Chap. 14: Jayias

All the guys have been surviving the past days pretty well. We found water easily when needed, and for food Dan convinces injured animals to help us survive, which is one of the bonuses of having a mind freak with you. 

“Dudes, I am so tired.” Axel says, I turn around and find that he’s half bent over from exhaustion. I laugh a little. “It’s not funny! I’m not fit like you, I might be half-wolf but doesn’t mean I’m buff.” He stands straight and flews to show off his ‘muscles’.

“At least you’re toned. I’m a freaking wimp.” Leo chimes in. He flexes as well. I just laugh at them and continue walking. Those two are pretty much the entertainment of this travel. Dan doesn’t talk much, unless it’s in your mind, and Seth . . . well, no one really likes Seth and he lags behind us all the time.

“So do you think we’ll ever find Skylar? I mean this forest goes on FOREVER!” Leo stretches his arms out to emphasize the size.

“I hope we find her.” Axel mumbles. I think that was just a thought said out loud, and we all heard it. 

“Cause lover boy has got to get some sugar, huh?” Leo nudges him with his elbow teasing him. I can hear growling, and it’s obvious right away who it is.

“Shut up guys.” I whisper to them. “You’re not the only one who likes her.” I jab my thumb in Seth’s direction. Both of them look back with fear in their eyes, but Seth just turns and looks the other way. I can tell he’s mad, although we all know he has no chance with her. I kind of felt bead for him, but I also get an evil vibe from him, like he’s not all good. He seems to like her though, but she seems to have no interest in him at all.

“So where are we heading exactly?” Seth speaks up.

“I honestly don’t know. I mean we went without even thinking of a way to communicate with the others.” I stop, and plop down on the ground. 

“I hope everyone’s OK.” Axel exhales as he drops down next to me. “Especially you know who.”

“Yeah I know how you feel. I feel the same about Meela.” Leo comes over and stands above us. He looks disappointed which confuses us.

“It’s not like I don’t worry about Kiera, but I keep strong and think positive.” He places a hand on both of our heads. “I transfer my positivity to you both.” Axel and I both just chuckle at him, but it did make us cheer up.

“Jayias.” I look over, my smile fades. It’s Seth. “I have something to talk to you about.” He turns and walks deeper into the woods.

“Man I should’ve given my strength too.” Leo says.

“Not that you have any.” I say as I stand up and walk over to where Seth is. I am honestly a tad scared to meet with him alone, he’s a violent guy. No one knows what he has in mind. When I finally reach him, his cloak is off. This is the first time I’ve ever seen him without it on.

He turns and I see him for the first time. He looks like a young teenager, with shaggy black hair, white streaks, toned, and tall. 

“I’m not exactly who you think I am. You may not believe me at first, but I am the President of the Haldrin project. I am the one who granted you your powers.” He’s right I don’t believe him.

“I want proof that you are, and even if you are why would you be telling me?” We stare at each other in the clearing, sizing each other up.

“Jayias Sennet, Shape shifter. Born September 23rd, 2009, obtained September 23rd, 2010. You are now eighteen. Natural black hair, aquamarine eyes, five feet seven inches.” He takes a breath before he continues. “I am telling you this because there has been a group of Haldrins who have the power to overrun and possibly end the Haldrin experiment, and they recently escaped.” I know he’s talking about all of us, but why did he help us escape? “We had decided, right when the first two escaped, they would be the first two eliminated. Those two were you and Meela.” My breathing stops.