45

Today was game day against Japan. 

Moe immediately got out of bed. She was awake at 4 AM this morning, because of stress. She made sure not to wake Mal up, and closed the door behind her. It was now 5:30 AM, one hour before the rest of the team would wake up. Her heart full of excitement, Moe ran down the stairs and generically walked toward the little park that was situated just next to the hotel. The sun was rising slowly, as the brunette was feeling her heart beat faster in her chest. She made sure her hair were okay before crossing the little wooden gate that separated the park from the forest path. 

Thank God she's already here, Moe thought, smiling. Cari was indeed already sitting on a bank, her eyes locked on the view. The sun was red, reflecting on the river. When she felt Moe's presence, she immediately got up and awkwardly stood here. Seeing her like this, first thing is the morning, already made Moe's day better. Even with the high pressure of the upcoming game - they didn't know the roaster yet - Cari was able to make her forget about everything. She just had to look into her eyes. 

Without any hesitation, Moe took Cari's cheeks between her hands and pulled her closer. The defender immediately responded by grabbing Moe's forearms, caressing them softly. Their foreheads were pressing against each other. They caught eyes, and realized they both needed it really bad. So Moe naturally closed the gap that was between them, locking their lips together. It was a soft but filled with passion kiss. Their lips moved in sync, and Moe found the courage to ask Cari's permission. She then wrapped her arms around Cari's body, her hands falling on the hollow of the defender's back. She then used her tongue, which made Cari moan. They kissed for several seconds, before going out of oxygen. 

So Moe just pulled her into a hug. It was far from being a 'friends hug'. Cari's hands were on Moe's neck, as the middy was closing her eyes. Her mouth found its way to Cari's hear, and made her shiver. 

"Hey." 

"H-hey"

Moe chuckled. 

"You don't have to be shy with me, Cari" she murmured, while pulling a little away, just to lock eyes with the defender. 

Cari rolled her eyes. "It's your fault if I'm like that. You just... have to stop having this effect on me, and I will stop being shy." 

That made the middy laugh. "What effect ?" 

"You know what effect"

They laughed in sync, before sitting on the bank. Moe put her legs on Cari, who just had fun running her fingers on them. Moe shivered, and undertook to caress the defender's cheeks. All that just came naturally. They agreed on keeping whatever this was between them, so that nobody would suspect them. So they set up those secret meetings. And as much as Moe loved to sleep, she didn't mind waking up to see Cari. 

The defender was frowning. 

"What's wrong, baby ?" Moe asked, concerned. 

Cari looked at the sky, just so that she wouldn't have to face Moe. 

"What if... I mean, I don't want to be defeatist or something, but I can't help but think..." she stopped talking, lost in her thoughts. Moe encouraged her to continue. She let out a small sigh, before saying : "What if it's our last day here ?" 

"Then, let's make it count" Moe said. "We will fight tonight. And if we lost to Japan, of course it's going to be disappointing. And frustrating. But life will go on. Besides, I've already won something more important than a trophy"

Cari realized Moe was talking about her. As an answer, she approached the middy and softly kissed her again. 

"I love you, Morgan" she then said, shy as she always was. 

Moe smirked. "You know I love you too".

They remained by each other's side, enjoying the last moments of silence before a day filled with emotions and events. 

°

"Can I talk to you ?" Kealia nervously asked, looking at the ground. When she saw Allie raising her eyebrows, she continued : "In private." 

Tobin nodded. Kealia didn't wait for her to say something to Allie before going out of the dining room. She knew her approach wasn't very good. But she really needed to know how the middy was doing. She knew what she was going through, and could only imagine how painful and confusing it all was. She started walking back and forth, until Tobin just joined her. They were standing here, facing each other. 

The blonde just looked at her hands, before lifting her eyes. 

"How are you ?" 

Tobin burst into laughter. "You dragged me here just to know how I am doing ?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Y-yes" 

The brunette didn't really know how to react. 

"Uhm, I'm fine, thanks" she said, still looking at Kealia like if she was a mad girl or something. 

"It's just that... You just found out about Maura, and I know I would feel like shit if I was in your position. So... I mean, I know you've got Allie, and Alex with you, but... I don't know. I just wanted to make sure you know I'm here too. I won't judge you or something. And sometimes, it's good just to let it all out." 

Tobin really was confused now. "Thank you... I guess." 

They heard a door being opened behind them. Kealia nervously threw a last look at Tobin, before going back to the room. As the middy was following her with her intense eyes, Mark Parsons appeared in her field of view. She smirked. 

"Does she know you're the reason why I gave her a chance ?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. 

"No" Tobin let out. "And she cannot know." 

Mark nodded. 

Ever since Tobin got to see Kealia play, she influenced Mark to choose her. She was the reason why he looked at her in the first place. And once she was on the team, doing a tremendous job during training, it was even easier for Tobin to help her out. She made it to the starting XI whenever Mark asked for Tobin's advice. And she didn't disappoint. 

The head coach was looking at her with a small smile. 

"She won't. Unless you tell her."

Tobin nodded, while the English man just joined the rest of the team. She shook her head, regaining her mind, and followed him not too far behind.