Chap. 26: Skylar

As I walk beside Akaito in this park, I wonder if he realizes he hasn’t total control over me. I hate it when he had control over me, it only lasted for a few hours though. I felt like a brainless monster that only knew how to destroy things. I didn’t like hurting things and pretending to do things like he did have control over me.

The thing I regret the most so far, it wasn’t working when I shot Kadaj. I came out my trance right before it, as he said my name. He wanted to believe I wouldn’t do it, and so did I. I had to do it though, or else Akaito would know. I had to lie to him, and that hurt me too.

“What are you thinking about, my pet?” His voice is so deep, every time he speaks I shudder.

“Only of where our next destination is and our goal there.” This seems to please him. “Master.” I add that at the end to please him more. He expects me to call him that now. I hate it so much though. I don’t think of him in that way at all. 

“Our next stop is Seiyo Music Academy, it seems out targets have moved there for the time being. After we get rid of these two targets the rest should stay out of the way, and then we plan on using you and the rest of the Haldrins we control to take over Asia and Europe, and continue from there.”

Too bad I won’t let you get that far. I think to myself. He keeps going on and on about how they are going to take over the world. I don’t think he realizes how impossible that can be, especially with the armies they have over there. As he talks about it though, he talks so boringly. Like he doesn’t even want to do it. As he speaks, he mainly covers on how it’s the President’s wish to do this. He never even mentions his own opinion. 

“There is problem we have encountered though. This academy, it’s boys only, so you have to wear a disguise.” So I have to wear a wig, guys clothes and do something about my figure. This ought to be fun. At least I get to see Axel and Kadaj, I’m surprised they made it this far. I wonder how Kadaj’s wound is doing.

“That should be no problem, Master.” He stops me and pulls some clothes out of a bag, and hands them to me. On top of them is a caramel wig, and a really long bandage thing.

“You should wrap that around your chest, you’re not that big, so it should work just fine.” He talks about it so awkwardly and blushes as he says it. I want to laugh or at least smile, but I don’t, just in case. I nod my head and walk over behind a tree, where I’m hidden from sight, not that there’s anyone else here beside Akaito, and he’s getting changed on the other side of the road.

It doesn’t take me long to get dressed, and he was right the bandage did work. I pull my hair up, and pull the wig over it. Just as I do, I hear Akaito calling me.

“Done yet? There’s a fountain over here if you want to see what you look like.” I walk out from behind the tree and see Akaito standing there. His deep brown hair now lies just below his ears. He cut off all his hair. How I’m not really sure, but it made him look more like a guy. He fixes his tie, and clears his throat. “Look good?”

“Yes Master, you look quite amazing.” I can almost see his face turn red, as if he’s blushing from the complement. It gets me thinking. He’s actually a really good looking guy, and he is really nice when he wants to be. I know it’s not good that I’m starting to become friends with the enemy, but it might help later on if I do. I don’t have any feeling for him though, maybe he would be good for one of the girls back home with no one. Someone like Jasmine maybe.

“Thank you. You actually look like a guy yourself.” He moves aside so I can make my way to the fountain and look at my reflection. 

I do look like a guy. My wig is the same style Akaito’s is now, but a lighter color, and it looks amazing surrounding my aquamarine eyes. My figure makes me look like I’m extremely scrawny, but it works. I think I’ll fit in.