Chapter 16

Harry knew he'd regret his decision. But he didn't know what else to do at this point. It was this, or deal with months of court.

He adjusted Bella on his hip, bouncing her higher before he pulled open the cafe doors. He heard a little jingle above him, making heads turn in his direction.

"Hello, table for two?" An older waitress asked.

"Um, actually I am looking for someone. We were supposed to meet up here."

"You must be Harry! Yes, a lady told me she was waiting for you. Follow me, dear." The older lady said, and began walking off, leaving Harry to follow after her.

His heart raced, and his palms felt sweaty. His head spun, and he thought about turning around and leaving. But it was too late now. He had seen her before she did. She sat in a booth in the back corner, away from everyone else.

"Shall I get a booth for the little one?" The waitress asked Harry, making Mackenzie's head snap up.

"No, thats alright." Harry smiled politely at her.

"Shall I start off with drinks then?"

"Just water, and milk for the little one." Harry answered. She nodded, and wrote it down in her notepad.

"And you, miss?"

"Coffee, please."

"Coming right up."

The waitress left, leaving them in an awkward silence.

Mackenzie opened her mouth, her eyes scanning over Bella.

"Wow, look at you Isabella. So grown up, and beautiful. You have my eyes." She commented lightly. Bella turned towards her father, confused and scared of the stranger.

"Daddy? Who that?"

"Bells, well this is your mother."

Bella didn't make a sound, and it worried Harry. A two year shouldn't not talk.

"No, I don't have mummy." Bella finally said, making Harry fight back a grin.

Mackenzie's jaw dropped, and hurt flashed through her eyes. "Isabella, you do not say such things. That is very bad of you."

Bella stared at her mother, before turning her attention to her father. "Daddy?" She whispered. Harry hummed, nodding to his daughter to continue. "I don't like her. She mean."

Harry threw his head back in laughter, holding onto Bella tighter.

"What did she say? What is so funny?" Mackenzie asked, her voice coming out harsher then intended. Harry shook his head, chuckles still falling from his lips.

"Nothing, don't worry about it."

"I will worry about it. I want to know what my daughter said."

Harry sighed, lightly shaking his head. "She said she doesn't like you. You're mean."

Mackenzie gasped, and then reached over the table for Bella's hand. She smacked it once, and then settled into her seat. Bella's face paled, and her lip quivered. Tears began rolling down her face, as loud sobs escaped her mouth.

Harry's face turned red, and he faced Mackenzie with enrage. "You have no right!"

"I have plenty of rights! I am her mother! She came out of me!"

"And I have raised her and cared for her! Giving birth does not make you a parent! Its what you do afterwards!" Harry yelled, his free hand clutching the table.