CHAPTER F O U R

oh, she's so bright
I can't believe my eyes

S U N S H I N E

I went through the basket about three times before calming myself a bit. "I have the blankets packed in JJ's car." Imani said to me as I packed another water bottle. "The rest of the boys are gonna meet us there." She said as she helped me with the basket. "You packed everything. Stop stressing." She said with a laugh. "I'm not stressing, just wanna make sure there's enough for everyone." I said with a sigh.

Imani and I had invited the boys out for a picnic since the weather was for once, really nice. They had taken us all over London to touristy places and hidden gems. Invited us to numerous parties and had even been in some of our vlogs. We wanted to do something nice to pay them back for being good friends.

It was an idea that some of the boys were not fond of but I told them they could bring whatever they wanted to keep themselves occupied and I promised to bring good food. I made a lot of sandwiches, made a bunch of cookies and other snacks, packed some healthy options in there as well, all in all everything didn't fit in the basket we had, I had to have a separate bag for everything else. "Come on we can't be late to our own hangout." My sister said as she nudged me gently.

"Right behind you."

Of course after getting everything nicely set up, the boys wanted to play around with a football. I had sat down eating some apple slices when I noticed the sun being blocked. Looking up I saw Simon, somehow he was always around like this. "Come play." He said with a laugh, handing his hand out to me. "I don't know how to play." I replied hesitantly, hearing the boys behind him yelling for me to come play. "I'll teach you, I'm pretty good." He commented, his hand still out.

I grabbed onto it lightly, a blush creeping onto my cheeks. Maybe just maybe we had gotten closer but it didn't mean in a romantic way as some other people had brought up to me and by other people mostly Imani and Freya.

Simon and I were just friends, nothing more.

"Go easy on me!" I yelled to the boys as I followed Simon who looked at me closely. "You'll be fine, I'll protect you." He squeezed my hand and I hadn't even realized I was still holding onto it. I let go quickly and cleared my throat, nodding my head as Harry ran up to me.

It was nice having everyone all together. Lately everyone had been in different places and doing their own thing, of course the boys spent most of their time together but still.

Imani and I had been busy with our own filming schedule and getting things finished up back home too. There was also a lot of legal things here we needed to get sorted. But now that everything had settled down, I was looking forward to how things were going to continue.

"Alright we're splitting up into teams. I'm a captain and so is Tobi." Simon said loudly. "JJ come with me." Simon said quickly which was followed by JJ screaming on the top of his lungs. Freya had to tell him to calm down. I stood between Ethan and Vikk and looked directly at Simon, he'd pick me right? "I pick Ethan." Tobi followed up by looking at me with a smile.

Before I knew what was happening I was last which was not how I thought it was going to go. "You all suck." I mumbled and when Tobi waved me over to his team I felt a little disappointed although I wasn't sure why.

» » »

"So Simon's team won, by cheating though so in reality we're the real winners." I said into my camera. Ethan walked next to me and kept laughing at Tobi who was yelling at Josh for not playing the right way.

The boys played another round of football while Imani, Freya, and I decided to cheer from the sidelines.

We were enjoying ourselves and laughing at the boys who were falling one by one when two elderly women walked by. "Watching the boyfriends play. We used to do that when we were your age too." One of them said brightly. I glanced out the side of my eye to see Freya trying not to laugh. "I am not dating any of them." Imani said with some disgust on her face. I nudged her harshly and looked up at the two women. "We thought it was a good day for it." I said as the two of them smiled.

"Which one is yours?" The other woman asked me and I froze for a moment. "That one." Freya answered for me, pointing to Simon. "She's just kidding." I said quickly adding a laugh to lighten the situation. The two elderly ladies decided we had been enough entertainment for them and I glanced at Freya who was giggling. "I couldn't help it." She said as she grabbed my arm. "Don't tell me you haven't noticed." She said suddenly, catching me off guard. "Notice what?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"She definitely hasn't noticed." Imani said with a sigh.

I looked between them both but couldn't say much else because Josh had ran over to Freya for water. I sat there in my own world for a moment or two to when the boys one by one made their way back. Simon took a seat next to me and I handed him a cookie. "Did you make them?" He questioned as he looked at it suspiciously. "Yeah so eat it." I said back with sass.

He smirked and took a bite, nodding his head with approval as he leaned close to me. "You okay?" He asked and I looked at him confused. "Yeah. Why?" I asked almost defensively.

"Your face is really red." Simon whispered.

Damn.

• • •

this chapter was rewritten on july 19th, 2021

song of the chapter: televised by hunny