Thirty Eight

You make my heart feel like it's summer
When the rain is pouring down
You make my whole world feel so right when it's wrong
That's how I know that you are the one
That's why I know you are the one

Can we please just talk?" Simon said to me with a frown. His eyes were staring into mine and I stayed quiet. "I want to explain, I want to get my feelings off my chest." I glanced at everyone before scoffing. "Now you want to talk? Now you want to suddenly fix things? Why the fuck did you do all of that if all you wanted to do was talk to me?" I probably looked crazy but at this point I didn't care. I was hoping and praying that I would at some point wake up from this stupid dream but this was reality. My friends conspired against me to make me feel like a huge bitch.

As if I already didn't know.

"If you want to talk, go ahead." He looked at me in seriousness before clearing his throat. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for pushing you away, I'm sorry for getting angry at you, for not being there when you needed me. I'm sorry for acting like a dick. I just want us to be together again. Even if it's just friends. I can't handle you being out of my life. I didn't mean for things to go so far, I was just so angry at you for leaving that I got carried away. I've never loved anyone the way I love you."

I wanted to believe him. I wanted to trust him and not be so hurt by everything but I was. But I'm stupid and I love him but I can't admit that to him, I'll be a fool who fell for it twice. "What do you want me to do? Take you back with open arms and pretend like nothing ever happened? We've been through this before! I'm done trying, I'm done fighting for something that'll just end in tears. I don't want that, I want to be with someone who understands me and who isn't some immature guy who thinks that shutting off his feelings is cool. I want something real, and we for sure do not have that." The look on his face made me feel a bit guilty about what I was saying and then there was the glint in his eyes. "You're lying."

I looked at him in disbelief and I could hear Josh whisper something to him. "You're lying, you love me and you want to make things work. I know you Lily, you forget how well I can tell when your lying." I opened my mouth to refute but I stopped. I took one last look before turning my head and walking out of the front door. "Lily, wait!" I turned around when someone's hand grasped my wrist. "Why do we keep doing this? It just feels like history repeating itself." I said to him softly. He brushed a loose strand of hair and tucked it behind my ear, his eyes never leaving mine.

"You and I, we're not right for each other." I wanted to say more but I couldn't take it, I couldn't look at him. "We're perfect for each other." My breathing hitched as he lowered his head. "I want this. I'm willing to fight for this. Are you?" He questioned and I felt my body moving closer to his.

"No."

» » »

Sitting at my desk, I pulled my legs up and sucked in a huge breath, my eyes fixated on the screen in front of me. "You okay?" I could hear Mani ask. "I guess." I replied. "Simon's at the door." I rolled my eyes before shrugging. "Let him in I guess." I heard shuffling and then the door shutting. He came over and I could feel his arms wrapping around me. I tensed up before I was left feeling defeated. I sobbed into his shirt and let him hold me. He hugged me tightly and repeatedly kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry for making you so angry at me." I spoke up. "I'm sorry for leaving you, for being a bitch and thinking about myself more than you. But me leaving had nothing to do with me not loving you. I still love you." He pulled away from me and looked down, his forehead against mine.

"Let me love you."

He wiped the tears off my face or at least attempted to, he kissed my forehead before I pulled him closer and kissed his lips.

I missed him.

We pulled apart and a smile broke onto his face, making me smile as well. "From here on out, we solve our problems together, no more secrets or lies. No more running away, please?" I giggled and nodded my head. "Okay." He pulled me in for another kiss when Mani burst through the door. "Yes! I knew it! My otp is back together!" I rolled my eyes and hid my face into his chest while Simon just laughed. "She's so embarrassing." I groaned. "You have to admit, we are otp." I smacked him on the arm and stood up. "Where are you going?" He questioned with a sad look on his face. "I'm hungry. Come on."

I smiled and I grabbed onto his hand, together we headed out of the apartment with Mani filming us on her camera. "True love ladies and gents." She said before I shut the door on her.

We arrived at KFC and him and I sat down together. "Let's take things slow yeah?" I looked at him cautiously. "I don't want to rush into anything. I want us to take our time." I said slowly, taking a sip of my drink. "I agree." He grabbed my hand from across the table and kissed it. "I feel like things happened too fast." I admitted. He sat there chewing for a moment before looking at me. "When two people are meant to be together, who cares?" I smiled and mentally agreed with him.

We talked some more before I was basically falling asleep on him. "Let's get you home before you pass out."

I nodded and we drove back to my place, it was quiet and peaceful and my heart was full. "I love you, Simon." I whispered. "What happened to taking things slow?" He chuckled and kissed my lips. "I love you, Lily."

» » »

WHAT A HAPPY ENDING

don't worry the book isn't over, but it's close.

two more chapters i believe

here's the catch, if i write a sequel would you guys read it?

i don't wanna write something if it won't interest anyone

Song of the chapter: The One by Kodaline