Thirty Seven

So make it worth it tonight, only so you know I never hurt you in spite
Love me like you never will again, it's our last time
Tonight forget about the pastime
Everything will be alright
So baby get some sleep tonight

The cold air forcefully hit through the window as I opened it to see Simon, yelling up at the building like a psycho. "Seriously?" I whispered before rushing downstairs and seeing him outside. "What are you doing here?" I questioned, looking over at him and biting down on my lower lip. "I-I don't know if I'm being honest." He said with a smirk. "Are you drunk?" I took a step towards him but instantly regretted it. His arm slipped around my waist and his eyes looked deeply into mine. "I need you." He whispered and I tried to make sense of the situation. This happened a couple times before, Simon would get drunk and then come to me and saying something that would make me want to slap him and kiss him all at the same time. "Let's get you inside." I muttered before helping him into my apartment.

"Who did you go out with?" I looked through my phone and wondered who to call, Simon approached me and cupped my face with his hands. "What are you doing?" I whispered, my phone sitting on the counter as my eyes looked into his blue orbs. "I want to kiss you." He started to slowly lean forward and I shook my head. "We can't." I said softly, his lips just inches from me. "We can." He kissed me and the air around me exploded into a million little fireworks. He pulled away from me and caressed my cheek before I heard yelling. "What the hell? Lily, it's almost noon, get up!" Mani barged into my room and started to attack me with pillows. "I'm up!" I sat up straight and rubbed my face. That was one seriously realistic dream.

My heart was still racing and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. "Are you okay?" She asked me as I slowly started to get out of bed. "I'm fine." I walked into my bathroom and shut the door, locking it and began splashing water in my face. I could feel the tingling on my lips, I could've swore that I wasn't even sleeping. I cursed myself and finished freshening up before walking out of my bedroom. "You ready?" Mani asked with an excited look on her face. "For what?" I said with a raised eyebrow. I was very moody when I didn't have breakfast. "Christmas shopping!" She looked at me excitedly, grabbing onto my arm and dragging me out of the house.

Walking around the mall and listening to Mani go on and on about this and that was exhausting, I was mentally tired and in need of food and silence. "Wait a minute." I said as I looked ahead of me. "Isn't that Alexa?" I questioned and Mani laughed. "Of course not." She tried to drag me away but I refused to take a step. "It is her. That's the guy I saw her with the other day. I knew she was cheating on Simon." Mani looked over at them and then turned to me. "You don't have to say anything. Let's go." I glanced at my sister and frowned. "You want me to keep it a secret?" I asked her. She sighed and groaned a bit too loudly. "We have to see her tonight for game night, please don't ruin it." I couldn't believe Mani at the moment but I didn't say anything afterwards, especially when she promised she would buy lunch for the both of us.

But I had this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, like I should say something to him.

He'll only say something to hurt my feelings anyway, what's the point?

» » »

I looked around the table to see us all in pairs, I bit my lower lip as I looked down at my phone, the picture of Alexa with that guy showing on the screen. What Mani didn't know was that I now had proof, just in case. "You alright Lily? You're really quiet." Josh spoke up and I smiled. "Yeah, I'm fine." All of us we're here, broken into two separate groups to play two different games since there was too many of us. The Sidemen house was decked out for Christmas and I was in a relatively good mood for someone who was having a tough time. Jack wrapped an arm around me and kissed my cheek. I watched as Alexa made her way into the hallway and I sucked in a deep breath. "I'll be right back." I faked a smile before disappearing into the hallway. "I'll see you later. I love you." She hung up the phone and looked down at it, I cleared my throat and when she saw me her face lit up. "Hey Lily! What's up?"

I looked down at my phone and then looked back up at her, showing her the screen. "Who's this?" I raised an eyebrow and I could see the smile on her face begin to disappear. "No one." She said and I started to laugh. "Really? Just no one? I'll have you know this isn't the first time I've seen you with him. And before you tell me he's your brother or cousin or something, I suggest you tell me the truth because I wasn't born yesterday." She sighed and the annoyance in her expression was clear. "I'm sorry." She said before stomping into the other room. "Excuse me?" I followed after her to see her pushing Simon who had a look of confusion on his face. "What the fuck?" He yelled and now everyone was looking at us. "I'm done. I quit!"

Alexa grabbed her stuff and looked at Simon. "I'm done pretending to be your girlfriend! This relationship is fake okay?" She said turning to me. "They paid me to be with him." She brushed passed me and I stared at everyone for a moment. "They?" I questioned as everyone else just sat in silence. "You paid her?" My eyes were on Simon who was staring back at me. "You lied to me? For what? To shove it in my face on how much of a bitch I was to you? Did everyone know?" My voice was gradually getting louder each time I said something. "You all knew? Was this a plan to back at me? Did you guys really pretend?" Mani took a step towards me. "Don't! Don't you even dare come near me. You guys all planned this for what? Explain to me why? What was the purpose?" Mani ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "He was just a mess after you left, things were going okay and then you said you were ready to come home and we just thought it would better the situation." I started to laugh, but not out of everything being hilarious but because I was pissed, I didn't know what to do with myself. "What the fuck is wrong with all of you? Did you think it was easy for me to just leave? To be gone for so long? I was a huge fucking mess because of this place! I hated it here, I hated doing anything! I thought taking a break would make things a little easier and I thought that was understood. So you guys not only lied to me about supporting me but you lied about a stupid relationship. Did you think I would care if Simon was seeing someone else?"

Simon looked over at me, his jaw clenched. "This whole thing is your fucking fault in the first place. You couldn't see that we were all here for you! I was here for you! I told you I loved you and I meant it! I would've never walked away from you, not like that!" He was crying now and everyone else was just looking at me with sad faces. "Did you know?" I turned to Jack who looked at me, about to say something before he stopped himself. "So going out with me was to distract me?" I questioned. "He doesn't love you." Simon broke the silence. "I love you. I never stopped loving you."

"You have a funny way of showing it. So were the insults just a part of the rouse or were you speaking from the heart? Either way it's fucked up. You broke my heart, I came back with the intention of fixing what I messed up. I knew you'd be angry at me, but I thought if I explained, if I tried to fix it, we'd be together again," I paused and took a deep breath.

"but now I'm looking at you and I just see everything wrong in my life."

» »»

I told you it would get intense

Kind of sad that it had to come to this but i live for the drama lmao

let me know what you think about the chapter!

Song of the chapter: Marilyn by G-Eazy