Fifteen

But don't you run away, run away when you get tired
Cause this will slip away, slip away and start a fire

Josh texted me the next morning about fifty times asking what happened but I ignored all of them. I was upset and confused, and talking to Simon really put a damper on my mood even more so. I crawled out of bed and freshened up, walking outside and seeing Mani's door closed. I let out a sigh as I started to make myself breakfast, realizing that it was seven in the morning. I grabbed my plate and poured myself some tea, sitting at the table and scrolling through my Twitter.

@miniminter: I messed up. I was stupid.

@miniminter: Why won't you talk to me?

@miniminter: I just need to know you're okay.

The string of tweets made me even more upset. Where was all this caring when I tried to talk to him? I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my tea.

@withlovelily: If you want someone to stay in your life, you'd do anything to keep them there.

I went off Twitter and posted a picture of Mani and I from last night on Instagram. I was going through comments when Josh called. "What do you want?" I said slowly as I swallowed what was in my mouth. "For you to come over." I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair. "Not a chance Zerk." I picked up my empty plate and placed it in the sink, reminding myself to wash it before Mani woke up. "Lily don't do this. Whatever happened between you two, you can fix it." I breathed out a sigh. Did I want things fixed? I was sort of fed up about everything at the moment, my mind was fogged up and I just wanted to forget about what happened. "Thanks for trying to help but if he really wants to talk to me, he'll find a way."

I hung up and washed the dish, heading back to my room and laying down in my bed. I looked down when I got a text from Cal but I didn't read it. I didn't want to talk to any of the boys however I did need to talk to someone.

» » »

I stood at the airport with my small luggage in hand, searching for my gate number. I texted Mani letting her know where I was and where I was headed. I needed to see my mom. She was the only person who could make me feel better at a time like this. I stood waiting at my gate for an hour before the plane began boarding, where I got into my seat and drifted off to sleep.

When I landed, my brother Christian picked me up, wrapping me up into a tight hug and smiling. "Why didn't Mani come with you?" Hearing his voice made me smile. "She decided to hang back. I need to talk to mom about something." He raised an eyebrow as we both got into his car. "You couldn't do it over the phone?" I giggled before shaking my head no. "Oh shut up." I nudged him as we whizzed passed the busy streets of Chicago. "The family's missed you. How has London been?" I leaned back in my seat with my eyes glued to the cars driving beside us. "Okay I guess." He seemed stunned by that answer because he looked at me with wide eyes. "You're in London for crying out loud and all you can say is, okay I guess?" I realized soon after that he had a point.

I was in one of the most amazing cities in the world, and I was focusing more on boy drama than anything else. I didn't go there for friends, I went there for work, for YouTube. I stayed silent on the way to the house, my family lived in a suburb about an hour away from Chicago. Used to be a farming town until they knocked down all the land and put in gas stations and fast food restaurants. I looked at the big, white colored house and softly smiled to myself. "I missed this." I whispered as I got out of the car quickly. "Mom?" I walked in to hear meowing and I giggled. "Hey Romeo." I picked him up and cuddled him in my arms as I walked into the kitchen.

My mom was standing in the kitchen baking apple pie while my brother was sitting at the kitchen table with homework sprawled out across it. "Hey bro." I set Romeo down and hugged Alex before going to my mom and kissing her cheek. "I was surprised to hear you were coming for a visit, you usually don't do anything so last minute." I sat at the table and pulled my knee up to my chest, watching Alex as he started to write down things in a notebook. "I missed home." I admitted and I wrapped my sweater around me tightly. "Well home missed you. Now why isn't Mani here?" I sighed. "I didn't tell her I was going until I had gotten on the plane." I bit my lip and looked at my mom. The look on her face said it all.

"You mean you just got up and left?" I nodded slowly as she wiped her hands on a towel and motioned for upstairs. "Come on, the pie is in the oven. Let's talk."

» » »

I told her everything, not leaving a single detail out, told her how I felt and what I was thinking. I didn't let her talk and she didn't interrupt me. She sat in silence while my throat started to feel dry. "You're scared." She started off and I leaned forward to look at her. I was laying in her bed and so was she. "I'm scared? Of what?" She started to file her nails and she took a moment to look at me. "You're scared of being with him. You're scared that there might actually be something there, you're scared that something could happen between you two. You're scared that he'll hurt you." I processed what she had just said to me and I shook my head. "You're wrong I'm not scared." I defended, crossing my arms after sitting up.

"Then why are you here and not there trying to talk things out with him?"

• • •

This is actually a favorite chapter of mine so far.

Anyway we'll get to see a little bit into Mani and Lily's family in the next couple of chapters.

Thoughts?

Song of the chapter: Tell Her You Love Her by Echosmith (acoustic)