Chapter 28

I did not mean to offend anyone with the last chapter. Yes, there is a church who is against gays and have protested a lot of gay pride events. Not only are they against gays, but a lot of other things. They have even protested the boy's concert. They are called the Westboro baptist church. If you do not believe me you can look it up. I am not saying every church is like this. I personally don't go to church, but I don't mean to harm or offend anyone. And please, do not start arguing through the comments. If I see that again I will not update for awhile, or delete this story. If my story offends anyone, then I am sorry. I am not here to do that. I am here because I love to write, and read. So please, do not argue with each other. 

Also, warning: This chapter might make you cry. I cried while writing it.

Okay, read ahead.

--

Niall packed his bag as fast as he could. Harry was already in the cab waiting. They still weren't talking. Niall was still upset over this morning, and Harry was upset he wasn't informed Niall's grandparents were homophobic. Harry was glad Niall's grandpa wasn't home; he didn't want to run into him and see his disapproving look. 

Niall walked out of the house; he already told his mum they were leaving to stay in a motel, but he didn't tell her why. He quickly got in the cab next to Harry, and leaned in close to the driver. "Take us to the nearest motel, please." He says loud enough for him to hear. He nods, and Niall sits back next to Harry, clicking his seat belt into place. He looks over at Harry; he is looking out the window, his arms around Bella as she naps on his chest. 

A sigh falls off his lips, and he turns his head to stare out his window as well. He watches the buildings fade behind him as they drive, and he leans his head against the window. He lets his mind wonder, and he can't help but question what if he told Harry before they came. Would he still have came? Probably not, he thinks. 

The cab comes to a stop, and Niall looks up outside. They're parked outside of a motel, the sign says "Eden Motel." 

"How much?" Niall asks, already pulling out his wallet. 

"Don't worry about it." Harry says. "Just take Bella, and I'll pay and get our bags." 

Niall nods, gently taking Bella out of Harry's arms and carefully adjusts her so her head is laying on his shoulders and his arm is supporting her under her bum. He slowly opens the cab door, and gets out of the cab, careful not to wake her. He waits next to the cab for Harry, who is quick to come up beside them with their bags and his wallet still out.

"Let me pay for the room." Niall says quickly. Harry ignores him, already walking up to the desk. Niall follows behind, frowning. He opens his mouth to speak, but is cut off when Harry speaks to the lady behind the desk. It doesn't take long to get a room, they got a two bed room. Niall follows behind Harry, they walk up stairs until they are on the third floor, and then down the walkway until they are at the last room. 

"Are we going to talk about this?" Niall asks, slowly laying Bella on one of the beds. 

"There is nothing to talk about." Harry says, slipping off his shoes, and getting in the bed with Bella. He turns his back to Niall, wrapping his arm around Bella and pulling her back against his chest. Niall stares for a moment, before crawling into the empty bed, his back towards Harry, and he silently cries himself to sleep.

--

Liam paces around the room, nervously running his hands down his shirt. Zayn was late at getting home, again. This was the third time this week, and Liam had no clue why he was suddenly getting hauled up. Zayn had been acting suspicious lately, always hiding his phone from Liam, or getting home late. Liam can tell when Zayn lies. He stutters, and keeps his gaze on the wall behind the person he is lying to. Liam has caught on to it through out the years they have been together. 

They have been together for years, and Liam is worried and scared Zayn is cheating or planning to break up with him. Its almost eight at night, and Liam can't keep his gaze off the clock. Zayn was supposed to be home four hours ago. 

Liam hears his phone going off, and his heart starts pounding harder in his chest. He tears his gaze off the wall, and sees he has a text from Zayn. 

"Broke down. Pick me up?" 

"Where?" 

"At that cafe you like going to."

Liam doesn't text back, instead jumps up, quickly slips on his shoes and grabs his keys off the counter and is in the car within two minutes. He shivers at the cold, turning the heat up and sits there for a minute as he waits for the car to warm up. His hands are also shaking. He's afraid to see Zayn. He's nervous. Why was Zayn at that cafe instead of coming home like he was supposed to? Is the only question on Liam's mind. 

Soon, he is parking outside the building. He pulls out his phone, sending a text to Zayn to let him know he is here.

"Come inside. I'm ordering." He gets back. Liam lets out a sigh, turning off the car, and slowly stepping back into the cold. He takes his time to walk into the cafe, his heart racing even faster and his hands shaking worse as the nerves build up. The lights are dim; he can hardly see inside without having to focus or squint. 

He pulls open the door, hearing the same familiar bell. He steps inside, letting the door close softly behind him. He doesn't see Zayn; he doesn't see anyone inside actually. He frowns, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion. He opens his mouth to yell out, when music starts playing softly. Liam turns his head toward the source, sees Zayn walking out holding roses. Liam isn't sure how many are there, but its a lot. That is all he can tell. Zayn pushes the roses into Liam's hands, who takes them slowly, his mind still not wrapping around what is going on. 

Zayn places a soft kiss on Liam's lips, before getting down on one knee. Liam stares, shocked as his heart races in excitement and happiness instead. His eyes have tears in them as Zayn stares up at him with a wide smile, and then he reaches back and pulls something out of his back pocket. 

Liam is focused on Zayn he doesn't see the people surrounding him, he doesn't hear the giggles or the sniffling. He only sees and hears Zayn. 

"Liam James Payne, my boyfriend, my best friend, my soul mate. The person who has my heart, and future." Zayn pauses as he reveals a black box, causing Liam to let out a small gasp. "I have loved you from the moment you said you would be my boyfriend. I have loved you from the moment I made you laugh, and cry, happy, and sad. I loved you through our fights, I have loved you through our first time, and our rough times. And I will continue to love you. I will love you as we raise our children, I will love you when we move into a bigger house, and get a dog or cat. I will love you when you are old, and grey hair." Liam chuckles, wiping tears away from his eyes as he continues to stare at Zayn.

"I will love you for the rest of my life." Zayn pauses to open the box, "Liam James Payne, will you do me the honor and marry me? I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you, and I want to raise a family with you." 

Liam moves his gaze to the box, inside sat a silver band, and Liam's bottom lip quivers as he starts to cry harder. "Yes." he whispers, his voice dry and rough. He clears it as Zayn starts to stand up, moving in closer.

"Yes?" Zayn whispers, his smile wide.

"Yes." Liam answers, laughing as Zayn slips the band onto his finger. "Yes, oh my god, yes. I'm getting married. We're getting married." Liam rambles as the people in the back start to clap and cheer for them.

"I love you." Liam whispers, pulling Zayn to him to give him a kiss.

"I love you, too, soon to be Liam James Malik."