CHAPTER F I V E

so baby pull me closer in the backseat of your rover

C R U S H

Imani and I had been spending so much time with the boys that even fans were starting to notice. We didn't have many friends here and we had gotten along with the boys so well, neither of us really noticed much. But the constant questions on our social medias about how we knew them was starting to get to us. It left both Imani and I feeling anxious and created an atmosphere that wasn't pleasant in the house.

It was because of this that we had gotten into a fight and she had disappeared into her room. I was feeling overwhelmed and anxious and so I called the only person I knew would be a breath of fresh air.

I called Simon.

He didn't hesitate to tell me he would pick me up, we'd go for a drive to get my mind off of it and for that I was really thankful.

He picked me up in his Range Rover and we drove around for awhile before he needed to fill up the car. We sat in the car with soft music playing in the background, he was staring at me and had been since he stopped the car.

"You two are sisters, it's normal for you guys to fight," he ran a hand through his hair and fixed his glasses. "but I think you need to apologize and move on." I looked at him for a minute and glared. "I shouldn't have to apologize for anything. I didn't do anything wrong." I said defiantly, crossing my arms and staring out the window in anger. "Are you sure about that? Are you sure you didn't say anything equally as mean?" He asked, leaning over the center console. I thought about it for a moment and sighed. "She's not the only one going through it. I'm overwhelmed too. Neither of us have had to deal with something like this, it's all new." I admitted. "I know and I'm sorry that us hanging out is just fueling everything." He said softly. "But you are her older sister, seeing you like that probably made her feel bad." He advised. I looked out the window again and bit my lower lip as I thought deeply about it. "You're right. I'll talk to her when I get home."

A nice silence settled between us. That was one of the reasons I liked being around him. Neither of us had to say anything, it was always comfortable even with the quiet.

"I don't want to come off as rude or anything," He started to say. "because this is simply just a question but why'd you call me?" We looked at each other and I panicked.

Why did I call him?

Any other time I would've just handled it on my own. I would've left Imani alone and I would've just tried to distract myself with a movie or reading and then apologized.

It didn't hit me until I had thought about it.

I shrugged and looked away from him quickly. "I trust you the most." I admitted and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Okay." He said with a smile before we pulled away and drove off into the night again.

Him not saying anything more left me feeling a bit dumb. He could've said anything and that was it? I tried not to let it sink in that I was a bit upset at that, and Simon didn't seem to notice the look on my face.

I pushed those thoughts away as he drove off again, around in circles just to pass the time. When he finally dropped me off at my place it was close to midnight and I felt myself not wanting to leave the car.

"Thank you by the way." I heard him say, making me look in his direction. "For what?" I questioned him. "For trusting me." He replied to me softly. I eyed him for a moment and felt my cheeks get hot. "Oh." I said quietly. "Well it's not a problem." I said with a small laugh. "Thanks for the ride." I whispered, putting a hand on his arm.