CHAPTER O N E

oh, this love will kill me but I don't think I'd mind

R I O T

"Hey guys it's Lily and Imani here and we have a huge announcement to make!" I grinned into the camera, half thinking that my younger sister would then take over. "Do you wanna tell them?" I questioned though the look on her face told me other wise.

Imani shook her head quickly, looking suddenly nervous. "I don't think I'll be able to." She said followed by a laugh. I went back to looking at the camera with a smile. "We're moving to London!" I yelled with excitement. "Oh sorry headphone users." I added quickly. "We've already started packing and we leave in about four weeks, we're really excited and we can't thank you guys enough for all these amazing opportunities we're able to do. Videos are going to be a bit slow but it's just until we get settled."

We did our outro and Imani went straight into editing out a few pieces that didn't quite fit. "I'm honestly so excited for this." I said while walking towards the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. "Imagine in four weeks time we'll be in London in our new apartment." I looked at Imani and took a sip of my water. "You mean flat." She said with a smug look on her face.

"Bloody hell."

» » »

FOUR WEEKS L A T E R

"Hey mom, we just landed." I said into the phone, letting out a yawn as Imani was in the process of trying to get ahold of Callux. "Yeah it's around two pm over here, we're waiting for our friend and then we'll be at the apartment." I told her, feeling the effects of the flight. "He's running late." Imani said to me as I hung up my phone. "To be expected." I said with a small sigh. Imani and I had met Lux on one of his trips to Los Angeles at some random party. We had also met JJ also known as KSI on one occasion so when he found out we were coming to London they both reached out to help us.

"Imani! Lily!" I heard his voice ring out, looking around a bit embarrassed I glanced in the direction of Lux waving his arms around like an idiot. "Sorry guys, I got held up, London traffic you know." Callux said with a grin. We both looked at him with smiles and I shook my head. "You're lucky I'm too tired to complain." I teased. I looked behind him to see JJ, who had sunglasses over his eyes. "Finally you both are here. We have so many video ideas to get through." JJ said as he wrapped both his arms around Imani and I. "Let me unpack first." Imani protested, rolling her eyes playfully. The boys just laughed and helped us with our luggage, Callux immediately talking about all the stops he had to show us and all the bars we had to visit.

Callux did the honors of driving us to our new apartment where Imani and I made a mental checklist to finish our furniture shopping later this week. Both JJ and Callux along with some of their friends had done us a favor by putting the big pieces of furniture we ordered in the house. "Just a few more pieces and you'll be ready to throw a huge housewarming party." JJ said, his voice echoing throughout the room. "Hell no. There will absolutely be no parties in my house, especially with you guys." Imani said as she shook her head, taking her suitcases to her room. "Fine no party but remember you did promise us you'd be at the football pitch tomorrow." JJ commented, his finger pointed in my direction. "We'll be there don't worry. Thanks for helping out with everything by the way." I wrapped my arms around him and then Callux in hugs before seeing them out.

Unpacking was actually therapeutic for me and I couldn't wait to get the rest of our boxes delivered. We had set up pretty much everything we could at the moment, the most important being the WIFI.

Our first night in our new house, Imani and I decided to order Indian food for dinner and watch Netflix, and everything just started falling into place.

» » »

Imani and I were actually almost late to filming. Neither of us had a very good sense of direction, Imani was a bit worse than I was, so getting to the field took longer than we both anticipated. I didn't even have enough time to mentally prepare myself. I was always anxious meeting new people and this was one of those times. I knew JJ fairly well but those were from conversations we both had on Twitter, I didn't know the rest of the Sidemen or how they filmed videos either. There had been plenty of cases I had experienced throughout my short time on YouTube that some people were just fake.

We made it with just a few minutes to spare, seeing JJ first. He waved us over after fixing his white bandana. "Well it took you long enough." JJ said with a roll of his eyes, laughing to hint to us he was just simply joking. "Oh cry me a river. It's hard getting around this city!" Imani explained defensively. "You'll get used to it in no time." A voice could be heard coming behind us. "You guys must be Lily and Imani, nice to meet you I'm Vik." He stuck his hand out for me to shake and I smiled at how sweet he was. "Nice to meet you too." I replied, turning to see the rest of the members walking over. "Ah the famous Imani, JJ told us no parties at your place." One of them said. "Oh he did, did he?" Imani asked, glaring in JJ's direction. "I'm Josh by the way. I've seen some of your videos, you both are pretty funny." He said to me. "Thanks, I like to think we're pretty and funny too." I said jokingly.

The rest of the boys introduced themselves politely and I knew it was only a matter of time before we all became friends.

This rang true towards the end of filming. I was not the most athletic person out there so why I agreed to do a football video was beyond me.

The boys laughed their asses off while Imani and I struggled just to keep up but at the end it turned out to be a fun video for the Sidemen that they were sure would gain a lot of views. Wrapping things up, I stood off to the side with Imani, discussing what we would have for dinner now that we had exhausted ourselves to the point of hunger. I bent down to tie my shoelace when a pair of feet stood in front of me, much too large to be my sister's. Looking up I saw Simon Minter looking back down at me. "The boys and I are going to get some food if you two wanna come." I stood up to register for a moment what he had said before glancing at Imani who smiled. "Yeah sure that sounds nice, we don't have a ride though." I said as I crossed my arms.

"No worries, you can ride with me."

• • •

this chapter was rewritten on june 18th, 2021

song of the chapter: she's a riot by the jungle giants