Seventeen

Say, go through the darkest of days
Heaven's a heartbreak away
Never let you go, never let me down
Oh, it's been a hell of a ride
Driving the edge of a knife
Never let you go, never let me down

Simon's POV

I got in my car and drove to Lily's apartment, no way was I losing her to Cal again. There were feelings there, strong feelings and it wasn't just coming from me. I parked my car in front of her apartment building and rushed to the elevator, stopped in my tracks when her door appeared in my view. I was so in the moment I had forgotten why I came here. What if she didn't want to see me? "Lily?" I knocked on the door and it opened slowly, I looked at her for moment in awe before clearing my throat. "Can we talk?" She opened her mouth to say something before she sighed and opened the door. "Fine. You got two minutes." She muttered as I walked inside.

"You don't like Cal." I blurted, my hands running through my hair. "Excuse me?" She was staring me down with her arms crossed and I knew I was already starting to mess up. "That's not what I meant. Look, I know you have feelings for me, and I'm not leaving until you admit them." I noticed I was holding my breath as I waited for her answer. She looked like she was contemplating life, she looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Get out." She whispered before pushing passed me. I grabbed onto her wrist gently and shook my head. "No, I'm not letting you walk away. I did that once and I regretted it." She scoffed and pulled her wrist away. "I like how now you're suddenly starting to care when not even two weeks ago you were yelling at me and saying I didn't matter." She turned away from me and shook her head slowly. "I'm not in the mood for this Simon."

I could've walked away but I held my ground. "No! I'm not walking away and I'm not letting you walk away either. Why can't you just open up to me?" I practically begging for her to admit her feelings. "I did! I told you almost everything and twenty seconds later you bailed on me for some random girl you met at a club!" She looked like she was on the verge of tears. "I put myself out there and it failed. I'm not doing that again." I glared at her for a moment. "Then what about Cal? He told us what you said to him. If you didn't want to put yourself out there again, why'd you say that to him?" She looked at me confused. "I never said anything like that to him. He's just a friend." She pushed her hair back and shook her head abruptly, beginning to push me towards the front door. "Get out. I don't want to talk to you." I grabbed onto her arms as she tried to pull away. "Look at me, please just look at me." She stopped and looked up, her brown eyes staring into mine.

"Please just go." She whispered before her hands slipped out of mine and she pulled away. "Don't do this." I said with a shaky breath. "I can't do this right now okay? I want you to go." I faked a laugh. "No you don't, you don't want me to actually leave, because if I leave that just proves that you think you're right. I told you, I'm not leaving."

» » »

Lily's POV

He stuck by his word, when he said he wouldn't leave he actually meant it. I thought for sure after an hour he'd get fed up and go but it had been three hours and he was still sitting on the couch. "Get him out." I said to Mani over the phone, she huffed and I could hear Josh in the back asking what was going on. "I'm not going to kick him out, he's too stubborn. Just like you." I rolled my eyes and peeked out the door. "Okay well he's been sitting on the couch this entire time, I want him out of here." I ran through my hair and bit my lower lip. "Can one of the boys come? He can't stay here all night." I whispered into the phone, backing away from the door. "Why do you care?" She said suddenly and I grew irritated. "Because he's sitting on our couch, the apartment is supposed to be my safe haven and I can't fully relax knowing he's in the next room over. Get him out." I hung up and threw my phone on the bed, putting my face in my hands.

"I'm not leaving." I jumped and turned around to see him standing there in the doorway. "Eventually you'll have to go home Simon. Face it, this isn't working." He looked to be thinking about something before responding. "It's not working because you won't let it." I balled my hands into fists and took a step toward him. "What would you like me to do? Get over how I feel? Well it's easier said than done. Every time I look at you.." My hands grew soft again and I could feel a migraine coming on. "Never mind." I waved him off and turned back around. "No, what is it?" I scrunched up my nose and looked over my shoulder. "Every time I see you, I think of all those fights and screaming matches, the accusations. How you easily just forgot I was alive." I looked at the ground to stop from crying. I never cried.

"I'm sorry." I laughed and licked my lips, a tear falling. I cursed. "Sorry doesn't cut it." He stepped towards me, but I was too tired to move. "Then tell me what to do!" He was growing frustrated with me. "I shouldn't have to." I said through clenched teeth. The front door could be heard opening and then footsteps, Mani poked her head into the room. "Hey Si, the boys are wondering where you are, they said you have some videos to film." Simon wouldn't take his eyes off me, his hand finding their way to my cheek. "Please." I moved away and cleared my throat, watching him walk out. "Did you talk?" Mani asked as soon as the front door shut.

"Oh we talked alright." She gave me a small hug before walking away, I climbed into the bath, in desperate need of some relaxation. When I got out I dressed into pjs and climbed into bed, making the mistake of looking on Twitter.

@miniminter: I know you love me.

Well you got one thing right.

• • •

Another chapter up, probably gonna post another one cause I'm bored tbh

Actually loved this chapter omg

Song of the chapter: Let Me Love You by DJ Snake