Twenty Seven

She makes me laugh, she makes me smile
And I could hang out with her all day and night
She makes me laugh, she makes me cry
And I would like to be with her for awhile

I woke up early and rolled over to see Mani laying down next to me. I frowned for a second before noticing her stomach peeking out from her t-shirt. She was beginning to show and sooner or later she would have to tell our fans. I was nervous for that day to come. I felt guilty for not keeping a tighter leash on her but she's a big girl, I couldn't protect her forever.

I slowly crept out of the room and started to cook breakfast, and of course knocking came from the front door, I didn't need to look to see who it was. "Hey boys." I said with a smile as I opened the door wider for all of them to pile inside. "I smell breakfast!" JJ yelled and I rolled my eyes as I went back to cooking. "Be quiet will you? Mani is still sleeping." I sent him a glare and then turned to the stove when the door to my bedroom opened. "Not anymore." She yawned and Simon got off the stool to let her sit. "Thanks." She mumbled. "Can I help?" Simon asked and the boys laughed. "You want to help cook?" Josh questioned before laughing again. "Yes, I can cook." He said matter of factly and I just smiled at him. "I mean sure, just don't burn the apartment down."

We finished cooking and let everyone serve themselves, Cal and Harry ended up coming by shortly after. "So Mani, when's your next appointment?" Cal asked and she shrugged while staring at her pancakes. "A couple of weeks." She said quietly and Cal glanced at me. "You excited?" He asked her but she just shrugged. I looked over at her when I felt Simon put his hand on mine. His eyes told me
everything he wanted to say but couldn't, I looked back at Mani and frowned. She was terrified of being a mother, she could hardly take care of herself honestly. "I'm excited." I stated. Her eyes went wide and she looked at me. "Really? You are?" I nodded slowly. "Of course, I'm going to be an aunt again, how exciting is that?"

She seemed to be more relaxed after that, I made the boys clean up in the kitchen while I laid on the couch. "We should get some ice cream." Harry stated and Simon looked at him funny. "It's the middle of October, you must be crazy." I grabbed onto Simon's arm and smiled. "I could go for some ice cream." JJ groaned. "For fucks sake! I just sat down." He threw his hands up in frustration and I helped him up. "Come on please? For me?" Letting out a sigh we all piled into cars and drove off to the nearest ice cream shop. I walked up to the glass case full of different flavors and bit my lower lip to concentrate on what I wanted. "Don't bite your lip." Simon whispered to me and I grew confused. "Why not?"

He leaned in closely and smirked. "It's sexy and I won't be able to help myself." I blushed massively and turned to look at him. "Desperate much?" I winked and went back to looking at the flavors, when we all finally ordered we sat down in the corner as JJ started to make fun of Josh. "JJ be nice!" I scolded and he pouted. "You're such a mum." Josh commented. "Speaking of mums," JJ began and we all looked at him hesitatingly. "mine is throwing Deji a birthday party." I glanced at Simon as I thought back to that night at the house, the way we were back then was unbelievable. "Are we invited?" Cal asked excitingly. "Unfortunately." JJ let out a sigh and rolled his eyes. "Hey! Who paid for your ice cream?" Simon pointed his spoon in JJ's direction and he shut up. "Exactly." I nudged Simon playfully and turned to the rest of the group, JJ pouting as he shoved ice cream into his mouth.

» » »

"You should stay over tonight." Simon whispered to me. I giggled as he pulled me closer to him. "I can't. Mani's waiting for me." I looked up at him and kissed his cheek. "Mani can manage on her own. She's a big girl." I smiled and turned my attention back to the tv. We laid in his bed, tangled into each other with my head rested on his chest. I felt warm and comfortable and safe, I didn't want to leave. But Mani needed me at home and I didn't want to leave her alone. "I have to go." I whispered as his blue eyes stared into mine. "I don't want to let you go." He said seriously, pecking my lips. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?" He sighed and we crawled out of bed. He dropped me off at home and I walked into the apartment, the aroma of cookies bringing a smile to my face.

"Hey. It's late why are you still up?" I asked her, stealing a cookie from the plate on the counter. "Got bored, couldn't sleep." She winced a bit and I grew increasingly worried. "You okay?" I walked over to her and tried to get her to look at me. "I'm fine, just having a bit of cramps. It's normal." She tried to smile but it faltered and I shook my head. "We should take you to get it checked out still." I persuaded but she shook her head and went back to putting the cookies on a cooling rack. "Mani please? It'll make me feel better." Mani sighed and started to wince from pain again. "Come on, I'm taking you to get checked out."

I didn't know what to expect in all honesty, I just knew that she needed to get checked, it would help me sleep better at night.

Sitting in the waiting room made me nervous, the doctor came in and told me he wanted to run some tests and that he would prefer if I wasn't there. I bit my lower lip and sighed, running my hands through my hair as my eyes started to close. "Lil?" My eyes opened and I saw Simon standing there with Vikk. "Hey guys. What are you doing here?" Simon sat down next to me and kissed the top of my head. "We figured you could use some company." Vikk sat down next to Simon and we sat in comfortable silence until a couple of hours had gone by, I tried to talk to anybody who would listen but they all told me that Mani was okay but they needed more time.

We had to wait over three hours before I noticed to doctor approaching us and the look on his face was not one of good news.

• • •

I FINALLY GOT THIS CHAPTER UP
i've been so busy with college apps & homework but yeah hopefully i can get back into a good schedule

anyway be a doll and look at my other stories, it'd mean a lot my loves!

Song of the chapter: She Makes Me Laugh by The Monkees