Twenty

See you had a lot of crooks try to steal your heart
Never really had luck, couldn't never figure out how to love

"Thanks for watching and we'll see you soon!" Mani and I looked into the camera and smiled widely, stopping the camera and leaving the office. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple then a kitchen knife and a piece of paper towel. It had been about a week since the date with Simon, we have been talking almost everyday and he calls me every morning to see how I'm doing. I still got this butterfly feeling every time I talked to him. "Want one?" I offered Mani a slice of apple but she turned it down. "Not hungry." She said with a groan. "What's wrong?" I looked at her with concern, setting the knife in the sink. "I've been feeling so nauseous lately." I frowned and poured a cup of water for her. "Here, why don't you go lay down. I'll edit." She nodded and grabbed the drink from my hand, walking into her bedroom.

I sat in the office for a couple of hours, editing and uploading our newest video. I sunk into the computer chair and stretched out, my hair falling into my face. "I seriously don't feel good." Mani said walking in, sitting down on the floor. "I've been craving pickles all freaking day." I laughed and glanced at her. "Maybe it's your period." I stated while sitting up in the chair, she looked at me while shaking her head. "I wish, I'm two weeks late." It didn't click for her so when I was staring at her wide eyed she just looked at me confused. "Mani, did you just say you're two weeks late?" She nodded and got up from the floor. "What about it?" She walked out and I followed her into her bedroom. "What do you mean what about it? Mani think about this for a second. You're two weeks late, you're having cravings, you're nauseous."

The look on her face was one of mere boredom, I grabbed her by the shoulders. "There's a huge possibility you're pregnant!" That changed everything really quick. "What?" Her face fell and she sat on the bed. "I can't be pregnant, I'm only twenty, I've got so much left to do." I ran a hand through my hair and paced back and forth. "Who was it?" She bit her lower lip and laughed nervously, staring down. "I don't know." I stopped pacing and turned to face her. "What do you mean, you don't know? How do you not know? How many guys have you slept with?" She stood up with her hands on her hips. "Look, I'm a girl and have needs, there's been a few." I gaped at her before crossing my arms. "Who?" I asked sternly and she sighed. "Well there was that one time with Vik and then when you left for home I slept with Chris and then there was Caspar.."

"Woah, wait a minute. You slept with Caspar?" She shrugged and sat back down. "We were drunk." I rolled my eyes and rushed out of the room, grabbing a coat and then grabbing hers. "What are you doing?" I opened the front door and fake smiled. "We're getting you a pregnancy test hon, now come on."

» » »

"These have been the longest minutes of my life." My heart was racing and I was standing in the bathroom with Mani who was sitting on the counter. "There's a chance it'll be negative right?" She glanced at me and I didn't have the heart to tell her no so I nodded instead. We ended up getting four different tests, just to be safe. "It's done. You look." Mani hopped off the counter and pushed me towards the sink. "Okay okay." I pushed her hands off me and walked to the counter, taking a deep breath and looking down at the little white, plastic sticks. "Wow." I breathed out and Mani took a step towards me. "What does it say?" She looked nervous and afraid, like she was scared to come near me. I smiled softly.

"You're pregnant."

I called Simon quickly and after telling him the situation he said he'd be right over with Josh and Freya. I had to comfort Mani while she laid crying on the bathroom floor. She was terrified. "I can't be pregnant, I just can't." I took a deep breath and held her tightly, letting her cry. Eventually I moved her to her bed and tucked her in, after she fell asleep there was a knock at the door. "Hey." I said after opening the door. "Where is she?" Freya asked and I pointed to the door. "Sleeping, she's pretty overwhelmed." I sighed and sat down on the couch, running my hands through my hair. "Does she know who the father is?" Josh asked as he stood by her door. "No idea. There's three possibilities." They looked at me with jaws down to the floor. "Three? Who?" Simon asked and I laughed bitterly. "Vik, Chris, and Caspar."

The room fell silent and it was beginning to get uncomfortable. "What am I supposed to do?" Freya sat down next to me. "We'll make her an appointment to see if she's actually pregnant, you never know. They could be false positives, all four of them.." Josh shook his head and sat opposite of us. "No way, we already know she's pregnant. We need to find out who the father is and whether or not she's going to you know, keep it." I looked at him stunned. "Why wouldn't she?" Simon cleared his throat. "Lily, she isn't you. This is Mani we're talking about." I looked at him and let the words register. "You don't think she would just give it away or something?" Simon shrugged and I turned to look at Freya and Josh who were avoiding eye contact. "She can't take care of a child, and I sure as hell cant help her." I said truthfully.

"She isn't ready." I breathed out and Simon walked over to me, sitting down next to me and pulling me into his arms. "We'll figure this out." Freya nodded and put a hand on my arm. "Thanks guys."

• • •

Ooh who is the father? We'll find out soon, it's kind of a short chapter but I'm tired so for now this is it!

Song of the chapter: How To Love by Lil Wayne