Chap. 34: Kiera

We spent the whole day traveling today. I am so exhausted right now, I’m so sick of tracking people down. They need to come find us for a change.

I look up at the sky and it’s starting to get dark once again. I sigh out of anger and frustration. There goes another day of useless walking around in circles.

“Don’t worry we’ll find them soon enough, you just have to be patient.” Leo says as he puts his arm around me. I relax a little bit and smile at him.

“I guess.” He’s been doing nothing but trying to keep everyone’s spirits up. He’s one of the happiest people I’ve known. He tries to forget that the world is just useless and makes everything seem so positive. That’s only one reason I love him though.

“They’re close. I can sense their brain waves.” Dan says. We all look over at him waiting for him to give us a direction. “They’re heading right for us. If we just stay here then we’ll have a better chance to run into them.” We all stop walking and stand still. Soon we hear voices, I can only make out two of them. Kadaj and Axel, there’s two other people. I want to hope that one of the other two are Skylar, one of them even sounds something like her, but I know it’s not possible.

“So we all understand?” Is the last thing Kadaj says before they realize they’ve found us. We all stand there in shock staring at them. With them is two other guys, Akaito being one of them.

“What is he doing with you guys and who is the other one with you?” Dan demands. They all look at each other with smiles on their faces. Then they all look back to us, we weren’t too thrilled about this either. It seems as if they have an inside joke or something.

“Well we went onto a campus we weren’t supposed to so we were forced to compete in a contest. While we were practicing for the contest, we ran into Akaito and this guy, Lync. Lync was working for Akaito, but while Akaito was trying to kill me, Lync saved me with his own body, and he’s even still injured even though he may not seem like it. We took in Lync and keep him as like a little pet for a few days. Then the day of the contest, today, after we found out we won Lync went sprinting into the court yard. I ran after him, and that’s where we all made an agreement. Akaito and Lync would join our team and help us over rule Christopher.” After Kadaj is done explaining, Alice walks closer to Lync, observing his face and everything.

“You look a lot like Skylar, even if you are a guy.” Lync just stands there looking at her. He looks a little scared, and it’s probably not the right way to introduce yourself.

“He’s her twin brother. That’s why he looks like her so much, they’re both natural Haldrins and they were both used to create the others. They were separated before they were taken in though. He’s going to help us find his sister though.” Alice backs off but she stills keeps her eyes on him.

“Well let’s get going, I know exactly where the Pres is.” Akaito says.

“How do you know where he is?” I ask. I mean if you think of it, it’s pretty much impossible to track him down. He must be moving from place to place just to be sure of his safety. Akaito lifts up a device that has one blinking dot on it.

“He’s a Haldrin is he not? He’s also my father, I understand him better than anyone else.” He looks down at the screen. “Well it says he’s in this direction. Who’s ready to kick some ass?”

“Let’s do this!” Leo shouts as he thrusts his fist into the sir.

“Yeah!” We all say in unison, doing as Leo did. 

For the first time in a long time, I finally feel like we can accomplish something. We’re all here, even some new people, and we’re all ready to face whatever the future holds. I’m so happy I’m able to have such great friends. No, that’s not right.

How did I end up with such an amazing family?