Chapter 21

This is a short update. But I just wanted to get something up.

--

"Will you come over?" Niall whispered into his phone. His heart thudded inside his chest, and he could feel it increasing.

"Yeah, I'll be right over." His deep voice came through the phone, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, it means a lot." Niall says, smiling at the wall.

"I told you, anytime." He chuckled, and ended the call.

Niall placed his phone on the arm rest of his couch, and curled into a ball, waiting patiently for the one person who could make him happy right now.

--

Three knocks sometime later sounded from the door. Niall jumped up, his hands slightly shaking from nervousness. He wiped the sweat that was gathering on his palms onto his jeans.

He walks slowly to the front door, and began to turn the knob as three more knocks came. He finally pulled it open, and smiled at the one person he wanted to see.

"Sorry, I was napping." He says, his voice quiet. "Where is Bella?"

Harry chuckles, lightly shaking his head. "She's at her mothers." He shrugs, walking pass Niall.

Niall follows him, and they sit next to each other on the couch.

"I'm surprised you called." Harry admits, nervously scratching his neck. Niall slowly nods his head.

"Yeah, well I didn't know who else to call." He lies, glancing at the table where Dan's number rests.

"Why did you call?" Harry questions.

"Uh, well.." Niall weighs his options of what to say, but before he could Harry asks another question.

"Why were you being a jerk to Louis?"

Niall sighs, regretfully. "I made a mistake and listened to someone... He just said it would help me.." He mumbles.

"Niall, you're twenty one, I think now you can make your own choices. You need to stop listening to other people; especially complete strangers you met in a rehab center."

Niall nods, agreeing with him. No words are spoken between the two boys, but no words are needed.

--

"So, Bella sees her mother now?" Niall asks around dinner time. They had ordered Chinese takeout since both boys were too lazy to cook.

"Sort of. Bella still isn't to fond of her and throws the biggest fit when I drop her off. It's just something she'll have to get used to I guess. As long as her mother wants to see her, that is."

Niall nods, taking it in. "Does she call Mackenzie mum?"

Harry laughs, loudly. "No way. Mackenzie told me Bella only speaks to her when she wants something. Thats only when she wants food."

Niall laughs too, imaging it in his head. "Thats funny, I wish I could see that."

Harry nods, agreeing. "She misses you. She's always asking when she can see you."

Niall smiles, "well, I'll have to visit her soon. I miss her, too."

Harry hums, nodding his head. "Maybe this Saturday. It would make her happy."

"Okay, I will."

--

"Hey, Harry." Niall stops him as he was about to leave. Harry turns toward him, stopping from putting his jacket on.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"How about... Friday night, you and I go and catch something to eat." He mumbles shyly.

"Like a date?" Harry smirks.

"Ye, - no! No!" Niall quickly shouts, his face turning red.

Harry doesn't seem fazed, if possible, his smirk widens. "Thats too bad, id like to go on a date with you."

Niall stares at him, his mouth agape.

"I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow night. I look forward to our... Date." Harry says, before pulling open the door and closing it behind him. Niall stares at the spot Harry was just standing, and all he wants to do is scream happiness.

--

Harry chuckles to himself as he makes his way to his car. He wanted to act like a teenager and jump around in happiness. He had no clue how he managed to stay so calm when Niall asked him out. He thanked his lucky stars for the control. He wanted to act like a girl and call his best mate and brag about it. But he was just so happy. It was a fresh start; he was getting a fresh start. Niall was letting him.

He pulled into the driveway that led to Mackenzie's boyfriends house, and parked the car. He left the door open as he made his way to the front door, with a wide smile. He knocked, and impatiently waited.

Finally, the door pulled open to reveal an older lady.

"Hello, you must be Harry." she stated, smiling at him.

"Yeah, I'm here for Bella?" he asked, confused.

"Come in, i'll go get her." Harry nods, following the lady inside the house.

"Where is Mackenzie?" he asks. She shrugs.

"Who knows. She's always running out somewhere."

"And she just leaves Bella with you? I'm so sorry." He quickly apologizes, feeling bad, but she waves him off.

"Don't be. Bella is such a kind young lady. You have raised her well, and I don't mind watching her."

Harry quickly thanks her, and gives her a smile. She rounds the corner, and then comes back a few seconds later with his daughter.

"Daddy!" She shrikes. "I've missed you so much!"

He takes her up into his arms, and chuckles. "Its only been a few hours." Bella shrugs her little shoulders, and yawns as she buries her face into his neck.

"Thank you for watching her." he thanks the lady again, before leaving.

"Bella, did you see your mum at all today?" he asks as he buckles her inside her carseat.

"No, and I no care."

"Its I don't care." He laughs lightly and pecks her cheek.

"Come on, lets get home."