Chapter 3

Niall wasn't surprised Louis was hanging out with Harry, again. They were best friends long before Niall even knew them. Niall was surprised to see Harry behind the counter at his work. He quickly ducked behind a table, and watched as Harry mixed drinks for people, before handing them over. He was working here?!

It had only been a day. He doesn't come in one day, and he has already been replaced.

"You weren't replaced." He heard behind him. He jumped, and quickly turned on his heel to face Lou.

"How did you..?" He asked confused. Louis rolled his eyes.

"You spoke out loud. Harry works here, now. He really needs the money. By the way, you're on stage today. Get ready." He instructed, before walking off.

Niall stood in place for a moment. He couldn't believe this. He felt his chest tighten each step he took to the stage. This wasn't fair; why must he be hated up there? What did he ever do to deserve this?

He grabbed the guitar, suddenly feeling insecure, and set up the stool and mic. He had wrote a new song a few days ago, when he found out Harry was back. He just poured his emotions out onto paper, and he created something beautiful.

My hands, your hands.
Tied up like two ships.
Drifting, weightless

He looked into the crowd as people started to crowd around the stage. Mostly teenage girls, though. He smiled at a couple of people here and there, making them squeal.

My heart, your heart
sit tight like book ends

pages, between us
written with no end

He glanced towards the bar, trying to catch the eye of Harry, but he had his back turned.

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you."
but I don't care, I'm not scared of love.
'Cause when I'm not with you, I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong, that you make me strong?

Harry finally turned around, and they instantly made eye connect. Niall almost forgot his next line. He took in a deep breath, before singing again.

People, always, trying to escape it
Move on to stop their heart breaking
But theres nothing I'm running from
You make me strong

His voice grew louder, and he felt his heart hammering in his chest. He felt Harry's eyes on him the whole time, but he didn't care. Harry knew this song was about him, and that is all that mattered.

So baby hold on to my heart, oh, oh
Need you to keep me from falling apart
I'll always hold on
'Cause you make me strong

He took in a harsh breathe, and blew it out as the next lines flew off his lips effortlessly.

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you."
but I don't care
i'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong?
That you make me strong.

He finished, and stood up to bow as everyone started cheering. He felt tears well in his eyes, and he tried to wipe them away before somebody saw. Sadly, he wasn't lucky.

"Did you write that song about someone?! You look sad!" A girl screamed.

Niall sent her a small smile, and cleared his throat. "Yes, but I am fine. Do not worry. Who wants another song?"

The cheered, and Niall went on to sing more songs. This time more happy songs.

The whole time he performed, Harry watched. He would stop to watch, and guilt built up in his chest. Harry caused Niall to be like this. Niall was a raging alcoholic. Harry watched Niall walk off the stage, and he made his way to the bar. Harry felt his breath hitch. Niall was still beautiful as ever. If possible, he had gotten even better looking.

His hair was messy, and almost all of it were brown. He had on a tight black v-neck, and skinny jeans that hung off his hips. Harry licked his lips, before adverting his gaze to the cup he was currently washing. As Niall neared, Harry quicked opened his mouth.

"Hi, Niall." He said quickly, nervously. Niall stopped shortly, and tensed up. His name fell off perfectly from his plump pink lips.

He gave Harry a side glanced, and only nodded before quickly rushing in the back. Leaving Harry standing there alone, feeling hurt, and more guilty then ever.

--

"He won't ever forgive me, will he?" Harry spoke into the phone. His voice quiet as he made his way into his crappy flat. Careful not to wake Bella.

"He will... he just needs time, I guess. Niall is stubborn, you know that. I guess its much worse now, though. He has changed a lot once you left."

Harry stayed quiet, and sunk down onto his sofa.

"He never moved on. He didn't let himself. Every time he was almost happy with someone, he forced himself to not be happy. He compared all of them to you. You really had an impact of his life, Harry." Lou sighed into the phone.

Harry let out a long sigh, and propped his head against the arm rest.

"I didn't take the break up easy, either. I went out to parties every night. Getting hammered, and waking up to strangers. Sometimes girls." He shuddered. When Harry would wake up next to a girl, naked, he felt so ashamed of his gay pride. He didn't like what girls had under their skirts, but that never stopped him when he was drunk.

"Okay, but that is what teenagers do. Niall started skipping school, sneaking beer, vodka, jack, anything to make him forget you. He doesn't even talk to his mum anymore!" Louis shouted, making him wince.

Harry sighed, "I know." he mumbled. "I have to go. I'll call you in the morning? Are you still coming over?"

"Yes, of course. I wouldn't miss it for world. Goodnight, Harry. Get some sleep!" Louis said, before hanging up.

Harry leaned back, pulling the blanket up to his chin. He cuddled into the pillow, before a quiet voice made him open his eyes.

"Daddy? Can I sleep with you?"

--

Dun dun dun...

I usually don't put lyrics up, but I thought it fit perfectly. Early update? Yes because I am feeling nice! :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter, and the little surprise at the end. ;)

I wasn't planning to do it, but I had too lol. I wanted both sides to be equally torn from the break up, and Harry sleeping around made him end up with a daughter. It will be explained soon! :)