Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Songs For This Chapter: Something About The Way You Look Tonight – Elton John; Release Me - Agnes; Alive – One Direction

Rose

“Please be as quiet as you can.”  I whisper to Louis as I slowly and carefully open the front door of my house and step in.

“WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO BE QUIET, ROSE?!”  Louis shouts as he follows behind me.

I turned to glare at him.  Clearly he was shouting on purpose.

“Rose?”  I heard my mother call as we walked in.

“Oh god, my mother.”  I breathe.

I grab Louis, pushing him in front of me and rushing him up the stairs as fast as I could.  I let out a breath of relief once I knew we were out of sight and I heard her call for me again.

“Rose?  Was that you and Peter that just walked in?”

I guide Louis to the door of my bedroom and shout down to her, “Yes, mother.  We really need to get ready so we’ll see you at the party, okay?”

“Alright, dear.”  She replies softly.  “Oh and Rose?”

I let out a frustrated breath.  “Yes, mother?”

“Do make sure you look presentable for this event.  You have clothes in that closet of yours that look like royalty, use them.  And put on some foundation, I’ve noticed you have a few small blemishes.  I want you to look you’re best for tonight, darling.”

I roll my eyes and mutter, “yes, mother.”

Louis is strangely quiet considering his outburst when we walked in.  I open my bedroom door and walk in ahead of Louis.  He shuts the door as he follows me in and I notice him walking around as he scans my room.

“I have to have a quick shower so please just stay put and don’t rummage through my stuff.”

His eyes are still looking around and I’m wondering if he’s heard a word I said.

“Louis, are you listening to me?”

He chuckles softly, still not making eye contact with me.  “Yes, Rose.  I just know that this is easily annoying you, which is entertaining to me.”

I roll my eyes.  “Just don’t touch anything.”

Louis waves me off and continues to look around.  Although I’m afraid to leave him alone in my room, I walk into the bathroom attached to my bedroom, locking the door behind me and start to strip down for my shower.

I stood under the shower head, letting the steamy, hot water rain down on me, gushing over my head which was shielded by a shower cap to protect my freshly straightened hair, and sprinkling down over my body.

My mind wandered to thoughts of Louis, knowing that he was sitting just outside my bathroom door.  I wondered what he was doing.  What he was thinking.

I found myself imagining what it would be like to shower with him.  Behind that stern face he seems to wear a lot, especially today when I went to see him, I know there’s a playful part of him.  I’ve gotten a glimpse of it a few times.  He’s so mischievous, so carefree.

I closed my eyes as I rubbed lotion into my skin.

“Louis…”  I quietly moaned, getting lost in the fantasy created by my mind.

His hands lightly squeezed my arms as he placed a gentle kiss to the back of my neck.

I hummed in approval.