Chap. 18: Kei

Everyone had a great morning, as far as I can tell. Everyone is going out to Fostoria’s for a new makeover even. I have to stay behind, once again, to watch the house. Kiara and Hikaru have to get fed and washed anyway. I get to go later at least.

“Why does everyone have to get a makeover?” I asked this question earlier today. Everyone looked at me, not knowing the answer. Fostoria was the only one with a confident smile.

“Simply just for the fun of it.” This made no sense to me, and I don’t like the thought of getting my curls chopped off. After I get changed, brush my hair and all, I walk outside to the small worn out shed that use to hold all the gardening tools. Instead inside, now you will find two demonic creatures to greet you. I walk in, my hands full of meat for them. In the corner these’s a giant pile of black and white fur. I guess they slept near each other for warmth, last night was harsh. I place the meat on the ground. Cold nights are not usual for a normal spring day here.

Here, in what we use to call Florida, is now a whole area for the government’s project, Jushi Region. We live on an island right by it known as Fyore Region. The town we live in is called Butlerville. It never use to exist from what I know, but it was created just for those who were given little time to evacuate from the Jushi Region. Those who weren’t gone in time were either slaughtered or used for the experiment. We were lucky enough to make it out, Kadaj and I. My parents weren’t as lucky. I’ve always wondered if the same thing happened to Skylar’s parents. Whenever I asked about them, I just got a stern look. Nothing more. Whenever I asked about her past, I was always told not to worry about it.

“Why hello my dear brother.” I turn around and find Akaito leaning against the door frame. His extremely long caramel hair, too long for a guy in my opinion, is pulled back. It still reaches the ground, now I’m kind of looking forward to get my hair cut so I don’t look like this freak. His eyes look like they’re literally glowing in the semi-darkness.

“I’m not your brother, nor am I related to you in anyway.” He makes his way towards me. I back up and trip over the meat. I look behind me to see if I woke the other two, but they aren’t there. When I look back to Akaito we’re in a totally different room. We’re surrounded by nothing but white. It seems that I’m floating. I almost freak out, but then I remember something. He bends so his face is right in front of mine. He smiles and his amazingly white teeth showing. 

“You’re surprisingly calm.” He says. I cringe. He always gets close to people like this. He’s just a creep.

“I know this is all just an illusion. I’m smarter than you think I am.” I smile back, which seems to irritate him. I’ve always found enjoyment out of making him mad. 

“So you are. I have a favor to ask of you then. I haven’t much time, so here it is.” He leans closer to my ear. I close my eyes for I don’t wish to see his face anymore. “I wish for you to meet me in the alley next to the Garden. There I will state my real question, but if you do not show up then the closet ones to you will suffer.” 

I open my eyes in shock, but when I do, I’m back in the shed. I look around. Everything is just as it was, but Akaito disappeared. I guess he was an illusion himself as well. I sit there thinking about what he told me. I have to figure out a way how to get to the alley without anyone being suspicious.

Just as I get in from washing the Ralfrins, everyone else starts to walk in the front door. I stood from a distance and watched them walk in. They all looked so different. For instance, Kiera was now a brunet but she still had her blue streaks though. Leo, he was now blond, as well as Alice. Dan now had a subtle caramel color. I guess he wasn’t up for a dramatic change like the others. Axel has the same hair color, just a lot shorter than what it used to be. Jasmine walks in with her newly cut deep purple hair. I was shocked at first, her hair use to be so long and now it’s just above her shoulders. The last person to walk in is the most shocking. Max.