Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Rose

My four-inch wedges clopped against the concrete sidewalk as I walked home.  After hanging out around town with Jazz and Amanda for a bit I had decided to come home; my mood already a little cranky from not having my iced latte.  I didn’t feel like going back into the lineup at FreeState and I knew that they wouldn’t give me a free coffee just because some jerk made me drop it all over the sidewalk.

I stopped at the sound of a short musical tone coming from my purse.  I reached into my purse, taking out my cellphone and swiping my finger across the screen to read the text I had gotten.

From: Peter

“How’s my beautiful Rose? x”

An instant smile spread across my face as I typed my response.

“I’m alright. x”

:/ Just alright?”

“It’s nothing you can’t fix by coming over :)”

“Aw :( well I’m sorry, babe.  I can’t come over right now. I’m helping my dad out with some yard work.”

“Oh…that’s alright.  I understand.  Talk to me after you’re done?”

“Of course, babe. I love you. xxxx”

I smiled as I sent back a quick “I love you too” and set my phone back in my purse as I turned the corner just before my house.

I gasped, feeling a pair of arms wrap around my waist and struggled to turn around, preparing to slap my attacker.

“PETER!”  I scolded once I saw it was him.

He laughed.  “Surprise!”

“That was mean!”  I whined.

“Let me make it all better…”  He hotly whispered as he cupped my face in his hands and tilted my head up to look at him.

My brown eyes searched his in anticipation, watching as a smile formed on his lips.

He leaned in and kissed me gently.  His lips were soft and warm against mine causing my heart to flutter.

His thumbs lingered on my lips, slowly tracing over them as he pulled away.

My hands clutched his sides loosely as I smiled up at him.

“Let’s go inside, shall we?  We can watch a movie…”  Peter’s voice trailed off as he leaned into me, pressing his forehead to mine.  “…and cuddle.”  He bit his lip.

My cheeks flushed as I giggled, giving him a small nod before turning towards my house and tugging him along by the hand.

After a quick hello to my mother, Peter and I rushed upstairs and to my bedroom.  I threw a horror movie into my DVD player and joined Peter under the blankets on my bed, shuffling close to him and resting my head on his shoulder.

One of his arms wrapped around me as I felt him kiss the top of my head.  “A horror movie?  I thought you would have put in a romance movie…you know…to set the mood.”  He lightly chuckled.

I pushed myself up, turning my head to look at him.  “I like horror movies.”  I say with a grin.  “And besides…who needs to set the mood?”

I shifted forward, kissing him softly.  His fingers grazed the back of my neck as they tangled themselves in my hair.  His other hand gripped my side as he moved my body so I was lying flat on my back with my head resting comfortably on my pillow.