Chap. 35: Alice

Right now I’m all pumped like the rest of the group. Something is bothering me though. It’s Lync, he has the exact same brain waves as Skylar. I know they’re twins and all, but they shouldn’t have the same brain waves. Once we start moving I grab his arm and pull him to the back of the group. At first it freaks him out, but then he stops fighting. 

“Who are you really?” I ask, staring right into his eyes. They look just like Skylar’s. Exactly the same. He gives me a look like I’m crazy. “You can’t fool me, I can sense your brain waves and you’re not who you say you are. Dan knows the same.” We both look forward and see Dan looking back at us. He quickly looks forward. Lync laughs.

“I knew I couldn’t keep it from you guys.” He reaches up to his hair. He fits his hand underneath it, which is confusing for a moment, until he pulls out a strand of hair. I start jumping with excitement without noticing and attack her.

“I can’t believe it!” I shout as I hug her.

“Uh, Alice. You should keep your excitement to yourself, you’re attracting attention.” I back off of her and find that everyone is staring at us. Skylar waves awkwardly at them.

“I just told her that we’re probably close and that we can beat him this time. I know it because I can see into the future.” I nod my head vigorously to make sure that they believe it.

“When did you find out you can?” Axel asks.

“Just now actually, I just saw a vision of him falling to his knees defeated. Only two people were there though, not all of us were. So only two of us will defeat him, the others were on different floors of a tower battling against others. I couldn’t see who exactly they were though.”

“Well at least we know we’ll be victorious.” Akaito says. “Let’s keep moving, maybe we can reach our goal sooner.” Everyone agrees and keep moving forward. Skylar lets out a sigh of relief.

“Sorry about that. I didn’t mean to have to make you lie.” I say, as I as we start to walk again. She chuckles, and looks at me.

“It wasn’t a complete lie. I can’t see into the future, but I know it’s going to end that way. A voice in my head told me.” She smiles. I don’t really understand, but I know she’s not crazy. That’s for sure. If she says something like this, there has to be a really good reason. Maybe a voice really did tell her. I just wish I could be as amazing as her, and have the strength and power she does.

“I’m assuming you found out our little secret.” Akaito pops up on the other side of me. I look at him confused.

“What do you mean you little secret?” I look back forth between the both of them.

“Up until now only I knew about his secret. I was the one who made him do it, but now we just have to trust you with it too. We will eventually tell everyone, but right now isn’t really the right time. Right Lync?” Skylar nods.

“Well OK, I won’t tell anyone. Promise me though you’ll tell them today, the sooner the better.” They both look at each other.

“We promise that all of them will know by the end of today.” Skylar says.

“I guess that’s good enough.” I say. “Anyway, let’s live up to Lync’s vision and best some Presidential ass!” I start to run, passing everyone.

“Wait up!” Someone shouts, but I look back and they’re all running behind me. I laugh and turn around running even faster. 

I look up at the sky and the sun is just rising. I guess we’ve been up all night, but it doesn’t feel like it. I keep running and laughing with everyone behind me. Skylar catches up though, and we run side by side.

I can’t wait to be happy like this forever after we bring down the President.