sixteen.

(A/N: Quick update, my headaches have come back but they aren't as painful. My MRI happened and my mother is planning on contacting them for the results on Monday. My friends are worried sick for me at the moment, so I'm hoping the scan is nothing too serious.)

When they save you.

- -

Lance

-

Keith and Lance were following the coordinates they were given to find you. You were being held in a cell, lying there unconscious. When Keith and Lance arrived to your location, they struggled with beating up the Galra soldiers that guarded the cell and getting into it.

Once the guards were down and the cell door was busted in, Lance and Keith rushed in.

"[Y/N]!" Lance exclaimed. You woke up, gradually rising yourself up. Lance and Keith froze in place as they saw your appearance. Your once [s/c] skin had been replaced with soft purple fur, and your once [e/c] orbs had been turned into plain yellow. You kept your original [body type] figure, and also you had big, adorable fluffy purple ears on top.

You were a Galra, an enemy. Lance was blank and silent, he didn't know what to say. Keith on the other hand brushed it off and approached you. When he got close you scooted back slightly in fear. Keith looked down at your figure and noticed the different cuts and scratches that covered your body. Some to look like future scars.

"[Y/N], it's me, Keith, your brother. You don't need to be scared." His voice was soft as he offered a hand to help you up. You swallowed back before accepting his hand. You were expecting neglect, since they had turned you into the enemy. You didn't even know if you could go back to your normal human self.

Keith pulled you up to your feet and led you out of the cell. Your eyes met with Lance's and you immediately looked away. You felt shameful, you didn't want to look into those disappointed scared eyes.

You had then felt a hand meet yours and embracing it. It was a hand you were familiar with. This time when you glanced up at Lance you didn't look, well you couldn't since he had pulled you into a hug.

You immediately hugged him back on instinct. You stayed like that for a good ten seconds before Lance pulled back slightly to look at you. Your ears went down and a blush formed on his face. He didn't have a face of disgust, it was more like admiration. You didn't know what was going through that boy's head in general but it sent shivers down your spine.

"Guys, you can finish you reunitement on the ship. We've got to go." Keith informed. You two nodded at Keith before making your way off the Galra ship.

"They're getting away with the prisoner!" A voice shouted out as you guys ran for your lives. You were getting shot at repeatedly since you guys had been caught obtaining your gear.

You ducked as a bullet shot over your head. Adrenaline was going through you, lots of it. You barely looked back to see the soldiers ganging up on you guys. You smirked as an idea came into your head.

You swiftly pulled out your katanas and turned around, swinging just at the right moment to decapitate the Galras' head. You then turned around once more to make another run for it.

Thankfully you were able to return to the ship you were accepted on. But when you met up with the others, you were slightly scared.

"[Y/N], is that you?" Allura asked you. You hesitantly nodded.

"So, this is the real [Y/N]..." You heard someone mutter. You looked around at your friends. You knew they would react in a positive way. Well, at least you hoped they would.