Chapter 33

Two weeks after coming home from Ireland, Niall, Harry, and Bella moved into a bigger apartment. They surprised Bella with a The Lorax theme bedroom. It was her favorite movie, and they figured it would be perfect for her. She was in love with it. Malcom loved the extra space, there was even a patio he could lay on out in the sun. A day after moving in, Harry came home with a Calico kitten, and named her Butterfingers. Malcom, surprisingly, accepted her after a few sniffs.

A month after coming home from Ireland, Niall received a call from his mum saying his grandma passed away in her sleep. Niall spent three days hiding in his room. Locking out Harry, Bella, and even his friends. He turned off his phone, kept the TV running with the same movie playing over, and over again, but he made no move to get up and turn it off. He stared at the TV with a blank expression, and he even had the thought and urge to climb through his window and sneak off to a bar. But he didn’t because he had to be here for his family. He couldn’t give in to alcohol because he was feeling depressed.

“Niall?” A knock came from the door. He didn’t budge, and soon he heard a sigh from the door. “Niall, please come out…Our daughter misses you.”

A few tears slipped from Niall’s eyes, because holy shit he was being such a bad Dada. He furiously wiped them, and threw the blanket off of his body. “I’ll be out in a minute!” He shouts.

Harry smiled slightly, this was the first time in three days Niall has spoken. He heard the shower in their bedroom running, and walked back down to Bella who sat in the middle of the couch with Malcom and Butterfingers curled next to her. She had each hand placed on the animals head, and she stared straight at the TV.

“Dada is coming out soon.” He says, planting himself next to Butterfingers. He pets the kittens’ body as Bella looks at him, a wide smile plastered on her face.

“He is?!” She squeals, bouncing up and down as she sits. Harry nods, a grin fighting its way onto his face.

“But, Dada is very sad right now so be good, okay? He needs us right now.”

“Okay, Daddy. I promise I be good.”

They wait, both watching the movie but Harry isn’t paying attention. He’s just waiting for Niall to come down. He’s excited to see his boyfriend; it’s been three days. He hasn’t felt the warmth from his body, or looked into his eyes or kissed him in three days and he was craving the touch from him. He had been forced to sleep on the couch because Niall wouldn’t let him in.

He hears a door open, and then softly close behind him and he’s springing to his feet and racing to the stairs just as Niall comes down. He wraps his arms around Niall before he’s off the last step, lifting him in the air as he holds him tight against him.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Harry whispers in his ear. Niall sighs against him, wrapping his own arms around him and resting his head on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” He apologizes. Harry shakes his head, placing him on the ground but not letting go.

“Don’t say sorry.” He goes to kiss him, but a stomping from behind him makes him pull back and step away from Niall to look at the ground. Bella is standing behind them, a pout on her lips as her hands rest on her hip.

“Daddy, move! It my turn.” Harry laughs, side stepping Bella so she can give Niall a hug. He crouches down, just as she runs into his arms. “Dada! I miss you so much! You gone forever!” She gives him a kiss on the cheek as she continues to hug him.

“I missed you so much.” He says, lifting her from the ground as he stands. She pulls away, giving Niall a kiss on the lips before reaching for Harry. Harry moves closer, ready to take Bella from his arms but Bella wraps one arm around Harry and keeps the other around Niall. She pulls him closer, holding onto both as she smiles wide. Harry wraps an arm around them, giving a kiss to Niall as Bella squeals in the middle of them.