Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Song Theme For This Chapter: In My Head – Jason Derulo

Rose

I had slowed down once I got far enough away from the warehouse, I shouldn’t be running with these heels but I just wanted to get away from there as fast as I could.

I could see the sidewalk not too far from where I was, noting that it was the path for me to take back home.

I sat down in front of a tree, leaning my back on it as my brushed my fingers over my lips.  Images of kissing Louis flashed through my mind causing tears to form in my eyes.

I buried my face in my hands and sobbed.  How could I do this to Peter?  I couldn’t figure out what was worse, the fact that I kissed someone else or the fact that I…I liked it.

Should I tell Peter?  It would break his heart and even if he wanted to stay with me after knowing what I did, he’d probably always worry about losing me to someone else.  Not that I deserved him now…he was so perfect how could I do this to him?

“Rose?”

My head shot up as I heard that soft, familiar voice.

“Peter...”

He rushed over to me with a worried expression.  “Rose, you’re crying.  What happened?  Where were you?”

He held me by the elbows as he helped me stand.  I tried to wipe the remaining tears from my eyes and blink back the fresh tears that started to form in their place.

“It’s nothing.  I’m fine.”  I mumbled.

“Baby, come on.  Talk to me.”  He encouraged.  I could see it in his eyes how worried he was for me.  Peter was always so considerate.

“I don’t deserve you.”  I said as I started to cry again.

His eyebrows furrowed.  “What?  Rose, why are you talking like this?  I’m the one who doesn’t deserve you.”

I shook my head.  “No…I mean it I really don’t deserve you, Peter.  You’re perfect and I’m not good enough for you at all…you deserve better, Peter.  I’m stupid and ungrateful and an idiot and-”

I broke off as Peter wrapped his arms around me tightly and kissed the side of my neck.

“Don’t talk like that, baby.  You’re more than perfect…you’re so perfect that I can’t put it into words.”

I rested my hands on his shoulders as I sobbed quietly into his chest.  He had no idea.  I couldn’t even imagine his face if he knew what I had done.

“Let’s take you home, baby.”

“Okay.”  I muttered.

Peter wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into him as he walked me home.  Peter always had a way of making me feel better but the guilt I felt wasn’t going away.  I tried to convince myself that it was just a kiss and it didn’t mean anything and I would never do it again but it doesn’t change the fact that I did it.

***

“Rose!  Where have you been?!  You were supposed to be home a half hour ago to clean the house for tomorrow!”

“Hello to you too, Mother.”  I irritably mumbled.

She raised her eyebrows at me as she shuffled over to Peter and I.  “Don’t give me that attitude, young lady!”  She turned her attention to Peter, her face suddenly lighting up.  “Hello, Peter.  Thank you for bringing my daughter home.”