Twenty Four

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

Simon's POV

I couldn't shake her off. Every time I close my eyes her face pops up. Every time I wear my sweater I can smell her perfume. I laid in my bed at six in the morning with the sounds of raindrops tapping on my window. I sighed and rolled over so my eyes could stare at the blank wall. I heard the door open but I didn't really care who it was that came in. "Si?" It was Josh. "We have to get going in a few hours." He stated with a sigh. "Simon, mate come on." He nudged me but I shoved him off. "It's been almost three months." I frowned, three months? Had it really been that long since I had seen her face in person or heard her voice? "I know." I said and turned around. "I'm just tired, it has nothing to do with her." Josh rolled his eyes and got out of my room. "At least that's what I tell myself." I whispered as I got up to get dressed.

I walked down the stairs and saw the boys waiting by the front door. They all smiled when they saw me and I waved. "Hey guys." We got our bags and headed out to the car. "Can't wait to film this video, I'm so excited." Tobi exclaimed and we all headed out.

We filmed for a good few hours before the five of us got hungry. We headed to Nando's naturally and after ordering we sat down. "You guys ready for tomorrow night?" JJ asked. "What's tomorrow night?" I asked, slightly confused. I was having a habit of forgetting things recently. "Really Simon? The fundraiser we were invited to? We have to dress all nice and in suits." JJ said with a roll of his eyes. "I'm actually excited. We don't get to dress nicely often." Vik smiled and started to eat. "You are such an idiot." JJ looked at him and Vik just laughed it off. "We have to go?" I asked but after looking at their faces I smiled. "I'll be ready."

» » »

Lily's POV

Three whole months went by without so much as a word from Simon. The other boys dropped by often and I grew closer to them as friends but they wouldn't even tell me how he was doing. Watching his videos was the only thing that gave me some kind of clue as to how he could be doing. I pulled my knees to my chest and stared at the blank tv screen, Mani making noise in the kitchen. "We should get ready or we'll be late." She said after pouring herself a glass of orange juice. "Mani, its nine in the morning." I said with a flat tone. I rolled my eyes and put my face into the pillow next to me. "I know you miss him bu-" I snapped my head up and glared at her. "Shut it." I said through clenched teeth and stood up, walking into my room and shutting the door.

Talking about Simon was a sore subject, I was still upset and kind of regretting my decision of deciding to go but I had to keep remembering that this was for a good cause. I stood in my closet for a good hour before deciding what to wear, I had to look nice and I wanted to make sure I didn't over dress or under dress. "This is one of my favorite dresses of yours." Mani said after taking a look at my dress. "Yeah mine too." I whispered and took a look through my jewelry box. "You know he'll be there right?" I glanced at my little sister and sighed. "Yeah."

I slipped the dress on over my head and zipped it up. I twirled in front of the mirror and took a few pictures, posting to all of my social medias because why not. I pinned some of my brown, wavy hair back and grabbed the earrings from the dresser. I took another look in the mirror and bit my lower lip, sighing. It had been two months since I had seen his face in person, was I supposed to talk to him? Be polite and act like nothing happened? I looked down at my phone to see the time, Josh saying that he was on his way. "Josh is almost here." Mani said with only her head peering around the doorway. "I know." I said and showed her my phone. "He texted me too."

"Let's just stick together tonight." She said with a smile, I stood up from my bed and walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her in a hug. "Thanks."

» » »

Simon's POV

I had been at the fundraiser in my suit with Tobi, Vik, Ethan, JJ waiting for Josh to arrive. He said he had to go pick up Freya but it shouldn't have taken him this long. We sat at our table, all of us looking up to the grand staircase that you had to enter in, it looked like something out of a movie. I ran a hand through my hair before glancing around me to see if maybe I could spot Lily. When I didn't see her I mentally slapped myself and started to finish my drink. "Slow down there mate, this isn't one of JJ's parties." Tobi said. He put a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" He said, his words laced with concern. "Yeah, I'm okay."

I set my glass down and he turned away from me, saying something to Vik. "Hey, isn't that Josh?" We all looked at the staircase and saw Josh entering with Freya. "Yeah, but who's behind him?" Ethan asked, seconds later Mani was revealed, she smiled brightly at us and followed Josh and Freya down the stairs. "I guess Lily didn't want to come." JJ whispered, Josh, Freya, Mani reached us, they sat down and I breathed out a sigh. "Where's Lily?" Vik asked but before anyone could answer all eyes turned to the staircase. "Right there." I said with my eyes glued to her. She was always beautiful to me. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

I was an idiot to let her go.

• • •

They might've had the shortest relationship of all mankind but the love they have for each other is strong.

so the song for this chapter HAS BEEN ON REPEAT FOR HOURS THANK YOU NIALL MY BABY IVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU & IM SO PROUD

Song of the chapter: This Town By Niall Horan