Chap. 21: Skylar

I wake up curled up on a cold stone floor. More like trapped to it, my hands and feet both have shackles on them. My wings are spread out behind me, but they’re now staked to the stone, a metal cross going right through them keeping them down. I look at the floor and it seems like there’s some kind of symbol carved into it.

“How are you my dear angel?” Akaito walks in just when I realize what this circle is. 

The symbol for the devil. It’s a giant seven point star inside a heptagon, with a small five point star inside that which is all in a giant circle. I was never told what they stood for, or what the ancient scribing on it meant. Why was I on it?

“What are you doing to me?” My voice barely comes out. He bends over and me.

“Oh, just a little experiment. Don’t worry about it.” He caresses my face with his hand. “I never really noticed how pretty your makeover has made you, so I think I’m going to keep it, but this wing color must go. We should try something . . . darker.” He backs away off the circle and leans against the wall.

“What are you talking about?” I say feeling weaker and weaker. The symbol that I lay on starts to give off a violet glow. A sharp pain fills my whole body.

“Don’t worry you’ll soon forget everything. Once again, but this time we’re not going to be as nice about it.” I try to keep my screams inside. I don’t want to give him the satisfaction. My mind becomes blurry, and soon I start to forget.

Who I am, where I am, and even what I am. All this slips from my mind, all I can think of is the pain I’m experiencing. I have no clue what’s happening to me, and no clue how to explain it. I finally scream. I can’t take it anymore. The pain gets worse with every passing second, and Akaito seems enthused by it. My screams fill the air, but that’s not all that I hear. I hear a voice. It seems familiar but I can’t match it with a face, but I can hear it clearly.

“Honey, you have to fight it. Don’t let them over power you. You cannot let them take control. You are destined to give your life saving the world not destroying it. You need to fulfill this destiny.” I don’t understand, but it comes back to me.

It’s my mother. She’s telling me I’m going to save the world, and that I’m going to die trying. Well that sure brightens things. I have to do as she says though. I do want to save the world. I want to keep everyone safe, but I’m not in the condition to do that, but I have to try my best. I can’t let them take control over me, not entirely anyway. I start to remember things again, but the pain presses on.

“I won’t give in!” All I can say is that, and then everything fades from sight. All I see is darkness.