Chapter 11

Just a filler chapter xx

--

"Harry? What the hell are you doing here?" Niall hissed, fuming. If his hands weren't filled, he would have punched Harry. Niall then noticed a bag in his hand. "What is that?" He asked, motioning his head towards the bag.

"Um, Louis asked me to bring this over." He stammered. "Well, more like forced...Can I talk to you?" He whispered.

"You already are." Niall snapped. Harry let out a sigh, and nervously scratched his neck.

"I meant inside. I...I need to clear things up, and I have some things to share with you." He fidgeted on the spot.

Niall sighed, and reculantly stepped back, opening his door wider for Harry to step through. He held his breath as Harry stepped inside, and past him. He closed the door, and leaned his forehead against it, letting his breath out. He took a minute to collect himself, before following Harry to the kitchen.

"Nice place you have here." Harry commented, sitting at the table, and petting Malcum.

"Cut the bullshit," He snapped, snatching the bag off the table and practically ripping the lid off the pain killers. "Explain yourself." Niall said, chugging down the pills with water. He watched Harry sigh, and play with his fingers. Something he did when he was nervous.

"I don't know where to start,-"

"You can start by explaining why you stood me up for dinner." Niall said, taking a seat across from Harry. Harry didn't meet his gaze, instead kept them on the table.

"Something happened last night...and I couldn't get out of it." He whispered.

Niall snorted, "That's all you're going to tell me?"

Harry sighed in frustration, and Niall watched a tear fall from his eye. "A year after I left, I went to a party, and I was completely smashed." He spoke, ignoring what Niall had said. "I...I followed a girl to a room, and we...we had sex."

Niall tensed, but his mind starting putting things in place.

"Three months later and she tells me she was pregnant. I didn't think the kid was mine, so we had a DNA test when she was born, and she was." He nodded to himself. "The girl and I never got together, but I helped raise my daughter. I remember just hearing her crying when she came out. The doctors cleaned her, and then they placed her in my arms, and I instantly fell in love with her." Harry was smiling, but then he frowned. "Until she was 7 months old, and the mother walks out saying she couldn't take care of a kid while she was only 19. She wanted to continue to party, and be young." Harry snorted, and his hands were now in fists.

"I have been raising Bella," Niall gasped, and his shoulders fell. He couldn't believe this, - was that Harry's daughter he watched? "By myself since she was only 7 months old, and last night...last night her mother shows up with her boyfriend saying she wants her daughter back. She's taking me to court, and Niall, I... I don't want to lose my daughter." Harry's voice had dropped into a whisper, and tears silently fell from his eyes.

Niall silently stood up, and made his way next to Harry. He pulled him into his lap, and let him cry.

"You'll win in court, and...and I'll help you. I promise."

--

Harry had stayed over that night. Niall slept on the couch, even though Harry told him to stay, but Niall simply told him he looked like he wanted to be alone. He only had a few extra hours of sleep before he was up and pacing around the apartment. He didn't know how he was going to help Harry, but the court shouldn't take his daughter away, right? Bella's mum hadn't even been there for her first birthday!

Niall groaned in frustration, and pulled at his hair. He didn't know what happened in court, he had never gone, or seen it on TV. He just knew he had to be there for Harry, no matter what happened.

It was around noon when Harry padded down the hallway, wearing no shirt, and only sweats pants that belonged to Niall. He yawned, startling Niall who wasn't facing the doorway. He turned around, dropping a pan in the process.

"Harry, Hi. Uh, hungry?" He stammered, trying not to let his eyes slide to Harry's chest.

Harry hummed, nodding. "I want you to meet Bella, properly this time." Harry spoke when Niall went back to cooking.

Niall nodded, "I'd like that...Maybe she can come over for lunch? Have Louis bring her over." Niall said, turning his head sideways to see Harry smiling wide, and nodding, already pulling his phone out.

It wasn't long before Louis, and Bella showed up.

"Hey, Ni." Louis greeted him, pulling him into a warm, long hug. When Louis let go, Harry gently took a hold of Niall's hand, and tugged him over to his daughter.

"Bella," Harry said, crouching down to her level, letting go of his hand in the process. "This is Niall...A special friend of mine." He smiled gently at Bella, and then turned his head towards Niall.

A smile spread across his face, and he crouched down as well. "It's nice to meet you, again, Bella."

"Hi Niall." Bella giggled, causing Harry to break out into a wide smile, and breathe a sigh of relief.

For now everything was good, but with Bella's mum in town, he knew soon everything would go downhill.

--

If you didn't see my post on my message board, updates are only coming on the weekends now. Its so I can make them longer since I'm busy through the weekdays.