Chap. 15: Kadaj

I jsut finished the last chapter of this last night, and only one person has read it so far and she said it was good. So I can't wait to get it all on here so you guys can tell mw what you think. I hopw it's good so far. I've worked hard on this since 2009 lol. Enjoy!

The snow is now melted, so it will be easier for me to dig their resting place. Axel and Leo help me, although they can’t see very well with the tears blurring their eye sight. I would cry, but when you’ve been through as much as me, you learn that it could be worse.

We finally finish the grave. It took forever considering we had to use sticks. We gently put both of their bodies into one big hole. We think they would be happier this way. We say some prayers as we fill the hole with leaves. As they finish filling it I wander off to find something to mark it. I end up finding a rock big enough to crave their names into. I back away as I look at the sloppy carvings. Meela Nuuley January 20th, 2009 - Late winter 2042 & Jayias Sennet September 23rd, 2009 - Late Winter 2042: They were both loved a lot by many, and will never be forgotten. 

“I hope they didn’t get to Skylar yet.” I turn to find Alice standing there, her eyes all red and puffy.

“Where’s everyone else?” I ask.

“They’re just over there trying to set up a camp.” I can tell she’s cold because she keeps rubbing her arms.

“Go. Get warm, I’ll be there in a few minutes.” She nods and heads off. I turn back to the grave. I can’t help but to feel this is all my fault. I was the one who was sent out to do this in the first place, but once I actually met them, I couldn’t help but to join them. I can only imagine what the President has in mind for me.

“We’ll make sure he doesn’t hurt you.” I hear from behind me.

“Or at least try.” Says another voice. I know these voices but they didn’t belong to anyone I’ve seen recently.

I turn around to find Jasmine standing there. There’s a girl behind her hiding in the shadows. No, she’s not hiding in them, she’s controlling them, so they’re surrounding her.

“What are you two doing here?” I say with an edge in my voice. Jasmine really gets on my nerves, so this isn’t a good time to have her running into me. 

“I came to make sure you were OK.” She says. “I had to make sure you weren’t hurt in anyway.”

“And I had to come out to keep an eye on her.” The girl overpowering the shadows comes into view. I remember her now. Moxie. I know both of these girls from the government building.

Jasmine Vincent, is the crazy one who is oddly obsessed with me. She controls fire, a dangerous power, but she learned from the best how to control it. I was her teacher, and that’s where this whole obsession thing started. She was so thankful to me for finally showing her how to control her powers, and it turned into falling in love with me. She’s fifteen, I’m eighteen, and I already love someone else.

Moxie Zax is the other girl. We all call her Max though, combining the M from her first name and the last two letters of her last name. It was either Zax or Mox, and then we decided to put them together to create Max. 

Her short sandy blond, curly locks are quite similar to Kei’s. She looked just like a blond version of him, except for the eye color. She’s only about four feet tall. She’s really short compared to me. I’m six feet four inches tall. She looks right into my eyes with her yellow topaz orbs. She’s always so strict, like she runs the world. Thing is, she’s only eleven.

“I hear Prez didn’t have full confidence in you, so he grouped with the Haltrees just to make sure things went as planned.” She always got on my nerves this way. “Oh, and just so you know, Haltrees is the new term the Gov came up with for the escapees. And you’re one of them now.” She says as she climbs a rock to get as close to my face as she could. I look down just to make sure it wasn’t Meela and Jayias’s headstone, and thank goodness it wasn’t because she would’ve been on the ground right about now.