Eighteen

Her eyes and words are so icy
Oh but she burns
Like rum on the fire
Hot and fast and angry as she can be
I walk my days on a wire

I took a deep breath and typed on the computer, rubbing my eyes as I looked at the time. It was three in the morning and I hadn't talked to Simon since that day I came back. I ran a hand through my hair and pressed the space bar. I had been getting messages from Twitter saying to check out some video that Simon had posted recently but I ignored it, I didn't know what to think it was or assume. After a couple of minutes my curiosity grew and I typed in his name into the search bar on YouTube and his channel popped up. I clicked on the latest video and put my headphones in.

"Hey guys! Today I thought about doing a q n a so I went to Twitter for you guys to ask me questions. Let's get started!"

I paused the video, what the hell did this have to do with me? It was just a normal video. I pressed play and tried not to fall asleep. He answered normal questions about himself, throwing a couple of would you rather questions in there. Then a question popped up towards the end of the video and I had to go back and listen to it.

"Have you ever been in love?" He read out the question and laughed, making me smile softly. "Yeah, I'm in love right now. I have been for awhile, I made a video with her, the first video we both made together and she was just so amazing. I don't think it was love then but it was pretty damn close," I watched his eyes light up and I could feel my heart swell. I tried to remember everything but those things seemed so insignificant. "Every time I hear her name I just get so happy, and every time I see her I can't help but stop and stare. But things are really complicated right now and I know that if I love her then I need to let her go and let her be happy."

I exited the video and stood up, grabbing a light jacket and leaving a note for Mani just in case. I got a car and was dropped off at the Sidemen house, really hoping that he was awake. "Lily?" The door flew open and Vik stood there, looking at the time. "It's almost three thirty in the morning." I nodded as he let me in. "I know but I need to talk to Simon." I started walking upstairs as Vik followed. "Is he awake?" I asked and I turned to him while I continued to go up the stairs. "He should be, we just filmed a gaming video." I smiled at him before heading towards Simon's room, knocking on the door before just walking in. "Lily? What are you doing here?" I shook my head and quickly walked over to him, pulling him down to my height and kissing him.

"Not that I didn't enjoy that but what the hell?" He whispered and I could see how tired he was. "I saw your video." He smiled and pulled me closely to him, his arms wrapping around my waist. "I'm sorry. Believe me." I nodded and breathed out a sigh. "I do."

» » »

I woke up the next morning wrapped in someone's arms, I turned to look and saw Simon staring at me. "Well if this isn't creepy." He laughed and pulled me closer. "You just look so peaceful." I smiled and intertwined our fingers together. "I needed this." He said to me while I shut my eyes again. "And why is that?" He chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Because I needed you." I turned around to look at him, his thumb caressing my cheek. "I need you." He whispered and his forehead was connected with mine. "I need you too." I whispered back as he kissed my forehead and then my cheek and then started to kiss all over my face. "Simon!" I laughed and tried to push him off but he just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him. "I'm not letting you go." I laughed and snuggled up next to him. "Good cause I'm not leaving."

We stayed there like that for a few more minutes before JJ and Josh burst through the door. "What the hell?" Josh crossed his arms and laughed. "It's about damn time." My face turned red and I dug my face into his chest. "What do you guys want?" Simon asked annoyed when I heard footsteps and Vik whisper who the girl was. "It's Lily, you idiot." JJ whispered back. Simon sat up a bit and looked at the boys. "We just wanted to know if you wanted to go out for lunch but it looks like you're busy." I pushed Simon off and sat up. "Are you kidding? I'm hungry." They laughed and I crawled out of bed. "You mind if we bring Mani with?" The boys shook their heads and left, Simon went to go get ready and I texted Mani letting her know what was going on.

Vik picked her up and brought her to the Sidemen house while the rest of the boys got ready. "You came over here at three in the morning?" She asked with her eyes wide. "Mhm." I nodded as I scrolled through Twitter. "You aren't going to give me details are you?" I just smiled at her as Simon and JJ walked into the kitchen. "You guys ready." I nodded and Simon grabbed ahold of my hand. "Hope you don't mind fellas but I have to vlog." Mani announced and I shook my head. "I'm vlogging too." Vik said and showed everyone the camera. "Guess I'll vlog too." Simon said and smiled, we all hopped into a car that we had to get so it was big enough to fit everyone. We drove into Central London and started looking around for a restaurant to eat in.

"So now we're just looking for a place to eat, we already got stopped by a few of you. You guys were lovely." Simon said into the camera, I was walking behind him and talking to JJ. "There's JJ and Lily, look how tiny she is." He knew I could hear him which is why he started laughing. "So many of you say that when you meet her you didn't expect her to be so short." JJ started to laugh and I glared at Simon. "Really?" I asked him trying to keep a straight face. "She wants to laugh." JJ said and then I broke out into a fit of giggles. "Fuck off." I nudged JJ and we continued walking. "There they are!" Ethan said as he stood in front of a restaurant with Tobi and Manny. "Hey guys." I smiled and Tobi pulled me into a hug. "Things figured out?" He whispered as I turned to see Simon talking to Manny about something.

"Things are perfect."

• • •

Who was expecting that to happen? Don't worry tons more drama coming up lol

Also I have a Spotify account for all my books and such, if you want to listen to the chapter songs I put them into a playlist, my user is withlovelilywrites, be sure to check it out! It goes in chapter order.

Song of the chapter: Cherry Wine by Hozier