Chap. 6: Kadaj

“Come on Kadaj, we got to get going!” Kei starts thrashing me around. I shoot out my arm, and grab his shoulder.

“I’m awake.” His grasp on me releases and he rushes out of the burrow. I sit up fixing my long black hair, sometimes it was such a burden, but I saw no use in cutting it off either. A lot of people made jokes about it back at the government building, but I just ignored them.

When I make my out of the haven, I watch Kei run all over the place bring chased by something that’s half hoping, half running. It’s Sakura, man she is as cute as I thought.

“Don’t be too heedless, brother.” I call out, just as he disappears into the trees. “Kyoko, you keep tabs on Kei, as I and Hikaru find some food.” The bear grumbles, and Hikaru makes his way to me. I board him, and we start off.

Around two hours pass. In this time I have gathered two deer, and three squirrels. Although we agree, it’s enough we keep strolling on. Hikaru smells something out of the ordinary, so he wants to investigate. As we get closer, I can smell it too. 

The scent of a fire that had recently died out fills my nostrils. I can tell someone is near. For all that’s good in the world, I hope Skylar is there. We stand at the edge of the tree line, in front of us looks just like a camp ground. There is a fire pit with logs set around it, and farther back is a rock shelter.

“Skylar, are you here?” I call out. I know it’s a bad idea, but I walk out into the space, leaving Hikaru at the tree line. “Skylar?” Someone steps out of the cave. It isn’t Skylar, but it’s a girl. She has dark pin straight hair, and pale red eyes. 

“Who are you and why do you want Skylar?” Her stern voice is supposed to seem threatening, but I’ve heard worse. Especially considering where I worked. Another girl struts out to join her. This one is blond and seems even more menacing than the other.

“You took her and came back just you seemed innocent, didn’t you?” 

“Of course he didn’t! Our precious little Kadaj would never do that.” A hand lands on my shoulder. I jump at the feeling of it. I shrug it off, ignoring the person behind me.

“I didn’t take her. I honestly just want to see her. I’m-”

“Here to take her in, so she can be used as a pawn in the war.” Akaito steps forward in to the space next to me. I look at him with anger in my eyes. “It is the truth, brother. Why not come out straight and tell them?”

The blond girl goes through many poses and next thing I know she’s surrounded by water. She shoots it towards us, and soon both Akaito and I are encased by ice.

I was told this information when I was given the mission. These girls are one of the seven people I’m supposed to keep an eye out for besides Skylar. She has also escaped from the same facility. I’m amazed I can even run all this through my mind, considering all the pain I’m in.

“Please stop! I mean no harm! This is guy is the one you have to worry about!” I to escape, ready to explain everything, but the blond girl is surrounded by more water, ready to encase our heads as well.

Name: Kiera Tabby

Gender: Female

Power: Mermaid

Born: March 17th, 2010

Obtained: February 22nd, 2012

Background: She is now seventeen. Natural blond hair with light blue streaks, she was given because of her power, light blue eyes, five feet five inches.

“I’m sorry but we can’t trust anyone at this point in time.” Water comes like a tsunami, but I’m quicker in transforming, then I break out of the ice and jump out of the way. I look over in hope that Akaito wasn’t as lucky, but as the water clears I see him standing there with a smug look.