from crying, holding her injured shoulder as if it would change something. 

Alyssa saw the lights fading little by little. She looked down at her body, and saw the blood escaping from her neck, as she was slowly taken somewhere else. She didn't want to close her eyes. She just couldn't close them. As she was fighting against her will to close them, she saw someone enter the room. She immediately recognized this little blonde from the French National Team, named Claire Lavogez. The young girl looked at the three players down, and immediately reacted by texting someone. She then approached Alyssa. 

The keeper grabbed the blonde's jacket, and caused her to get closer to her so she wouldn't have to speak very loudly.

"S-save.... them...." she whispered, feeling like she just lost control of her body. 

Claire shook her head. 

"Non, y'a pas moyen. Allez." she said. {TR : No. No way. Come on.}

"S'il te plaît..." Alyssa said, and she suddenly was very glad to have learnt French at school. "Aide-les... Je suis une cause perdue... S'il te plaît..." {TR : Please... Help them... I am a lost cause... Please}  

"Personne n'est une cause perdue" the forward firmly said. {TR : Nobody is a lost cause.}

She undertook to search for some gauze, as Hope was painfully sitting, her shoulder still trapped in her hands. Claire let Alyssa's hand rest on the compresses, while she opened the door carefully, making sure the shooter wasn't coming back. She then made a sign to someone, and three other girls came into the room. Hope recognized Amandine Henry, who was playing in Portland, along with Camille Abily and Eugénie LeSommer. The two last girls locked the door with some pieces of furniture, while Amandine and Claire helped Hope to sit down on a chair. They then turned on Jenko. 

She didn't seem to be breathing anymore. Claire immediately knelled, and began a cardiac massage, as Amandine was talking on the phone in French, probably with the police. They heard other shooting noises, as Camille was applying some pressure on Alyssa's compresses.  

"You just hang in there, okay, big girl ?" Amandine said in a sweet voice. 

But Alyssa's eyes seemed to be heavier than before. The last thing she saw before closing her eyes were Hope's teary eyes, and Claire continuing to do the massage on Jenko's inanimate body. 

A white light blinded her, as Amandine's voice was now very far away.

°

He pulled the trigger

Stephanie rushed on him and pushed him to the side. The shooter crashed on the wall, loosing the gun he was holding. She then made sure he was on the ground before diving and take the weapon on her hands. She then weakly got up and pointed it at the guy. It took several second for Julie to realize what was really happening. She then got up, and stood by Stephanie's side, as the man was looking at them, knowing that he wasn't the boss anymore. 

The dead bodies were now filling the room. Stephanie's thoughts were flying everywhere on her head. What if his friends show up ? And maybe he was forced to do this ? When he got up and ran straight at Julie, Stephanie's eyes pulled the trigger without her even wanting to. The bullet landed between the man's eyes, and his heavy body fell on the ground. Totally shocked by her own action, she let the gun fall on the ground, and fell on her knees. Julie, whose mouth was opened, just put her hands on her face. 

The police burst into the room and spotted the two girls, and the dead man. They helped Stephanie get up. She looked like a zombie, in a total other word. Julie, who had never seen death so near, just started to breathe heavily. 

The French police officer looked at her. 

"It's over, madame. Come with us, we will take you outside."

She followed him. 

Once they were outside, they lead Stephanie in a another direction. But before Julie could even say anything, her scared eyes crossed Christen's. Time seemed to stop. She knew her clothes were covered in the shooter's blood, and that her whole body seemed to have liquefied. But she never ran so fast in her life. She crashed onto Christen's warm arms, as her girlfriend grabbed her as if she never wanted to let go of her again. 

Christen burst into tears. 

"Don't you ever dare leaving me again" she ordered, one hand on Julie's back, pulling her as close to her as she could get, the other hand grabbing her blonde hair with strength.

Julie smiled. It was such an ironical act, but she smiled. 

Crystal then approached them and hugged both of the really tight. Michelle joined them, and they sighed. 

"Were are Alyssa, Hope and Ash ?" Crystal asked. 

"I-I don't know, we split up a-and..."

"Where are they taking Stephanie ?"

"I-I don't-" Julie started, but her voice broke. "S-she shot that guy... She s-saved m-m-me I-I..."

Christen pulled her into another hug, making a quick sign at the two girls to go and check on Stephanie. 

"It's okay, baby. You're okay." 

°

Alyssa knew it wasn't the end of the endless road she had ahead of her. 

It was more like splitting paths. She walked the other way, therefore nobody could see her again

She was smiling the whole walk through the clouds

Death is the end.  

___________________________________________

{A/N}

RIP all the victims of the previous shootings

And the ones from of the next ones

My thoughts with their families and friends

May humanity find its way back to humanity