Chapter 5

"Daddy? Can I sleep with you?"

Harry sat up, and turned his head towards the hallway where his daughter stood, clutching a teddy bear.

"Bella, what are you doing awake?" He whispered, watching his little girl climb onto the couch.

"Can't sleep. Miss you."

Harry smiled at his little girl, and pulled her onto his lap. He nuzzled her forehead with his nose, and sighed. "I miss you, too. But daddy has to work so we can eat, and live here."

"I know, daddy."

"How was Christy? Did she give you candy?"

He watched his little girl make a face, and shake her head. "No, bad girl. I don't want nap."

Harry chuckled lightly, "If you take your naps, I'll take you out this weekend, okay? Just us, and maybe uncle Lou."

Bella nodded, happily. "Okay, daddy. I'll nap."

"Good. Is Christy upstairs sleeping?"

Bella nodded, and cuddled into her fathers chest. She yawned, and closed her little eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.

--

Harry handed Bella to the babysitter, and gave Bella a kiss on the forehead. "I'll be home same time. I love you."

Harry waved, and smiled when Bella shouted 'i love you.' He walked quickly to the bus stop, hoping he didn't miss the bus, or he would be late. It was almost 5.

Luckily for him, he made it as the bus was pulling up. He boarded the bus, paid for his ticket, and sat in a seat way in the back, away from everyone. He stared out the window, his eyes floating across each building, person, and object as he passed. He was finally home, and he was glad. Being with his father didn't make him happy, and it obviously didn't make him forget what he left behind.

--

He arrived to work a little before 5. He clocked in, and made his way behind the counter. Jim's beer and chips was a good place for people to get together. He had only worked here 3 days, but he got along with everyone who came in.

Louis came over to him, giving him a side hug as he did.

"I won't be able to make it tonight. I have to stay late, and I'm sure you'll want to go home and sleep." Louis told him sadly. He was excited to meet Bella, his god daughter. Louis was so excited when Harry told him the news. He was an uncle.

"That's fine. Maybe this weekend? Bella is excited to meet you."

Louis smiled, and nodded. Then started naming off things he had already bought her, as Harry scanned the room in time to see Niall walk in. He watched Niall freeze when he looked over at them, and then he walked off towards the back room.

He furrowed his brows in confusion, and came back to reality to hear Louis finish his list.

"I'm sure she will love it." Harry smiled, and started cleaning some cups.

--

"Have you seen Niall? His shift started a few minutes ago." Louis asked, worriedly.

Harry nodded, "I seen him early. He headed toward the back room."

He watched Louis nod, and then walk off.

--

"Did you even card him? He doesn't even look old enough to drive!" Harry asked, shocked. What happened to this boy? He would never go near alcohol. Niall didn't answer him, which made him groan in frustration. He watched Niall turn away, and he immediately reached out and grabbed his arm, which was shook out of his grasp seconds later.

"I understand you don't want to talk to me, but we need to get along if we are going to be working together." He was lying. You didn't even need to like your coworkers to work here. He wanted to hear Niall's sweet voice, or hear him sing again.

His face fell slightly when Niall didn't answer him, but was quick to fade away when he nodded.

"Fine, but only for work." He said, before rushing away.

Harry almost fist pumped, it worked.

--

Harry waited outside at the bus stop, which was running 15 minutes late. He was supposed to be home by now. Where was the bus? He checked his phone, which barely scraping 5% of battery. He ran his fingers through his hair, just as he was about to start walking, a voice called out to him.

"Harry, need a lift?" It was Niall.

Holy shit, he thought. He jogged over to the car, and easily slid into the car.

"Thank you." He breathed out, not getting anything but a nod in return. He wanted to say something else, anything really. He wanted to ask him how his day was, or ask him why he was drinking so much. Actually, he knew that answer.

He gave Niall directions, and soon they pulled up to his flat.

"Thank you." He said again, and slid out of the car, missing the wave Niall sent his way. He walked to the front door, telling himself not to turn around. Niall hadn't left yet.

He made it inside without turning around, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

--

Harry laid out on the couch, holding his sleeping little girl. Never would he thought he would had a daughter of his own. Someone by blood. Never would he thought he would have gotten someone pregnant, because he was gay. But he made a mistake by going out to a party, and he made the mistake by drinking to much for him to handle. But he would never make the mistake by letting his little girl go. Because she was not a mistake, and she was the only thing he had left.

--

I think this is kind of short. I'm not sure, it was written on my phone. Did you like this chapter? I love reading your comments, they make me so happy!