Nineteen

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
And others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know it's true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Running my fingers through my hair I rolled out of bed, my feet coming in contact with the floor. I rubbed my eyes and glanced at my phone to see a few messages from Simon. "What's this about a date?" I asked into the phone once he answered. "I'm taking you out on a date, a proper first date. Dress casually." I smiled and told him I'd be ready to go in an hour. "What are the plans for today?" Mani asked as she burst through the door into my room. "I have a date with Simon." I smiled as I headed for my closet. "Ooh a date? It's about time. Where's he taking you?" I shrugged. "Not sure, he said it was a surprise."

After getting ready and dressed into a pretty sundress, I made my way to the front door after hearing a couple of knocks. "Wow, you look gorgeous." Simon grabbed onto my hand and I waved to Mani. "I'll see you later." I said to her before she shut the door behind me. "So where are we going?" I questioned but he just smiled. "You'll see." Getting into the car we drove for only a short amount of time to a park. "I'm confused." I said as he made me get out of the car.

I saw him go into the trunk and pull out a blanket and a picnic basket, I could feel my smile getting bigger. "I watched a video of yours the other day, you said that a picnic would be the perfect first date and that no guy has ever done that so, I thought I would."

We walked to find a good spot to sit down at, he laid the blanket down and set the picnic basket on top. "You thought of everything." I said as I sifted through the basket. "I wanted this to be perfect." He said with a chuckle as I sat down next to him. "This is perfect. Thank you." I glanced at him and saw he was already looking at me. "What?" He grabbed my hand while his eyes never looked away from mine. "You make me happy."

We continued on our date, eating and talking and overall just enjoying our time together. I even vlogged a bit of it. "You ready to go?" He asked and I shook my head and snuggled next to him. "Can't we just stay here?" I whined while he stood up. "I wish, come on love." He held out his hand and helped me up, we walked to his car together when a certain blonde was approaching us. "Victoria? Hey.." He nervously laughed as she giggled. "Hey Si. Lily right?" I nodded slowly and faked a small smile. "Hi." I mumbled before glancing at Simon, his hand resting on my waist.

"How are you?" She asked, her blue eyes glancing between the two of us. "I'm good, we're good. Actually I have to get home and film soon so if you don't mind." She shook her head and held her hand up. "No worries. I know how busy you are." I got into the passenger side of the car and cleared my throat.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows as he started the drive for my house. "Nothing." I kept quiet for a few more seconds before opening my mouth. "I'm sorry I just, are you two friends or something? You guys talked so casually to each other." He just laughed as he pulled in front of my apartment. "We're friends but nothing more. I got you. Now go get a bag so I can bring you back to my house." He kissed my hand and I smiled. "I can't, I told Mani I'd edit." He pouted and started to do the puppy dog eyes, making me laugh. "I guess I could convince her." I whispered before rushing inside and straight into my apartment. I frowned when I realized that Mani wasn't even in the apartment, I shrugged and grabbed a bag to take back to the Sidemen house.

» » »

"Isn't it time you filmed?" I asked Simon who was laying down next to me. "I can do that later. Now shush." He dug his face into the crook of my neck which made me blush. "You work yourself too hard." He laughed and glanced up at me. "I do it for them. You're way worse." I smiled and laid my head on his chest, our fingers intertwining. "You manage to always make me feel so calm and relaxed." I shut my eyes and breathed deeply. "I'm glad." He rubbed circles with thumb on my back, making me fall asleep.

When I woke up it was morning and Simon was no longer next to me. Instead he sat the computer, editing per usual. "Morning." I said softly, yawning as I stood up. "Hey love. Let me just finish editing this video and we can head out for breakfast." I nodded and freshened up before walking towards the stairs but not before noticing the door to Vik's room wide open.

I peeked inside and saw Mani laying on the bed, I covered my mouth before I looked around, when I didn't see anyone I walked up to her and shook her awake. "What the hell are you doing here?" She sat up quickly and held her head. "What?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Are you hungover?" She kept her mouth shut and then got out of bed quickly, running to the bathroom. "Seriously?" I followed her into the bathroom and kept the door closed, holding her hair out of her face.

"You didn't tell me you went out last night." I pointed out, handing her a towel. "I was kind of in the middle of something." She groaned and sat against the wall, her eyes closed. "Did you sleep with him again?" She opened one eye and shook her head. "Not that I remember." I sighed and opened the door, leaving her there to groan and whine. I went downstairs and saw Vik and Josh in the kitchen, attempting to cook. "This is a lot harder than it looks." Josh whispered seriously while I just watched in awe. "Where did you guys go last night?" Vik looked at me and frowned. "What do you mean?" I cocked my head to the side and crossed my arms. "Seriously? Why is Mani hungover and throwing up in the bathroom?" Vik set his cup down and turned to me. "She called me last night while I was filming. She went out with Caspar and JJ."

I turned around when Simon appeared in the doorway, wearing a sidemen pull over. "Are you guys cooking?" Josh backed away from the stove. "Attempting to." He cursed underneath his breath and turned to look at Simon and I. "Do you mind if we come with you to breakfast?" I smiled while Simon on the other hand shook his head. "No, absolutely not." I pushed him and turned back to the boys. "Of course you guys can come." They went upstairs to get ready while I stayed in the kitchen and cleaned up a bit. Simon watched me before grabbing my arm gently and pulling me towards him. "Why'd you invite them?" I laughed and kissed his cheek. "We can be alone together later."

"I'll be looking forward to that."

• • •

I hit a slight writers block but I managed to put this chapter together.

Now off to do last minute homework that I forgot to do yesterday lol

Song of the chapter: Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts