Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Songs For This Chapter: Fallen – Sarah McLachlan; Maneater – Nelly Furtado

Rose

My eyes slowly fluttered open, my hands reached out to grip the thin sheet that covered my body.  Why was there only a thin sheet on my bed?  I always had more than just a thin sheet because of how easily cold I got during the night.

“Hey, you’re awake.”

I turned my head at the sound of the soft voice.  My eyes were met with Peter’s chocolate brown ones.  His blond hair was slightly dishevelled as he smiled down at me.  He was propped up on his elbow and his free hand casted a shadow over my eyes as he brushed some of my hair away from my face.

“How do you feel?”  He asked.

“A little tired.”  I said, softly chuckling.

“Yeah, you were pretty restless last night.  Does your head hurt at all?  Do you want some water?”

I shook my head slowly.  “My head’s fine and I’m not really thirsty at the moment.”  I pause before quickly adding, “Thank you though.”

Peter smiles and cups my cheek in his hand, gently running his thumb along my cheek.  “You know I’d do anything for you.  I want nothing more than to keep you safe and happy.”

I merely smiled at him and then shifted my eyes to look around the room.  The walls weren’t the usual light purple colour that I had, the bedside tables were different, the only window was a tall window close to the corner which the maroon/dark red blinds were drawn, not allowing much light in the room…this wasn’t my room.

“You brought me to your house?”  I ask curiously, turning my head back to him.

“Yeah.  I called your parents and told them you had passed out on me and that I wanted to let you stay here.  They were hesitant but you were already asleep so they agreed.”

Hmm…maybe my parents were starting to bend a tiny, tiny, little bit.

Peter cleared his throat before looking back at me.  “Do you remember what happened last night?”

I thought for a moment.  The memories flooding the front of my mind.

“Rose, did you cheat on me?” 

“No.  I…I would never do that…to you…Peter.”

I shook my head.  “It’s mostly fuzzy.”  I lied, forcing a small laugh.

“You don’t have to lie…I’m not saying you are…I just…if you did remember, I wanted to tell you, I’m sorry for not believing you and for thinking that you would cheat on me.  I should always believe my girlfriend over anyone else when it comes to our relationship.”

I wish he would stop doing this.  He wasn’t doing anything wrong and that was the problem.  He was too damn sweet to me and all I’ve seemed to do lately is lie and cheat.

“Peter-”

His lips hastily pressed to mine, silencing me.  My eyes closed as my hands came up to tangle in his hair.  I knew I loved Peter, but I loved Louis too.  That made me feel even more stupid considering I barely knew Louis, even worse the fact that I knew I loved Louis more than Peter.

But Louis didn’t want me, he only wanted my body.  Peter wanted me.  I had to make this work.  I had to forget about Louis.

Fat chance when you’re thinking about him while kissing Peter, you minx.  My subconscious taunted.