Twenty Three

And our heart's gone
And the timing's never right
But for now let's get away
On a Roman holiday

Josh's POV

"You are the stupidest person I have ever met." Freya, Mani, and Vik were going to go after Lily but Tobi stopped by and said to leave her alone for now. "Me? Why?" Simon looked at me defensively. "You just let her go! You keep letting her go, what happened to holding on tight?" I asked him in frustration. "I told you I'm no good for her." He glared at all of us and headed up the stairs slowly. "What do we do now?" Mani asked with a worried expression on her face. "Just let her be, she needs to be alone." Tobi looked at all of us and shut the front door. "Why don't we order a pizza and just relax. She'll call soon."

Ethan decided to join us, along with the Cal's. We sat in the living room, just eating pizza and talking. "Is he not going to come downstairs?" JJ asked as he shoved the pizza in his mouth. "He's upset." I said. I went to take another bite of pizza when I noticed Mani staring at me. "Upset? How do you know? He looked pretty emotionless earlier." I sighed and put my pizza back on my plate. "I know Simon, he realized what he did wrong." I looked in the direction of the stairs, rolling my eyes and getting up. I set my plate off to the side and climbed the stairs that led to his room. "Hey." I knocked before walking in, seeing him at his desk, back turned to me.

"What do you want?" He grumbled and I took a step closer to him. It wasn't until I got closer that I realized that he was crying. "Hey, mate what's wrong?" I grabbed his other chair and sat down. "I really did lose her didn't I?" I didn't know how to answer so I stayed quiet. "I told you she deserved better. I told you.." He whispered and put his face in his hands. "I'm sorry Si."

» » »

I ran a hand through my hair and glanced over at Simon who had calmed down a bit however his face was still red. "I can't believe I actually cried." He laughed and rubbed his eye. "It means you care." He scoffed and shook his head. "I can't care anymore, it gets me in trouble." He stood up and wiped his face, looking at me. "Any pizza left?" I smiled softly and nodded, going down stairs. "Hey Moné." Ethan said and they all smiled at him. "Hey." He said as he took a seat next to JJ. "Did you figure things out?" Cal asked. "Yeah." Everyone looked relieved but I sat back down and frowned. "Her and I are better off apart."

It got eerily quiet but it didn't seem to bother Simon. "Has she called anyone?" I asked but no one answered. "I guess not. I wonder if she's okay."

» » »

Lily's POV

Sitting in the coffee shop, I breathed in a deep breath, looking down at my latte. I wiped the tears from my eyes, hiding my face into my sweater so no one would wonder what was wrong. I ignored the phone calls, the texts, I just wanted to be alone. I didn't noticed my surroundings until my phone started to vibrate. "Hello." I answered the call and instantly regretted it. "Where are you?" Cal asked and a tear rolled down my cheek. "No where." I said and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Come on, let me go pick you up." I laughed to cover up the sniffles. "I'm fine." I looked around the coffee shop and then looked back down at my cup. "Please. We're all worried sick about you. Mani is going crazy."

"Can I talk to Josh?" I asked, clearing my throat. "Lily? Are you okay?" I paused for a moment, a couple of more tears falling down my cheeks. "No. Can you come? But just you." I wiped the tears and leaned my chin on my hand. "Sure, where are you?"

He walked in and sat at the table, facing me with a pitying look on his face. "I'm here." He said and I smiled. "I know." He sighed and glanced out the window. "I'm sorry. You didn't deserve any of that." I looked up at him and shrugged. "Things happen." He looked down at his hands. "I wish I could tell you he was sorry, but I can't." I nodded slowly. "I figured." I looked down and then leaned back into my chair. "I don't think him and I were a good idea. Maybe loving him was all I was meant to do." Josh just stared at me. We sat in silence, the sound of conversations all around us. "I don't think so. It's just bad timing."

I shook my head. "No, bad timing would be easier to deal with. We just don't work. He expects so much from me, I expect so much from him. I shouldn't have listened to everyone." I sighed and sunk into my chair a bit more. "You're being negative." He pointed out. "He doesn't want me anyway, he thinks I don't care." Josh leaned across the table. "Then show him you do." I frowned.

"I thought I did."

» » »

When the knocks came at the door, I ignored them. When they wouldn't stop, I continued to ignore them. When the knocking turned into full out pounding, I rushed over. "What?" It had been a few weeks since I had talked to Josh, I avoided all contact with Simon and instead found myself focusing more and more on videos. "Josh?" He looked frantic. "There's been an accident." My eyes went wide and I frowned. "Accident? What happened?" Josh pointed to his phone. "You didn't get my messages?" I shook my head. "I turned my ringer off to film." I quickly grabbed my phone from the kitchen counter.

Josh: Simon's at the hospital, there was an accident.
Josh: It was a car accident, I don't know the details but I need you to pick up.
Josh: Seriously! Pick up!

"I'm sorry. Is he alright?" Josh shrugged and I followed him out the door. "JJ called me, I guess it's pretty bad." My heart was about to collapse, we rushed to the hospital, I followed him to the front desk and they told us to wait in the waiting room along with everyone else. "Is he okay?" The boys were all sitting in chairs, Mani's head was on Tobi's shoulder. "We don't know." I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. "What do you mean you don't know?" I asked with a snap. Josh tried to put a hand on my shoulder but I moved away from him. "Are you with Mr Minter?" JJ stood up and looked at the doctor. "Yeah, is he okay?" The doctor frowned and hugged his clipboard to his chest. "I'm sorry to inform you but Mr Minter received several serious injuries, we did everything we could." I stared at the doctor with a blank stare.

"What? No, that's not possible. He can't be.." I fell to my knees and let the tears stream down my face.

And then I woke up and tried to stop from crying about that stupid dream.

• • •

Bam another chapter, I'm on a roll today

Song of the chapter: Roman Holiday by Halsey