Thirty Two

Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man
You made my heart break and that made me who I am
Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now
Well, I, I'm all the way up
I swear you'll never get me down

"You okay?" Tobi asked and I shrugged. "I guess." I looked out the window and I could hear him sigh. "I'm not Simon." He said lowly and I grew increasingly confused. "I'm not an idiot. I'm not oblivious. I know you're hurt by him finding someone new." I stared down at my lap and shook my head. "That's the thing, I'm not. I'm more upset that he's angry at me. I told him to move on from me, I told him to find someone better. I don't have a right to get angry." I fired back quickly, looking at Tobi as he stopped the car. "You did what you needed to do. You shouldn't have to apologize for getting better." His words left a mark on my brain even when I got out of the car and inside.

Mostly because I knew he was right.

Also because he knew I lied when I told him I didn't care. I did, I cared a lot however I wasn't going to let that show, I wasn't going to say anything. Not even to Mani who would kill me for keeping anything from her. If Simon was happy who was I to step in the way of that? I threw my shoes in the corner of the room and plopped down on my bed before deciding to take a bath to calm me down. I plopped in a bath bomb from lush once the water filled and I slipped in, putting music on full blast. I looked at the wall ahead of me and took deep breathes to calm me down but even then it didn't stop the tears from falling.

I don't think I had cried so much in the last year I was gone, London had this effect on me,

Simon had this effect on me.

I stopped crying and got out of the bath just in time for Mani to come stumbling in. "Hey, where'd you go? I was looking for you. Tobi said you ran out." She looked at me worried and I wrapped a towel around my body. "I was just tired." I smiled at her and pulled my hair out of the bun it was in. "Have fun?" I changed the subject for fear she would press about what happened. "Of course! By the way, Chris is coming tomorrow, I seriously don't mind going somewhere else if you don't want to be bothered." I rolled my eyes and smacked her arm lightly. "Don't worry about me. I told you, just have fun." I smiled and watched her turn around and walk out of my room.

Couples. Ugh.

» » »

I ran a hand through my hair as we all sat around the table. The tension was high as I sat on one side of the table while Simon and his new girlfriend sat on the other. It was silent for awhile and I was starting to grow annoyed. Eventually the chatter started to pick up and I was lost in a sea of different conversations. "Did you miss being in London?" Vik asked me and I shrugged. "I guess. I mostly missed all of you." I admitted and I heard a scoff coming from Simon's direction. I ignored it, I didn't want to stoop down to his level. Instead I busied myself with the conversation. "A year is a really long time. I didn't plan for being away for so long." Josh turned to me with a frown. "What do you mean?" He asked and I shrugged. "I just thought I'd be able to figure things out quicker." I sipped on my lemonade as JJ showed me something on his phone.

"We should get you Tinder. You look like you could use a date." He laughed and I joined, rolling my eyes. "No thanks, I'm not finding love on an app." Mani's eyes lit up. "But it's such a good idea! Imagine falling in love with someone from there. How romantic." She glanced at Chris who was sitting next to her. "I'm good." I let out, my eyes connecting to my drink again. "Yeah, I wouldn't bother. She's not good with relationships." The way he said it made me want to stab a fork into his eye. I sat there for a moment processing what he said before looking back up at him. "I do relationships, ours was just a lost cause." Alexa glanced between us before frowning.

"Wait you two dated?" Simon's face turned red from anger as he looked at me. "Unfortunately." He whispered, glaring at me. "It wasn't unfortunate when you were begging me to take you back." I don't know what came over me but I was pissed. I just wanted to have a nice time with my friends, why'd he have to go and be a dick? Now was not the time. But it was too late, I couldn't take anything that I said back. "I don't want you back, I didn't back then either." He leaned back in his chair and I scoffed. "Okay Simon, say whatever you want." I rolled my eyes and shifted in my chair uncomfortably.

"I don't need your permission to say what I please. Truth is I never loved you, why would I care if you left?" I could see him roll his eyes and move away from Alexa before getting up from his chair. "This is all bullshit. I can't pretend to like you and I'm sure as hell am not going to try and get along with you for the sake of it. I don't want you here, things were better when you were in LA." At this point I didn't realize I was standing too. "You think I like being here? Everywhere I go I'm remind of the fact that I actually wanted to be with you! I hate you, I hate everything that ever happened here and if I could move back to LA I would in a heartbeat but my life doesn't revolve around you Simon, it never has. My friends are here and I'm not going to abandon that just because you don't like it."

"If you hated it so much why didn't you leave sooner? Why didn't you decide to break up with me sooner rather than later? Why are you acting like such a victim? You left! You're the one who decided you couldn't take it anymore. I was stuck here, I couldn't just get up and leave, I was trapped being reminded every single fucking day that you and I happened. I can't believe I wasted all of that time and energy into you. It wasn't worth it." He stared at me for the longest time and crossed my arms.

"You're so full of it. I left because I had to! Staying would've made things worse. I needed to leave to better myself but you're too selfish to see that! You're too selfish to understand that sometimes things don't go the way you plan. I left for you, for us! Forget this, forget trying to explain anything to you. I'm done trying to save whatever it is that's between us. I'm tired and I hate you for making my life a living hell." I grabbed my stuff and shook my head.

"Have fun with you're new girlfriend. I hope she isn't a waste of time for you too."

» » »

Damn.

That's literally all I have to say.

Song of the chapter: Shout Out To My Ex by Little Mix