Chapter 20

"What happened while you were in rehab?" Louis asks again. Niall was avoiding the question, and he knew something bad happened.

Niall finally sighs, giving in. "Nothing, Lou. I made a new friend, his name is Dan, and he tells me that I need to start being more... Closed in and not worry about things anymore."

"So you're letting him change you?!" Louis suddenly shouts.

Niall turns around quickly, and stares at Louis, before opening his mouth. "Well, I let you change me, didn't I?"

"N-no!" Louis flushes red, and he can feel his heart sink into his stomach.

"But you did, without realizing it, though. Dan thinks it will help me forget about Harry."

"So.. You're closing off your feelings and emotions?! That's not like you!" Louis shouts.

"Can we just go? I would like to see Malcum now."

"No! You... You can find your own ride home!" Louis suddenly stomps, and then takes off towards his car without looking back. Niall watches him, amusement sketched on his face. He follows after Louis, slowly, and waits until Louis is seated in the car. After a few moments, Louis rolls down the window. "Well, get in!" He gestures toward the seat, without looking over.

Niall smirks to himself, and quickly enters the car. "I knew you wouldn't leave me here."

Louis grumbles under his breath, and his fists clench around the steering wheel. "I can still kick you out."

"You wouldn't do that, though." Niall smirks, leaning against the seat.

"I thought your friend said to block out your emotions, not be a cocky bitch!" Louis shouts, his foot stomping on the breaks. Niall looks up surprised, his eyes wide.

"Lou -"

"You want to listen to your friend Dan, then you should have asked him for a ride home! With this attitude, I wont be surprised if Harry never takes you back!" He continues, ignoring Niall trying to speak.

Niall lets out a small gasp, and his eyes glaze over with fresh tears. He blinks them back, trying not to cry. "Louis, Harry and I are never getting back together!" Niall shouts.

"You're lying through your teeth and you know it!" Louis turns toward him, and glares at him.

"Will you just shut the fuck up, and take me home!" Niall shouts, turning towards him and glares at him as well. They sit there in the parking lot just glaring at each other, until a car horn startles them. Louis quickly turns around, and puts his car in drive.

The ride to Niall's apartment is silent, and awkward. Louis wants to reach over and punch some sense into Niall, but he also doesn't want to hurt his best friend. He almost snorts out loud.

He lets out a sigh as he parks his car in front of Niall's apartment complex.

All plans of throwing a welcome back party for Niall are thrown out the window when he gets out the car and slams the door shut.

--

Louis storms into a small ball room, his fists still clench. He sees his friends, Liam and Zayn, moving furniture around, and Harry off in the corner playing with Bella.

"What's going on?" He asks confusingly.

Liam looks over at him, "Setting up for Niall's welcome home party, remember?"

Louis sighs, and suddenly shakes his head. He forgot to call and cancel.

"We aren't having the party anymore." Louis says, dropping into a nearby seat.

"What? Why?" Harry suddenly speaks up, coming closer to the group.

"Because he is not our Niall anymore. He's this douche bag that thinks he's so cool because he can block out his emotions and shit." Louis fumes. The boys stare at him confusingly, not knowing what to say.

"So, you guys had a fight?" Zayn asks. Louis nods, staring at his shoes.

"I wanted to punch him." Louis chuckles humorlessly.

"Why is he blocking out his emotions?" Harry asks.

"Because the guy he met in rehab thinks it will be a good way to get over... Well." He throws his hand up, gesturing toward Harry. Louis watches Harry's face drop suddenly, and he sighs sadly.

"I thought thats why he got drunk every night; to block out his emotions." Says Zayn.

Louis shrugs, "I don't know, but I don't want to talk to him until he apologizes for being a dick."

"He was that bad?" Asks Liam. Louis just nods.

"He might as well keep drinking, that son of a bitch. He goes there to get help, and comes out worse! There was no point of going if he's going to act like this." Louis says stubbornly.

"Lou..." Liam says sadly.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's just clean up, thats why I'm here anyway." He says, jumping up from his seat, ignoring the looks sent his way from the boys.

--

Niall sighs, slumping into his couch. The place is dusty, and is cold. Malcum lays next to him, cuddling into his leg. He has been home an hour, and hasn't received a call from any of his friends. He knew Louis was mad at him, so he knew he wouldn't get a call from him. But Liam, and Zayn? And Harry? Why haven't they called? He felt like he's been staring at his phone for forever, but yet no call. Not even a text message.

Had he made them mad as well? Did Louis tell them about his new personality? Was it really that bad? He thought it would be a good idea. He sighs, and lays his phone next to him on his arm rest, and picks up the pile of mail of his table.

"Bills... Bills... Bills... Check." He grins, and rips open the check. Of course, almost all of it would go to bills, but he still had enough for himself. He frowns, "what am I supposed to do in my free time now?" He mutters to himself.

He couldn't go drinking; no that would ruin all his hard work. Maybe he could go dancing? Or maybe... No, he couldn't do that. One night stands were never his thing.

"Just close in. Do whatever you have to do to forget about him. You can even call me if you want a good night." Dan winks at him, causing his face to flush red.

Niall remembers the words Dan told him the day they met. Would calling Dan be a good idea? He bit his lip, and then found himself pulling out his phone.

--

Like promised, I did a double update.