CHAPTER T E N

she always says she loves me when we're drinking

DRUNK ON Y O U

I had returned to the table with Faith who eyed me as we both sat down. I couldn't do anything about the information I had. The boys were acting like kids, I wasn't an object to fight over. Shouldn't it be up to me to decide who I liked?

"What's wrong?" Imani asked me. I shook my head in response and turned my attention to the drink menu instead. If Simon wanted to step back then so be it.

I just wanted to have fun and let loose a bit so I ordered a drink for myself but one drink soon turned into having four and then six and the rest just became a blur.

SIMON'S P O V

I watched as Lily downed drink after drink. It was starting to worry me a bit.

But I made a promise to Cal.

Although I wish I had known it didn't work out sooner, I wouldn't have brought Victoria along if someone had just told me. I know it was childish to let Cal be the one to go for it with Lily but I felt bad. He seemed really down on himself so I just let it be. I wanted to talk with her and at least explain how it went down but I don't want Cal thinking I was waiting for him to fail.

"Hey maybe you should slow down." Imani said to her sister carefully. "Why? I'm fine." Lily said already slurring her words after four drinks. "I think Imani is right." Tobi said with a laugh as he tried to take the glass away from her. "No please, I'm okay I promise." She said as she sat up straight. My eyes were on her the entire time, every now and then she would look in my direction and I could just tell something was up by the way she looked at me.

Whatever Victoria was talking to me about was going in one ear and out the other. I wanted to make sure Lily was alright, but I restrained myself. "Okay that's six drinks, you're done." Imani said as she let Lily rest on her shoulder. "It's just really funny I think." Lily said slowly. Vik looked around the table worriedly and he caught my gaze. "Oh shoot I forgot I had to help my friend with her portfolio. I'm gonna get going, I'll call you later." Victoria said to me and I nodded.

The rest of us stayed for a bit and I noticed Lily trying to get up from the table. I walked over and held her up, being gentle so she wouldn't yell at me like last time.

The last time.

That night replayed in my head a few times since then and how I wish I could've acted on it. "What are you doing?" She asked as she grabbed my arm. "Helping you so you don't fall on your ass." I said back quickly, shaking my head in disbelief at how drunk she was. "I don't want you to help." She said quietly, pushing me away from her and going over to the direction of the exit. Imani got up from the table and I put my hand up. "I got her." I said as I gave Josh a knowing look.

I followed after Lily, which was hard because even while drunk she walked so fast. She turned around after hearing me call out for her and she frowned, looking at me with some slight disappointment. "Go away." She said as she leaned against my car, looking away from me.

"No, you're drunk and I'm worried about you." I said rationally. She scoffed and leaned her back against the car, her eyes studying me. "Why didn't you just tell me?" She said with a slight whine in her voice. She pushed her hair back and sighed, slumping down to the ground. I rushed over to her, kneeling down to look at her face.

"I would've rather gone out with you not Cal." She said suddenly, her eyes looking into mine deeply. I was caught off guard a bit and the next thing I knew her lips were locked onto mine.

Just like last time.

I pulled away from her and she slumped against me, her eyes slowly closing. "What's wrong?" I heard Freya say behind me.

"Nothing, shes just drunk." I said still in a bit of shock at the events that just played out. I picked Lily up off the floor and turned to Imani. "I'll drop her off if you need me to." I suggested.

Imani looked at me carefully and then turned to Vik, who simply shrugged. "Well, if you could that would be great. We were going to hit a few bars, but I don't think she should drink anything else for tonight." Her sister said worriedly.

"I'll drop her off and make sure she's okay." I said, I noticed Ethan protesting for me to come along with them but Faith put an end to that quickly.

I put her in the passenger seat of my car, taking a moment to look at her features. She was sound asleep and she was beautiful.

LILY'S P O V

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache. I really needed to get my alcohol tolerance under control, this was just ridiculous.

Sitting up I was in last nights clothes still but I was in my bed, in my bedroom. I really wish I could remember what happened but everything was a blur after the fourth drink. I looked at my phone and noticed a glass of water and aspirin sitting on my bedside table. I took the pills to ease the pain of the headache and got out of bed carefully, walking to Imani's room, but when I opened the door she wasn't there and it didn't even look like her bed was slept in. I frowned, looking down at my phone and dialing her phone number.

"Hello?" I heard her groggy voice on the other side. "Where are you?" I questioned. "Oh, at Vik's, we went drinking after dinner and we drank too much so I crashed at his place." She said in a very nonchalant tone. "Oh. Well thanks for bringing me home I guess." I said a little crankily.

"I didn't take you home." She answered. "What?" I questioned quickly. "Yeah you got drunk at dinner so Simon dropped you off at home."

"Wait, what?"

• • •

this chapter was rewritten as of august 30th, 2021

song of the chapter: says she loves me by aer