Chap. 41: Kiera

As we were running up the stairs, we heard series of gun fires. Skylar and I wanted to run back and help them, but the guys wouldn’t let us. 

“I’m really scared.” Skylar says. I can hear that she’s on the verge of tears, and I’m right there with her. I just want to curl up and hide in a corner and wait for all this to disappear, but I know it won’t unless I do something about it. 

“Man up Lync.” Kadaj says from behind us all. I look back at him and grin.

“You wouldn’t be saying that if you knew his secret.” I tease. Skylar looks at me likes she’s going to kill me. “What you have to tell him sometime.”

“Tell me what?” He says his voice stern. “I don’t want any games.”

“You won’t get any.” Skylar replies just as stern. “I’ll tell you when the time is right. Don’t worry about it now, and Kiera drop it.” 

We begin to reach the top, and the temperature begins to rise. It’s not a good thing for me either, considering I get really weak in high temperatures. Leo places his hand on my shoulder as if to reassure me. We walk into the room, and I hold my arm up to block out the intense rays. 

“Where the hell are we?” I say trying to look around. What I can make out of it is a garden. There are flowers, trees and bushes everywhere, there’s a fountain in every corner. There are a few tables with umbrellas over them, and a hammock off to the side. I think this might be my most favorite room, considering the first two had no windows at all and this one is full of them, letting the sun flow in.

“I don’t know but right now this is paradise!” Leo practically skips over to the hammock and relaxes. He throws his hands behind his head, and closes his eyes. “I could really just stay like this.” I stride across the room to where he is, and flip the hammock causing him to crash onto the tile floor.

“We have to be serious about this. We need to find our opponent so we can get this over with.” I bend down so I level with him. I place my hand on his head. “Besides, there isn’t enough room for both of us on that thing.” He grins at me and puts his hand on my head.

“I would’ve made room just for you.” I smile back at him, but our moment is soon interrupted.

“You two would’ve broken my precious hammock.” I look over to a patch of flowers and find that there’s a girl tending to them. She’s dressed in a flowery dress with an apron overtop, she also wears thick brown gloves on her hands that hold a watering can. She brushes her white-blond hair out of face as she turns to glare at us with her shimmering pink eyes. “I spent forever making that.”

“But you could spend less time making another one after it breaks because you already know how to make one.” Leo exclaims. I shoot him a look letting him know that it wasn’t the right thing to say.

“Sorry, don’t mind him. He might say smart ass things like that, but he doesn’t mean it like that. He’s really just that stupid.” I look back smiling at the girl.

“Hey!” Leo whines, but I just ignore it. The girl stands up, dusting off her apron. She does in the most ignorant way I’ve ever seen.

“Well let’s get this over with.” We both look at her with confused looks. She rolls her eyes at us, which starts to piss me off. “We’re supposed to battle here. I have to try my best to keep you from proceeding up.” I grin at her, causing some of her confidence disappear. “What you think I can’t do it?” I stand up and put my hands on my hips.

“Oh I know you can’t do it, because if you haven’t noticed, out friends have already made their way through the door and up to the next level.” I jab my thumb in the direction of the door. Her eyes flash from me to the door and back.