Thirty Three

I used to cry to all my friends
But they would say, "I told ya"
Finally, I can breathe again
The weight is off my shoulders
I was warned but fooled by charm
And you, you deserve to be alone
And I deserve better, better than you

Waking up the next morning, I was instantly hit with a wave of different emotions. I was still very much upset about what happened but I was trying not to dwell on it because I knew it would drive me crazy. "Lily?" There was a knock at the door and the sound of Tobi's voice made me not want to open the door. "Come on, I know you're awake. Cal and I want to take you guys out for breakfast." I sat up in bed and smiled. "Hold on!" I grabbed a sweater and opened the door. "Breakfast?" Tobi was standing in front of me with a smug look. "I knew that would get you out of bed. Come on let's chat." He motioned for the sofa where Cal was sitting. "No." I slammed the door and sat back down on my bed. "Okay fine, I'll get you breakfast."

And we actually did, I refused to talk about last nights events on an empty stomach. "So?" Cal glanced at me and I finished chewing the eggs that were in my mouth before sighing. "What?" Mani sat next to me quietly, but I could see her mouthing something to the boys out of the corner of my eye. "What happened last night? Everything was going so good." Cal finished and frowned at me. "Look I'm sorry about last night but he just aggravates me okay? I know I hurt his feelings but I didn't think he'd be such a baby about it." I looked down at my plate before Mani looked over at me. "You think he's acting like a baby? He was heartbroken after you left. He flew all the way to LA to bring you back home and all you did was shut him down. He was a mess after that, then Alexa came into the picture and things seemed alright. Now you're back and everything is going to shit again."

I glared at her and scoffed. "Really? Because things weren't shit before then as well right? I left because of that. I couldn't be here anymore without having a mental breakdown. You of all people I would think would be supportive. I guess I was wrong. I'm done talking about this. I'm done talking about him okay? If everything is my fault than why even be around me?" I shot them all a look before taking my leave. I hadn't even been back for a week and this was already happening to me. Go figure. I was a walking catastrophe from the day I was born. I ended up going shopping because it helped ease my anger at the world and plus I saw some really cute sweaters that had caught my eye. I stood in front of the mirror in the dressing room when my phone started to ring.

"Caspar?" I questioned before checking myself in the mirror again. "Hey Lil. Feel like we haven't talked in awhile. I'm having a party tomorrow night and I was hoping you and Mani would come." I bit my lower lip and shrugged. "Sure why not?" I smiled and after saying our goodbyes hung up. I walked out of the dressing room after changing when I bumped into Mani. "What the hell?" I questioned while I picked up the clothes I had dropped. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything." I looked up at her before sighing. "I guess I can't stay mad at you."

She smiled and hugged me before helping me carry the clothes. "How'd you know I was here?" I raised an eyebrow before putting the clothes on the counter to pay for them. "You're my sister, its a sister thing." I rolled my eyes at her. I was still upset at her for what she said but I learned to stop holding a grudge.

Although with Simon it was impossible.

I looked up from my phone as we walked out of the store. "Oh yeah, Caspar invited us to a party tomorrow night." I smiled and walked over towards her car. "Sounds cool. I haven't seen him in awhile, he's been so busy."

"This is gonna be fun."

» » »

"Lily! Mani! Glad you guys could make it." I looked at a slightly drunk Caspar and laughed. "Hey." I hugged him tightly before I stepped into his house. I was greeted by people everywhere and loud music. "Lil?" Joe smiled at me and waved me over. "Hey Sugg! How's everything?" I asked and a grin appeared on his face. "Great! How are you? I heard about you and Simon." He frowned at that and I shook my head. "No big deal. Things happen." I was engulfed in a hug by Jack and Conor, smiling wide I hugged them back. "I missed you." Jack announced and I laughed. "I'm sure you did." I sat down and was handed a drink by Conor. "No I really did." He sat next to me and I glanced at everyone who went off to do their own thing. "Truth is I always liked you."

Jack wrapped an arm around me and the only thing I could think was that I didn't mind. "Really?" I took continuous sips of the drink, completely forgetting my no alcohol rule. After about seven drinks later I was totally wasted but I didn't care, it felt nice to not care. Jack ended up pulling me into an empty room, what happened after was a complete accident.

But I didn't mind.

» » »

"Morning." I rolled over with a massive headache erupting and I groaned. "Hey." I mumbled before I realized that I had just talked to someone. When I laid my eyes on Jack he was smiling at me groggily. "Have I ever told you you're beautiful." I blushed but rolled over, covering myself up and trying to find my clothes. "Well this was fun but I should head home." I mumbled, he grabbed my hand gently while pulling me back softly. "Just lay with me." He said barely above a whisper and I felt persuaded to stay. "Okay." I whispered back while a smile appeared on his lips. His hair was messy and he could barely keep his eyes open.

I hadn't seen him since that night in LA when they hung out at our old apartment. Things happened then too but it was just for fun, nothing serious. So why did it feel serious now? "Let me take you out." He said and I laughed. "Uh, I don't think that's a good idea." I glanced at him with a small smile. "Forget about Simon." He said in a serious tone. "I have." I said defensively. "Let me show you how you deserve better." He intertwined our fingers together and I was growing increasingly confused. "Jack, we haven't seen each other in over a year. Why me?"

He sat up a bit before resting his head on his hand. "To be honest I haven't stopped thinking about you since LA." I looked at him for a moment, looking at his features. "I can treat you better."

I deserve better.

» » »

Ahh this was such a cool chapter to write!

I have some really dramatic things in store i'm excited

Song of the chapter: Better by Meghan Trainor