Eleven

But our house gets cold when you cut the heating
Without you to hold I'll be freezing

"You should talk to him." Josh sat across from me with Freya next to him, their fingers intertwined with each other's. "I did." I said with a huff before leaning back into my chair. We went out for dinner, Josh, Freya, Mani and I. Josh was trying to convince me to talk to Simon again and this time without an attitude. "Why do I have to be the one to talk to him? He was the one being the asshole." Freya let out a laugh before sighing. "He's stubborn, all the boys are." She glanced at Josh who just looked away sheepishly. "He's acting weird. I think he's keeping something from me." Josh cleared his throat and went to stand up but Freya pulled him back down again. "What's going on?"

I looked at him before he shook his head. "Oh come on Josh, keeping secrets is mean." Mani said while leaning across the table. "I can't say anything, I promised Simon I wouldn't." I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my pasta as I looked over at him again. "You guys are the reason I have migraines." My phone went off and I looked at it, seeing Cal's name flash on the screen. "He wants to take you out again?" I looked at Mani who was looking over my shoulder. "Who wants to take you out again? Cal?" Freya winked and I let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, he wants to take me out on another date."

I set my phone back down without replying which made the girls give me weird looks. "You aren't going to respond?" Mani asked with her eyebrows raised. "I don't think you should be seeing him." Josh spoke up, staring at his plate and picking at it. "And why is that?" I asked him curiously. "Because he isn't your type." I laughed (pretty loudly might I add) and looked at Josh like he was crazy. "How would you know what my type is?" He shrugged and dropped his fork, looking at me in the eyes with a serious expression which made me kind of scared. "Cal's a good guy, but you and him won't last. You know that. I know you know that. Everyone knows that you don't actually have deep feelings for him." I was so used to Mani being the only person who was honest with me so having Josh practically lecture me made me sort of upset.

But he was right and I knew that. I liked Cal as a friend and here I was stringing him along thinking I had real feelings for him. I started to feel guilty, I was just so upset with Simon I was breaking Cal's heart. I sighed and looked over at Josh. "I hate you." He simply smiled and took another bite of his food. "Love you too."

» » »

I sat on my bed looking down at my phone, waiting for a reply from Cal who was picking me up so we could talk. "You look nice." I was dressed in comfy shorts and a t-shirt, I looked at Mani who sat cross legged on my bed. "Cal cares about you." I nodded slowly before he replied saying he'd pick me up.

When I sat down on the grass in front of a large tree, Cal sat close to me, making me feel his body heat. "What did you want to talk about?" I glanced at him before starting to pick at the grass. "I love spending time with you, you're such a nice guy and I can't believe how sweet you've been to me, but to be honest I don't deserve it." He looked at me confused before letting me continue. "I like you Cal but not in the way you want me to. I like being your friend." He nodded his head, seemingly taking in what I said to him.

"I knew you didn't like me in that way." He admitted with a sigh. "I was just hoping maybe I could change your mind. You're a great girl. You're pretty and smart and not to mention funny." I smiled at him and nudged him a bit. "I'm sorry." I said with my smile fading. "Don't be." We sat in silence for a moment, I listened to the cars drive by and the sound of the wind rustling the leaves in the trees.

"I suppose he told you." I stared at my shoes for a moment, shaking my head. "Told me what?" He paused and his eyes went wide for a second. "You mean you don't know?" I started to nervously laugh. "I have no clue what you're talking about. Who talked to me?" He ran a hand through his hair. "Simon, didn't he talk to you?" I just stared at him with a blank expression. "I guess not. Just forget about it okay?" That was easier said than done.

» » »

I looked in the mirror and smoothed out my dress, smiling a bit as I took a picture and posted it to Instagram. "Lily, are you ready?" I heard Mani yell from the living room. "Yeah yeah, calm down." I walked out and looked over at Mani who was shoving snacks into her purse. "You just ate like twenty minutes ago." I pointed out to her as I slipped my heels on. "Yeah and in thirty minutes I'll be hungry again." I rolled my eyes as a knock came from the door. "I'll get it." I mumbled.

We were invited to some party a couple of hours away, the boys getting invited too. "Hey guys." I smiled as I opened the door, revealing Josh and Freya, Vik, and JJ. "You guys ready?" Vik asked as his eyes landed on Mani. "Yeah, we're ready to go. This is so exciting." Vik smiled at Mani and the two of them walked out the door. "Looks like you're my date tonight." I took ahold of JJ's arm and he just smiled. "Don't know if I'm happy or scared about that." I laughed and the two of us shoved in Josh's car.

We got to the party and there were already a ton of people there. Flashing lights could be seen and loud dance music could be heard. We were in a garden of some sort, outside and underneath the stars. "Hey Lily!" I looked over and saw Tobi standing with Ethan. "Hey guys!" I hugged them both and then got jumped by Harry. "Hey Lily!" I smiled and wrapped my hands around the crazy guy. Cal came up to me and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, I smiled and leaned into him. "We should dance." Freya grabbed onto my arms and pulled me onto the dance floor, I shook my head but I eventually gave in.

I was able to break away from Mani and Freya for a moment, going over to our table that was empty at the moment. I grabbed the glass of water that was mine and sipped on it, setting it back down and moving the hair our of my face. I felt a pair of eyes on me and when I turned around, Victoria was approaching me. I hadn't even seen her or Simon since I had gotten there. "Hi." I said awkwardly while she took a seat. "Hey. Lily right?" I nodded and leaned against the table. "Such a cool party right? Simon is such a sweetheart for taking me to this." I nodded and sipped on more of my water. "You know truth is, I think I'm starting to fall in love with him." She let out a little giggle and I almost spit my water out.

"Is that right?" I faked a smile before turning around and disappearing into the ladies bathroom. "What are you doing in here? There's a kickass party out there." Mani put a hand on my shoulder and spun me around. "I'm not in the partying mood." I said truthfully but she just shook her head. "Come on." I sighed and nodded, grabbing onto her hand and following her out the door. "Hey where'd you run off to?" The music turned down lower and the group was standing by the table drunk. "No where important." The DJ grabbed the microphone and announced couples to join the dance floor.

Mani ended up asking Vik, Josh and Freya disappeared and the rest of the boys either magically found someone to dance with or went to the bathroom. I sat down and watched the couples begin to dance when I noticed someone standing next to me. "Care to dance?" I looked up at Cal and smiled. "Of course." I grabbed his hand and we walked into the middle of the dance floor, his hands on my waist, my arms around his neck. "Thanks for saving me." He chuckled. "Anything for you."

» » »

I was standing inside the nice, fancy building, getting a break from the chaos outside. It went back to a crazy dance party shortly after I danced with Cal. I stood by myself, casually glancing outside when Simon approached me. He looked good in his outfit but I'd never say that to his face. "You look nice." I glanced at him and nodded. "Thanks." I looked down at my heels that were pinching my feet but I didn't have the energy to take them off. "I'm sorry." I let that sink in before looking up at him. "I wish I could believe you."

• • •

How cute is Cal? Such a sweetheart. Anyone notice something weird with Vik and Mani?

Also why is Victoria still here? lol she needs to go.

Song of the chapter: Drunk By Ed Sheeran