Sixteen

Now I'm falling asleep
And she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke
And she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head
But she's touching his chest
Now, he takes off her dress
Now, let me go

I tossed and turned in my sleep, feeling restless, I decided to go downstairs and make myself some tea because why not? I padded down the carpeted stairs and saw my dad sitting in his chair in the living room with the lamp on. He had a book in his hands and he looked so at peace. "Hey dad." I rubbed my eyes and went into the kitchen, grabbing a mug and grabbed a tea bag. "Want some?" He stood up and walked over towards me, leaning against the counter and watching me. "No thanks." He took a deep breath and I began to sip on my tea, smiling to myself. "Your mother told me what happened." My smile disappeared was in instead replaced with a frown. "Oh." I looked away from him and continued to sip on my tea. "I think that if this boy gets under your skin so much, he must be someone you want to keep in your life."

The air was thick and I stood there thinking and sipping on my tea. I could feel his eyes still on me. My dad wasn't much for talking about things like that, especially when it came to his daughters and their dating lives. "Thanks dad." I finally said while I faked a smile. "Oh don't give me that bullshit Lily. Stop being stubborn." He stood up straight and kissed the top of my head, walking upstairs. I stood there for what seemed like hours, wondering why everyone was on his side and not mine. I huffed in annoyance before washing my mug and heading back upstairs. I checked the countless messages and voice mails that Mani and some of the boys had left me.

I decided I'd call Mani later, for now I just needed sleep.

» » »

"You could've at least told me! I was scared someone kidnapped you or something." She mumbled the last part and all I did was laugh which seemed to agitate her more. "I'm sorry. It was really spontaneous." I sat on my bed and looked out my window, taking a deep breath in. "When are you coming back?" I thought it over and over again, knowing that eventually I had to go back. London was where my life was now, I couldn't avoid it. "Later today. I'll see you soon." I said goodbye quickly and packed my stuff, going downstairs, bumping into my mom in the process.

"I need to go back." She smiled and grabbed her keys. "Got your ticket?" I nodded quickly and hopped into the car, saying bye to my dad and my brothers before my mom started to drive in the direction of the city. By the time I got to my gate the plane was already boarding and for a moment I was scared that they wouldn't let me on. But I got into my seat and texted Mani letting her know.

Landing in London was much more different than last time, I searched around for Mani before my eyes landed on a familiar tall and muscular looking guy. I smiled softly when JJ approached me. "Deja vu am I right?" I laughed and we got into his Lamborghini. "Simon's been worried about you. You haven't messaged any of us back." I shrugged and glanced down at my phone. "Sucks." He looked over at me as he slowed the car down. "Why won't you just talk to him? He's going crazy back at the house." I laughed sarcastically. "Good, he deserves it." He looked at me hesitantly. "Wait, did you not come back so quickly because of him?" I raised an eyebrow and shook my head.

"I came back for someone else." I breathed out before the car went silent. He took me to go see Mani who was at the Sidemen house filming a video with the boys. At first he was shocked that I was okay to go over there but then he just kept looking at me suspiciously. "What?" He shook his head and stopped the car in front of the house. "Nothing, I'm just wondering why you're so calm." I got out and followed him inside, ignoring his last comment. "Lil!" Mani rushed to me the moment she saw me, wrapping her arms around me tightly. "Don't ever do that again!" She slapped my arm and I held it in pain. "Ow!" She hugged me again and I laughed, hugging her back. "Hey." I said to the boys who looked happy to see me, all but one. "Glad you're back." Josh said as an arm was draped around my shoulders.

"How was the family?" I told Mani how everyone was doing, even though I was only really there for about a day. "Hey Lily!" Cal appeared in the doorway and I smiled softly, I wrapped my arms around him tightly and dug my face into his shoulder. "What's wrong?" He asked me confused, but I just held onto him tightly. "Wanna go for a walk?" I nodded and grabbed his hand, following him outside.

» » »

Simon's POV

I'd been going crazy for hours, trying to figure out why she wouldn't talk to me or at least hear me out. I was upset at her but mostly myself. I had a chance and I blew it. Or maybe I never had a chance at all. Seeing her made my heart skip a beat, I had this crazy smile on my face until I remembered that she wasn't here for me. And now here I was in the kitchen with the rest of the boys and Mani, waiting for her to come back from her walk with Cal which was taking an awfully long time. "Where did they go? France?" Mani asked and she tapped her fingers on the counter. "I thought she left to go talk to her mom, why is she talking to Cal even more?" JJ opened up the fridge but then closed it. There wasn't anything in there.

"Hey guys." Cal walked in with hands in his pockets, something told me that he was trying to hide something from us. "Where's Lily?" Mani stood up and looked behind Cal but Lily never appeared. "I drove her home, she was really tired." Mani raised an eyebrow and Cal sat down next to Josh. "We talked.." He started saying then he paused. "About what?" Josh asked as we all waited for his answer. "Not sure really, she was talking about a lot of stuff, her thoughts, what she was thinking, Simon.." I looked at Cal and frowned. "What'd she say?" I watched him as he grimaced. "How you get under her skin and how she didn't think it was a good thing until now.

I waited for him to continue but instead he just stared at me. "Okay?" Mani nudged him. "She started to say that she liked having me around and that she wanted things to be different between us." My heart sank and I slumped into my seat. "I don't understand why. She told me before that she didn't feel that way towards me." Cal explained as Mani frowned. "No, something happened. No offense Cal but she doesn't like you like that. I know she doesn't."

I stared at the countertop before pushing myself off the stool and grabbing a coat. "It's not happening like this."

• • •

Hopefully things didn't move to fast for you guys, thoughts on this chapter?

If you didn't know I have two other books that I'm starting on, if you could do your gal a favor and check them out, that would great!

Song of the chapter: Mr Brightside by The Killers