Chap. 27: Kadaj

I am so confused right now. All I know is that I was practicing, and then heard someone in the closet, they told me not to open the door, and Axel burst in here, with Akaito right behind him throwing daggers at us. Just as he’s about plant one in my heart, the person from the closet jumps out and protects me, putting a dagger in his shoulder in the process. After that, he says he’s saving his friend, although I have no clue who he is. He seems to have some kind of connection with Akaito though.

“Wait, who are you?” I say still stunned. I pull the corner of my shirt off the piano, and start to back up. 

“That’s not important right now, just run while you can.” The guy says. I won’t run though, I won’t leave him behind after he saved me. Akaito seems really pissed too, he even hurls another dagger in the guy’s direction. Before it can hit in the stomach I pick him up, making it hit his thigh instead.

“Sorry, but I’m not leaving you.” I say as I pick him up, he’s a lot lighter than I thought he would be.

“Before you leave, I have news for my friend here.” He looks the guy right in the eye. “I didn’t take total control over you like I said I would, I made it so I could take control over you for a few hours. I was nice and let you free, I knew you weren’t faithful, yet I was still hoping you wouldn’t leave me. I don’t want to do this either, but I have no choice.” He pauses, looking down. “The president is my father. I have no choice other than to do this, and I just wanted someone with me, to talk to. I guess I can’t even keep a hold of that.” I can see tears start to form in his eyes, he won’t let them fall though, and he’s too embarrassed.

“Akai-” Akaito cuts him off.

“Just keep in mind I was nice and let you free! Now just leave! I don’t need you!” He throws a dagger at us, missing on purpose. With that I move to the window, I don’t look back, but I know the guy in my arms does. I jump down with him in my arms, hearing him cry in mental and physical pain. 

Axel stands there staring at us. Probably wondering where this guy came from.

“He jumped out of a closet and saved me.”

“Mmhmm.” I know, he thinks I’m crazy. “Anyway, we need to wait till he heals. By the way, is he a you know what?” I know what he means.

“I assume so since he was working with Akaito, but then again Akaito wasn’t using his power around him.”

“I’m right here you know.” He says from my arms. I look down at him, and he stares up at me with amazing aquamarine eyes. They’re mesmerizing, they remind me of Skylar’s. “Are you staring at me for a reason?”

“No, it’s just that it’s a bit odd that a guy I don’t even know protects me with his own life.” He shrugs.

“It’s my duty to protect everyone.” I sit him down so he leans against the brick building. “He just took control over me for a few hours like he said, and then I just stayed with him because I didn’t know if he knew he didn’t have control. I am a Haldrin by the way.” He looks over at Axel with a scowl.

“Sorry I wasn’t sure. Let’s get to our dorm though that they lent us, we need to take care of this guy before he bleeds to death.” He walks over and picks him up this time. “You really need to eat more if you want to feel like a guy when people pick you up.” He starts walking away.

“It’s not like I planned to have guys pick me up in the first place!” He shouts back at him. Axel laughs at him. I look back up to the broken window. I wonder if Akaito is gone, I wonder if he’ll be OK. I mean we took the only person he had left to talk to. I feel a little sorry for him. Especially having to have his dad order him around like this.

I guess I can’t worry about that now, I mean I have a dying guy to take care of. I run to catch up with Axel and the other guy. I guess I can say this is the beginning of another journey, with a new friend.