Chapter 6

Niall opened his eyes to see the sun shining down on him. It was cold, and cloudy this morning, but the sun was finally making an appearance. It was still chilly out, though. Not that he minded. He had grown used to the cold, and he was starting to like it. He was in the park, the very park he was beat up in three years ago. He still came here; he liked the view in the winter.

The snow on the ground, and trees, were a beautiful sight. He held a cup of hot chocolate in his hands that he got from a gas station by his house. It was keeping his hands warm as he waiting for it to cool off so he could drink it without burning his tongue. Hot chocolate was his favorite around this time of year, but he could drink it no matter what the weather looked like outside.

His hand itched to reach into his pocket, and pull out the ring that still sat in there. He didn't know why he carried it around him still. Maybe he did it to remind himself that he wasn't capable to be loved. That is what he believed. Harry left because he never loved him. Harry only felt bad for him, and he accepted that. Niall finally accepted that, but he wouldn't admit that. He wanted to be loved; he wanted someone to love him one day.

His phone rang, instantly snapping him out of his thoughts. He dug inside his pocket, his finger scraping the ring, and pulled out his phone. He checked the caller ID, and surprise crossed his features. He quickly answered, and brought the phone up to his ear.

"Liam?" He asked, shocked. He heard a chuckle, and then a deep voice.

"Hey, Ni! How are you, bud? It's been forever!" Came his excited voice.

Niall chuckled nervously, and a grin stretched across his face. "I've been better. I miss you! How are you? When are you coming back? Is it soon? I really want to see you, and Zayn." He fired back.

Liam chuckled again, "Yes! We actually got off early; we will be back in a few days!"

Niall started cheering, until Liam told him to calm down. His voice turned serious.

"Louis tells me...he tells me a certain person came back."

Niall felt his face fall, and he paled. It happened every time someone brought him up. He cleared his throat, before replying with a shaky voice. "Yeah, he is. But I'm okay. No need to worry....We...we have talked a little." He answered slowly.

"Are you doing okay? Honestly."

Niall sighed, Liam knew him so well. "I'm scared, I guess. I still love him, somehow. I don't know why I love him, but I do! Liam, why do I still love him?" Niall tugged at his hair in frustration.

"Hey, it is normal to love him. He is your first love; they say you never get over first loves. It's true. If Zayn ever left me, I would never stop loving him. Don't worry, Ni. Everything will get better, eventually."

Niall smiled, "Thanks, Liam."

--

Niall threw his clothes into the washer his mother had bought him last Christmas. He always waited last minute to finish his laundry. So there he stood, only in boxers because he absolutely had no clothes clean. It has been 2 days since the phone call with Liam, and he and Zayn were flying in tomorrow. He was so excited to see them.

He heard his phone ringing, but chose to ignore it, for now. He closed the lid, and then jogged towards his room. 1 missed call, and 1 new message. From Louis. He checked the message first, that said "call me." And then called him back.

He answered on the first ring.

"Niall! You don't have work today, right?" Louis rushed out.

"Right." He answered, confused.

"I need you to do be a huge favor, please."

"Sure, Louis. Anything for you."

Louis sighed in relief, "Thanks, Ni. You are the best. I'll be over in an hour." He hung up.

Niall stared at his phone in confusion, but shrugged. He tossed his phone on the bed, and jumped when he heard his dryer go off. One load is done, more to go.

--

Exactly an hour later, he heard a knocking sound from his door. He rushed over, and let Louis in.

"Hey, Ni. Niall this is my...my cousin. I need you to watch her until after work." Louis quickly spoke. He nodded in confusion, when did Louis have a cousin?

He moved aside to show a little girl, who looked 2, maybe 3.

"I'll call you later to check in! Bye!"

He watched Louis leave, before crouching down to the little girl.

"Hi, what's your name?" He whispered to her, causing her to smile.

"Bella." She whispered back.

"Bella, what a beautiful name."

--

Short chapter, but I promised an update.

Nouis won; I thank everyone who voted! :)

Im actually surprised Larry didn't win, lol.